NEurope
Cube

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection

SMDUC_FINAL_LOGO.jpg

40 Mega Drive games on one 360 or PS3 disk. They'll have the HD options similar to the XBLA titles but won't have online multiplayer.

You'll also be able to unlock a few arcade titles and other stuff like interviews.

The games:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Alien Storm

Altered Beast

Beyond Oasis (aka Story of Thor)

Bonanza Bros.

Columns

Comix Zone

Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head

Dr. Robotnik's MBM

Dynamite Headdy

Ecco the Dolphin

Ecco II: The Tides of Time

E-SWAT

Fatal Labyrinth

Flicky

Gain Ground

Golden Axe I

Golden Axe II

Golden Axe III

Kid Chameleon

Phantasy Star II

Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom

Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium

Ristar

Shining in the Darkness

Shining Force

Shining Force 2

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic and Knuckles

Sonic Spinball

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Streets of Rage

Streets of Rage 2

Streets of Rage 3

Super Thunder Blade

Vectorman

Vectorman 2

I'll cost $29.99 in the US so hopefully it'll translate to £20 (although my guess is £25) over here. Due out Winter 2009 (aka early 2009) in Europe, Spring 2009 in the US. It's also called Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection in the US.

http://www.sega.co.uk/games/?g=577

Its going to take six months to put a load of old games on a disk and six more months to bring it (and the games are presumably already translated) over here...

(and a bit extra but really?)

I'm tempted, but I have most of the games on the list multiple times already.

SEGA sure love their Mega Drive compilations.

Saw this on PSU...not really sure what to make of it....Already own Sega Megadrive Collection on the PSP and thats v.ood, having all the same games on it pretty much... Plus it has online play...

Also own Sonic Mega Collection on cube which has all that covered pretty well...

Its going to take six months to put a load of old games on a disk and six more months to bring it (and the games are presumably already translated) over here...

(and a bit extra but really?)

Do January and February not count?

the games screenshots look awful.

They look a lot better in motion.

the games screenshots look awful.

bb7a366bd7353ff9a6869f04d3376b59.jpg

d8285b3759ed1ed3c9f3f8db27c45384.jpg

942c395173e0ddf89938f592a32fb66d.jpg

No way?!?!?!

720p?!?! I mean they are only 20 years old, they should be pushing 1080p no bother. God damn Sega for this outrage.

I'd only want the Sonic games which I already have for the Wii and have considered getting for 360 for nicer looking graphics.

I want them all to play full screen, otherwise it's not really worth it :/ if they are full screen though I would get it for Phantasy Star IV alone.

Do January and February not count?

Says spring. Im pretty sure its:

Winter = Dec-Feb (as the winter equinox is in Dec)

Spring = Mar-May

Summer = June-Aug

Autumn = Sept-Nov

(or at least as I say I think thats how they are arranged around the equinoxes)

Why does the same old stuff get released on these compilations (not that they are bad games, for the majority).

Why not throw in some Earthworm Jim, Comix Zone, MKII, Flashback, STORY OF THOR! ROCKET KNIGHT ADVENTUREEEEESS!

With the exception of Comix Zone (which is there btw Solo) the rest of those games you have mentioned aren't made by Sega, whereas all the games on the disc are oh and Story of Thor is Sega too but yeah... at least they have the Phantasy Star Quadrilogy on there. :smile:

oh and Story of Thor is Sega too but yeah...

Plus Story of Thor is on this disk.

Plus Story of Thor is on this disk.

Ah of course *slaps forehead* Beyond Oasis... the American name for what we know as Story of Thor, silly me :heh: ty Cube.

Gonna get this, hopefully the US one is region free so I don´t have to wait a year for this.

With the exception of Comix Zone (which is there btw Solo) the rest of those games you have mentioned aren't made by Sega, whereas all the games on the disc are oh and Story of Thor is Sega too but yeah... at least they have the Phantasy Star Quadrilogy on there. :smile:

Seems strange seem as Comix Zone is on the PS2/PSP collection

No online play = meh.

I know how can the PSP manage it but the PS3 and 360 can't?

Oh you're right haha CZ and SoT are indeed on the list, I should learn to read before I open my big mouth.

But still, it could do with more I guess but the overall package isn't bad at all.

I know how can the PSP manage it but the PS3 and 360 can't?

It's not a case of that though, for 360 online play is for XBLA arcade versions, they will still release those but these are just the original games, with achievements I assume? Anyway almost 30 of those titles are single player only plus out of the 10? that are multiplayer, 3 of them are allready available on XBLA, so this collection is definitely warranted, providing each titles has HD smoothing and the ability to stretch to full screen like the XBLA titles do.

Other than that as I've said it's worth paying the £20 just for Phantasy Star IV ^^ and it'll be nice to have a load of mini 5G achievements to get. :)

*edit* just worked it out... it'll be something like 25G per game. :laughing: but still pretty cool.

^^^ yeah but... be honest... with the current tropical climate of releases we are currently bathing in do you really mind? I know I don't :) will be a nice collection to pick up after Xmas.

It's not a case of that though, for 360 online play is for XBLA arcade versions, they will still release those but these are just the original games, with achievements I assume? Anyway almost 30 of those titles are single player only plus out of the 10? that are multiplayer, 3 of them are allready available on XBLA, so this collection is definitely warranted, providing each titles has HD smoothing and the ability to stretch to full screen like the XBLA titles do.

Other than that as I've said it's worth paying the £20 just for Phantasy Star IV ^^ and it'll be nice to have a load of mini 5G achievements to get. :)

*edit* just worked it out... it'll be something like 25G per game. :laughing: but still pretty cool.

Yeah but I am looking at it as Wii, PS3 and PSP owner, not a 360....I also own the PSP version of megadrive collection which i got for just £15.So for me achievements don't come into it unless they include trophy support? But even then not sure if its a must buy!

Yeah but I am looking at it as Wii, PS3 and PSP owner, not a 360....I also own the PSP version of megadrive collection which i got for just £15.So for me achievements don't come into it unless they include trophy support? But even then not sure if its a must buy!

But but... Phantasy Star IV... :blank:

**edit** actually PSIV is allready on the PSP collection I think but still... better on the big screen... and in HD... and ahievements... :heh:

^^^ yeah but... be honest... with the current tropical climate of releases we are currently bathing in do you really mind? I know I don't :) will be a nice collection to pick up after Xmas.

Opps, i just re-read first post i got wrong end of the stick. I thought it ment Winter 2009 as in 1 years time, lol.

So yer i do agree with ur post. lol.