NEurope
flameboy

Bioshock 2

http://www.n4g.com/News-216485.aspx

I just finished the PS3 version of Bioshock and once unlocked, in the extras there is a 15 second trailer for the sequel.

Confirmed title is Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams and the trailer shows a grown up little sister holding a big daddy plush toy, while sand of buildings in Rapture rise from the sand. It's set on the Atlantic Coast.

Other pictures I took:

http://i33.tinypic.com/wcbgq8.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2jf5ls.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2vv25c9.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/f35rav.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/246qoi8.jpg

Update:

Here's another 2 pics to show it isn't fake.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2eekm75.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/289hlow.jpg

Updates:

The two screenshots at the bottom contain story spoilers. If you haven't played any bioshock yet, don't click them to see the trophy list.

Having kept bioshock spoiler free I will wait until I complete the game myself before I take a look at this...

ahhh shit, i hope this is a beast.

this gone straight to top of my most wanted :P

If this is half as good as the original then it'll still be absolutely amazing.

I dont think this will be as awesome as the first.. that game was almost perfect... i got high hopes for it tho!

The first game was great - except it lost my interest about half way through for a few months. If it can keep me hooked I'll be much happier.

The first game was great - except it lost my interest about half way through for a few months. If it can keep me hooked I'll be much happier.
2nd half is so much better than the first, has an awesome moment that will make anyone say "no wais. awesomz."

Totally looking forward to this, hope the trailer is for real, really looks it :) here's the vid that was added to that article

Edit: Odd...Shorty's post wasn't there a minute ago but apparently was posted 4 minutes ago.

It's legitimate. It's available to watch on the PS3 version of Bioshock after completing it. And it does seem to be a prequel from the looks of the trailer. What I want to know is why is the 'little sister' holding a big daddy doll? I've said 'little sister' because if it's a prequel it'll be pre-going into rapture and meeting the Big daddies.

Hope this can live up to the first one. I'm glad the "yearly update" thing they were pushing just after release has turned out not to be true.

Would have been cool if they had called it "BioShock 2: Beyond the Sea". :heh:

I want the game to take place during Rapture's fall.

Would have been cool if they had called it "BioShock 2: Beyond the Sea". :heh:

I want the game to take place during Rapture's fall.

What a stroke of genius, having "Beyond the Sea" as the main theme was!

And it does seem to be a prequel from the looks of the trailer.

I would say that the trailer makes it look like a sequel, due to the older little sister. The Big Daddy toy is likely because of that bonding gene they have.

I don't think it's a Little Sister. I reckon the building coming out of the sand mean it's going to take place as Rapture is built.

Who knows though. :heh:

I thought they were tombstones personally, though I suppose I could be wrong..

I interpreted it as Rapture rising from the depths, being rediscovered e.t.c. In other words a sequel. I just hope as much effort went into this one as did the last one. I'll never forget one moment in the first where I was in some room and it filled with smoke, the game turned me to face the wall without me knowing, the smoke clears and I turn around... AAAAAHH JESUS, SLICER! BOOM. HEADSHOT!

The moments where the game controlled you were brilliant, especially the bit with Andrew Ryan. The bit where you can see the submarine from the glass is awesome too, the flood of Splicers.

Ah fuck, so many good parts to Bioshock!

Cool, i loved the first. I hope they can do a excellent job of the second one also.

I am abit concerned though with what they will do with this game though. It's just the atmosphere of a destroyed city gone mad n everything else made the game feel so good to play through. Can they do that with a second one?

I'd like to see them structure it weirdly around the fall of Rapture.

I want to be there when the shit hits the fan.

Well completed this earlier this morning and just WOW. Picked it up on PS3 and have just loved it from start to finish. Loved everything about it, the atmosphere, the weapons, the plasmids, the twists, the constant skewing of game mechanics. Loved it when was using the cure and had to find more and could only use the plasmid it gave me, made me feel really on edge and unsafe.

The plot twists are all great and I had a few ideas about what was going on but proved to be wrong...lol

It does lose its way a bit from time to time, especially when it slows down your progress by creating fetch quests but otherwise a near perfect game.

You've completed the second game already? I didn't even know it had been released, all I've seen is the first trailer.

:p

You've completed the second game already? I didn't even know it had been released, all I've seen is the first trailer.

:p

you know what I meant lol...

BioShock Could Get Five Sequels

In an interview with MCV magazine, 2K global president Christoph Hartmann says that a franchise as rich and story driven as BioShock could see as many as five sequels, comparing the critically acclaimed first-person shooter to the Star Wars movie series.

The difficulty, he notes, would lie in maintaining relevancy with regular iterations while avoiding the temptation to "cash in." Hartmann says he doesn't want BioShock to become a Duke Nukem stuck in development limbo -- but neither does he want it to be Need For Speed, ruined by a torrent of lackluster sequels.

BioShock is great and all, but do we really need five more? Hartmann explains: "Look at Star Wars. It's a fight between good and evil, just like BioShock. If we spin it the right way and get the right twist of innovation, we can make six parts of it, as Star Wars did."

With BioShock 2 just around the corner, and a movie in the works, we're likely to get awfully familiar with Little Sisters in the coming years. But I wonder if Hartmann realizes that while there were, technically, six Star Wars movies, only three of them were any good.

Well what is BioShock exactyl? Is it the Little Sisters? Is it the main Character? Is it Andrew Ryan? Is it Rapture? Is it the plasmids?

And I don't care what anyone says, it should have been called 'Beyond The Sea'. :heh:

BioShock Could Get Five Sequels

In an interview with MCV magazine, 2K global president Christoph Hartmann says that a franchise as rich and story driven as BioShock could see as many as five sequels, comparing the critically acclaimed first-person shooter to the Star Wars movie series.

The difficulty, he notes, would lie in maintaining relevancy with regular iterations while avoiding the temptation to "cash in." Hartmann says he doesn't want BioShock to become a Duke Nukem stuck in development limbo -- but neither does he want it to be Need For Speed, ruined by a torrent of lackluster sequels.

BioShock is great and all, but do we really need five more? Hartmann explains: "Look at Star Wars. It's a fight between good and evil, just like BioShock. If we spin it the right way and get the right twist of innovation, we can make six parts of it, as Star Wars did."

With BioShock 2 just around the corner, and a movie in the works, we're likely to get awfully familiar with Little Sisters in the coming years. But I wonder if Hartmann realizes that while there were, technically, six Star Wars movies, only three of them were any good.

No no no! Personally I don't even want to see a sequel, I would rather they take the premise and idea and art direction and give us another story. Much like Tim Burton does time and time again, he has a series of mostly seperate films but all are undenialably his films why can't the 2K team responsible just be left to do something similar to that? Create original games with the same vibe as Bioshock.

Personally I don't want to see a sequel but I'd love to see a prequel. See Rapture being built, completed, opened. I'd love to then see it falling apart.