NEurope
conzer16

The dreaded Driving Test

....just passed mine :D

Was really nervous lat night, but was well calm for it there this morning and it took a ridiculously short time! About 25 mins? I was expecting another 15 or 20 mins at least!

Great feeling to pass, now I can motor away down the dualler and drive on my own! Oh and my insurance company can reduce that bloody premium too!

W00t!! :yay:

....just passed mine :D

Was really nervous lat night, but was well calm for it there this morning and it took a ridiculously short time! About 25 mins? I was expecting another 15 or 20 mins at least!

Great feeling to pass, now I can motor away down the dualler and drive on my own! Oh and my insurance company can reduce that bloody premium too!

W00t!! :yay:

Congrats!

I've got mine tomorrow morning. I'm absolutely bricking it.

Congratulations to you! I passed mine in December and haven't driven since, why? Cos insurance, cars and fuel are too damn expensive. Still, an awesome feeling knowing you're officially capable of driving a car :D

Congrats! I passed in June (First time, 3 minors) It's a good feeling :) I think mine only lasted bout 30 mins if that.

Congratulations :) First time? Amount of minors?

Yup first time with 4 Grade 1's (minors)! Well happy!

Congrats!

I've got mine tomorrow morning. I'm absolutely bricking it.

I was like that yesterday, just get out in the car tonight and drive around for a bit. That's what I did last night. Drove the test route and just practiced some of the manoeuvers.

You'll be fine :)

Tomorow's headline: Young man killed in car accident. Silly noob forgot to use the brakes.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Congrats, mate. : peace:

Yup first time with 4 Grade 1's (minors)! Well happy!

I was like that yesterday, just get out in the car tonight and drive around for a bit. That's what I did last night. Drove the test route and just practiced some of the manoeuvers.

You'll be fine :)

I've got an hour driving lesson before my test to get into the swing of things. I know I can pass it, but I feel like I'll make a stupid mistake and fail the whole thing. Arghh! Just want to get it done and dusted!!

Hope you pass this time Chuck, I know how depressing failing a driving test multiple times is. Just try not to think of it as a test and drive as naturally as possible.

Congrats there Conor, well done.

Good luck paying for petrol though :heh:

I failed my first test, didn't drive until my second, which was a month later, and then passed with one minor. The second test I did really calmly.

Glad it's over.

Congrats there Conor, well done.

Good luck paying for petrol though :heh:

Cheers Franklin! extra 8c from last night eh! :heh:

I've been up since 7 and I've spent all morning 'revising' the test routes using the DSA website and Google Maps..... 11:41 can't some soon enough. :heh:

Congrats,

Lets make a forums target, to have all full liscened members of those old enough to drive... who's next?

Honestly, as conzer said, it's such a good feeling! I'm really glad I checked out the test routes online first, they make you realise how easy they actually are! As soon as he said "Ok, I'm happy to tell you.." my hands were clasped to my face in relief. So damn relieved. :)

I'm glad I have "high-ups" in my family. My uncle got me my license without having me take the exams. :]

Not like the ACTUAL test is difficult. You just drive around an S-shape, then drive back through half of it in reverse.

But where's the satisfaction in that, eh? :heh:

Also, it means that the Egyptian equivalent of the DSA must be pretty corrupt if they allow that to happen, tbh...

Congrats,

Lets make a forums target, to have all full liscened members of those old enough to drive... who's next?

Sounds to me like the perfect setup for the ultimate N-E meet...an N-Europe Road Trip! Woooooooo!