NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Reggie says: Hardcore Gamers are "Insatiable"

Ugh... I rest my case. This is essentially the bias that makes some of you feel the need to defend Nintendo so doggedly and never admit any shortcomings on their part.

One must ask, why aren't Xbox360 fans complaining about a lack of core games? And ask why some of you 'dedicated' fans felt the need to go buy a 360 or ps3.

I'm still not getting it. Why do you, Dwarf, Black Diamond and all the other guys who clearly have no interest in seeing the good side of the Wii and DS anymore, feel the dire need to criticise those who actually like it? Fair enough, we get it, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. were the worst games since Superman 64 because you just have to give it a few waggles and victory is yours, but you're obviously content enough with 360 and PS3 games, so why not leave it at that without trying to 'convert' everyone else to your way of thinking?

I'm still not getting it. Why do you, Dwarf, Black Diamond and all the other guys who clearly have no interest in seeing the good side of the Wii and DS anymore, feel the dire need to criticise those who actually like it? Fair enough, we get it, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. were the worst games since Superman 64 because you just have to give it a few waggles and victory is yours, but you're obviously content enough with 360 and PS3 games, so why not leave it at that without trying to 'convert' everyone else to your way of thinking?

Bless you... :heart: : peace:

Ugh... I rest my case. This is essentially the bias that makes some of you feel the need to defend Nintendo so doggedly and never admit any shortcomings on their part.

One must ask, why aren't Xbox360 fans complaining about a lack of core games? And ask why some of you 'dedicated' fans felt the need to go buy a 360 or ps3.

*Cough* No-one on here has noticed it yet, have they? It's not Nintendo fans that are criticising the number of core games on Wii; it's the Xbox/PS fans that are doing all that...

I'm still not getting it. Why do you, Dwarf, Black Diamond and all the other guys who clearly have no interest in seeing the good side of the Wii and DS anymore, feel the dire need to criticise those who actually like it?

It is unfortunate you need to jump to unprofessional conclusions about people. I haven't even posted more than a dozen posts, none vindicating Nintendo with any malicious intent, yet I'm already being prejudiced against. By the staff.

*Cough* No-one on here has noticed it yet, have they? It's not Nintendo fans that are criticising the number of core games on Wii; it's the Xbox/PS fans that are doing all that...

Again, more accusations by people who I thought would have more restraint. No, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, but it's really not your business to be TELLING me I'm not. And you just assumed I'm a Microsoft or Sony fan, because I don't wax lyrical over my love for the Wii.

Can't I just be a fan of great games?

It is unfortunate you need to jump to unprofessional conclusions about people. I haven't even posted more than a dozen posts, none vindicating Nintendo with any malicious intent, yet I'm already being prejudiced against. By the staff.

Again, more accusations by people who I thought would have more restraint. No, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, but it's really not your business to be TELLING me I'm not. And you just assumed I'm a Microsoft or Sony fan, because I don't wax lyrical over my love for the Wii.

Can't I just be a fan of great games?

Now who's acting immature? Try reading posts more throrughly, and you'd know that I not only did I NOT use the term "fanboy", but your name didn't even come up. Vanity is an evil mistress.

Stop reading things as "accusations" and personal digs, and you might notice that genuine points are being made.

Although many complain about traditional (or, *grimace* CORE) titles not being in supply on Wii as much as on other HD consoles, look at it from the other side of the coin...

Can you hear the amount of complaints about 360/PS3 owners not really having too many friendly, instant-fun (or 'casual' *sigh*) titles to play? No, because many customers don't even look at the system as it caters to a far more "niche" audience. But there are those who wish they could play their PS3's/360's with their spouses/guardians/siblings etc... Sure you've got titles like Scene it! or Singstar but nothing is currently capturing social gamers like Wii is.

Again, I've seen a lot of those people that have actually got Wii's in their homes yet show little love for their HD consoles when they just want a social gaming/lite experience. (This, in my opinion mimics the past in which parents were never interested in little Johnnies game system as it required a lot of time/effort to learn.) You could argue that the DS uses the social/lite friendly experience as a basis for it's success too.

A lot of people just want to play a game that is fun to them. Who cares if that is Canival Games or SMG. (I've always liked Carnival Games and I've been gaming since the 80's!)

It's been mentioned here before that if you watch and love a TV show you want more from it and analyse it more and thus, in a wierd way, end up criticising it more. Becoming intimately close to something ironically, makes you scrutinise faults far more than if you were a bystander. (Perhaps more of us should try being that gaming bystander and putting our "passions" and criticisms on hold and just enjoying what comes along.)

Welcome to the human condition that is criticising things we are close to.

Why is everyone sounding like a press release? So the Wii "captures social gaming"?

And casual and core gaming are proper categories. A casual game in my eyes is one that doesn't really require any skills beyond basic reading/writing/movement. A core game is one that does require practice and mastery in order to complete it.

Really, my only issue with the core games is Nintendo seem to actively try and water them down into casual games, for that extra $$$ casual gamers can bring. Wario Land on Wii is the perfect example of a core game bastardised with casual controls. It's a good game, I'm about 2 hours into it, but it makes me irate.

As tapedeck said there, he likes stuff like Carnival Games and he's been gaming since most of us were still in nappies. I've never played Carnival Games, but I do genuinely like the "casual" side of Wii gaming. Wii Sports, the Rabbids, Endless Ocean... de Blob are all games I would have scoffed at last generation, but the Wii has definitely refreshed gaming in a similar way that the DS did. The graphics might not be HD etc, but they can still be appreciated and there are games in which the gameplay DOES shine through, and its nice to have a selection of pick up and play games.

And yes, it is nice to play a bit of Wii Sports with my mum.

Now who's acting immature?

How old are you? 16? I've not commented on anyone's maturity.

EDIT: You are 16.

The graphics might not be HD etc

People keep bringing this up. Why?

I personally would rather they had more traditional (archaic, old-fashioned, whatever) games first, before this Wii HD bs comes to fruition.

You see, thats the problem. You view people criticizing Nintendo as some sort of shrewd little group with aims of "conversion". I accept your opinion; 'Wii is the best' but you and co have issues when its time to accept there are those who are not actually seeing that rosy portrait concerning the Wii. Its obviously hard for you to comprehend that i am actually a Nintendo fan and knowing what they have produced in the past makes me genuinely interested in what they may produce in the future, if you look around you can actually see some positive comments concerning Wii games... But all that gets thrown out the window the moment someone doesn't quite agree with what Nintendo are doing.

An immature and simpleton comment - Cos oh noes! A Nintendo fan can't criticize Nintendo! (especially when Nintendo America chooses to criticize them).

Can you hear the amount of complaints about 360/PS3 owners not really having too many friendly, instant-fun (or 'casual' *sigh*) titles to play? No, because many customers don't even look at the system as it caters to a far more "niche" audience. But there are those who wish they could play their PS3's/360's with their spouses/guardians/siblings etc... Sure you've got titles like Scene it! or Singstar but nothing is currently capturing social gamers like Wii is.

Great point though. But I don't believe family/grandparents/non-gamers only started to play games with the advent of the Wii. There were still eye toy, shooters, steering wheels and other peripherals to aid the non-gamer daunted by the buttons of a controller. Take away this hardcore-Casual barrier and games are still games; playable - so as long as there are games on those systems people won't really be complaining about family orientated games - I don't really believe anyone did - its not like these non-gamers actually care that much for games (IMO I don't think they do), I feel to them its just an extension of something like Scrabble or Ludo, play and then tuck it neatly away.

Which leads me to believing that this New audience that Nintendo seem to depend so much on are definitely not dependable as those gamers who openly class gaming as their hobby.

I personally would rather they had more traditional (archaic, old-fashioned, whatever) games first, before this Wii HD bs comes to fruition.

Cos Wii games get generalised as having N64 or at best PS2 level graphics, whereas PS3 and 360 games have better "next gen" graphics and are automatically classed as having better games for that.

And casual and core gaming are proper categories. A casual game in my eyes is one that doesn't really require any skills beyond basic reading/writing/movement. A core game is one that does require practice and mastery in order to complete it.

So point and click are casual games ? :confused:

So Wii Chess is core? :heh:

How old are you? 16? I've not commented on anyone's maturity.

EDIT: You are 16.

He's 16. So? He can still make a good post and age doesn't have to show how mature someone can be. Though from your posts so far, it does seem like your getting insulted from posts being labelled a 'fanboy' etc. No-one is insulting you, no-one ever directly insults another user on the forum, it's just a little debate with no intent to make digs at other folk.

It's just a generalisation. People seem to claim since the PS3 & 360 since HD and good graphics were the Wii is slated for having bad graphics, even though no one really slated the PS2 last gen when that had the worst graphics of the 3. I do somewhat agree with your view on casual and hard core games. Hard core games for me is one that takes skill to do, doing things for yourself without help, need to master things in order to do well etc.

Because majority of 360 fans I know like generic games/get games for graphics and shooters. It may not be true for everyone, but to me it seems to be that way and don't seem to get games that are actually good, just shooters, games with the same franchise name like Madden, Fifa, CoD etc and don't have to much interest in Wii games because graphics are worse.

I personally wanted a 360 for the Naruto game and DMC 4, don't have too much interest in many other games, just mostly RPGs. I rarely ever play my 360 now. I've only completed 2 out of my 6 games.

Just to take note, i'm not really trying to be on a side in the debate, but I can where Tellyn and co are coming from where as some others, while I do't disagree with them, seem to just be angry since the games we like has been watered down a bit to appeal more to the casual audience which I don't like too much, most notable Mario Kart and Brawl.

Last page or so I posted a huge list of the games I wanted for the Wii which was around 25 games I want between now and next year so i'm extremely happy with the Wii and don't think their screwing us, including Nintendo and 3rd parties.

RPG

Fragile

Arc Rise Fantasia

Monster Hunter 3

Valhalla Knights : Eldar Saga

Dynamic Slash

Kizuna

Dawn of the New World

Tales of... Wii

Non-RPG

No More Heroes 2

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic and the Black Night

Sin and Punishment 2

The Conduit

Mad World

Disaster

Guitar Hero IV

Another Code

Fatal Frame 4

Tenchu 4

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden

Probably/Can afford

Animal Crossing

Punch Out

Dead Rising

Cosmic Walker

Cursed Mountain

Klonoa

King_V, there is a big difference between complaining and major whining/overreacting! And that's what most of you that proclaim the word "tehh Nintendo'z lost'zz it... they don't carezzz aboutzz hardcorezzz" do, including you.

I'm sure many of those asking for more and more and more didn't play half of the games you would want for Wii (i'm not even talking about the *stupid* term hardcore games... simply the games you want).

I personally wanted a 360 for the Naruto game and DMC 4, don't have too much interest in many other games, just mostly RPGs. I rarely ever play my 360 now. I've only completed 2 out of my 6 games.

At least you use it. Mine is being used as a DVD Player... :( After playing the 3 games I was interested, and finishing one because the other two were simply not as good as I expected, I don't have anything else to play... Has MS lost it?? :indeed:

King_V, there is a big difference between complaining and major whining/overreacting! And that's what most of you that proclaim the word "tehh Nintendo'z lost'zz it... they don't carezzz aboutzz hardcorezzz" do, including you.

Oh STFU. This is the stupid shit that turns a simple argument into trash talk.

OMG! How can you guys be happy if you don't like the same games as me! WHY WONT YOU AGREE WITH MEEEE!!!

It's like two autistic kids trying to communicate. Look me in the eyes god damn it!

Oh STFU. This is the stupid shit that turns a simple argument into trash talk.

Hmmm.. definitely a great argument, actually. You're really having a mature argument here ;)

You won't get my point only if you don't want to.

And like I said, I could go whine about X360 line up to X360's forums... however I'm more interested in playing and discuss what I'm interested in ;)

Your point is rendered 'FAILzors' because you are throwing people with the opposite opinion (me) into one large bucket of overreacting babies, when in fact each and everyone with the "I'm not impressed with Nintendo" opinion has expressed unique opinions as to why they feel this way. And finally, you decided to use a less 'favourable' rhetoric here when you could have just expressed your point without it.

Its simple, I'm not really impressed with the future line up on Wii and I am not really impressed with the 'core' games on offer. Keeping in mind, I loved Brawl, I loved Galaxy, I loved TP and you would know that if you are actually keeping a 'personality track' on me. You haven't even been here long enough to know.

Why is my opinion classed as 'overreaction/whining'? Thats the issue. Rather than the passive insults why not just sip on some hot chocolate, agree to disagree and move to the next topic. FFS

Your point is rendered 'FAILzors' because you are throwing people with the opposite opinion (me) into one large bucket of overreacting babies, when in fact each and everyone with the "I'm not impressed with Nintendo" opinion has expressed unique opinions as to why they feel this way. And finally, you decided to use a less 'favourable' rhetoric here when you could have just expressed your point without it.

Its simple, I'm not really impressed with the future line up on Wii and I am not really impressed with the 'core' games on offer. Keeping in mind, I loved Brawl, I loved Galaxy, I loved TP and you would know that if you are actually keeping a 'personality track' on me.

Why is my opinion classed as 'overreaction/whining'?Thats the issue.

The same reason you're telling me I called you an overreacting baby ;) It's not what is said, it's the way it's said. I could have expressed me other way, and you would probably wouldn't feel hit.

The same way, you're not impressed with Nintendo's line up... OK, fine! We know it already. Do you need to repeat it 500 times in 499 different ways?

You believe I'm insulting you based on my posts here. My opinion was expressed by reading yours.

You haven't even been here long enough to know.

You don't know how long I'm here ;)

Rather than the passive insults why not just sip on some hot chocolate, agree to disagree and move to the next topic. FFS

Why not be playing instead of repeating over and over "I'm not impressed"?

EOT, for me ;)

Look, here's what happened:

-People complain about Ninty;

-Ninty starts to complain about the complaining;

-People become enraged about complaining about the complaining, as they feel they're right;

-Some people see Ninty's point, and defend it;

-Enraged people can't possibly see how such a subject can be defended;

-???

-The opposite of profit!

OMG! How can you guys be happy if you don't like the same games as me! WHY WONT YOU AGREE WITH MEEEE!!!

It's like two autistic kids trying to communicate. Look me in the eyes god damn it!

It DOES look like it. :heh:

Look, here's what happened:

-People complain about Ninty;

-Ninty starts to complain about the complaining;

-People become enraged about complaining about the complaining, as they feel they're right;

-Some people see Ninty's point, and defend it;

-Enraged people can't possibly see how such a subject can be defended;

-???

-The opposite of profit!

LOl, ok thats funny.

Because you won't agree with Meeeee first!!!

The same way, you're not impressed with Nintendo's line up... OK, fine! We know it already. Do you need to repeat it 500 times in 499 different ways?

Amigo, I will only reply to a response, just stop spamming the quote button then I'll leave it. All the people that have quoted me have in some way tried to tried to convince me my opinion is 'not right' because etc etc etc... Then the obvious line of past releases come up; Brawl, galaxy, TP etc etc etc... Thats where it starts. Im not commenting, then coming back in to comment just for the sake of it. Every other post after my initial one is a reply.

You are all stupid for arguing about nonsense now.

Reggie is absolutely right that insatiable gamers are always hungry. Look at the amount of people who just want sequels to the same old games again and again. Some people just live on nostalgia. Alot of people forget the point of the Wii. Its about new gaming not old gaming though some want it to be the new SNES, PS2 or whatever which it will not be.

Most old franchises are feeling tired nowadays. Look at GTA, wasnt all that. Same for Zelda. They tend ot get replaced which is what is happening nowadays. What was big afew years ago are not as big today. Old franchises need to reinvent themselves like RE4 or MGS4 to stay relevant. Most games dont do this so I dont understand why people still want the old core stuff. When a new game comes along it just gets ignored despite 5 forum posters shouting about it 24/7. :heh:

Sign in to follow this