NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Reggie says: Hardcore Gamers are "Insatiable"

Eh. Eheh.

Not only is that definition waaaay of track, that pretty much describes most Wii great games. People just ignore them and instantly label them as this or that instead of actually playing them for a while to understand what's underneath. Like with for example Excite Truck.

Wait wait wait... you're implying that the DS has a lack of deep games? Oh dear Lord.

I find it that people who tend to cut things short and go to the waggle route really should just give up, sell their Wii, because honest to God (and I don't believe in God), they just don't get it.

This is not picking on you, it's just hard not to respond to your posts.

I S-Ranked Excite-Truck, that is not the type of game I am on about. In that game you steer, accelerate and boost. Maybe throwing in the occasional trick.

Ok the epic description is slightly off, but I'm talking about games such as Zelda and MGS4, those games are epic, because they are huge games, have loads of different items and stuff to collect (MG moreso) and you just feel like you have experienced the adventure.

You are all stupid for arguing about nonsense now.

Reggie is absolutely right that insatiable gamers are always hungry. Look at the amount of people who just want sequels to the same old games again and again. Some people just live on nostalgia. Alot of people forget the point of the Wii. Its about new gaming not old gaming though some want it to be the new SNES, PS2 or whatever which it will not be.

Most old franchises are feeling tired nowadays. Look at GTA, wasnt all that. Same for Zelda. They tend ot get replaced which is what is happening nowadays. What was big afew years ago are not as big today. Old franchises need to reinvent themselves like RE4 or MGS4 to stay relevant. Most games dont do this so I dont understand why people still want the old core stuff. When a new game comes along it just gets ignored despite 5 forum posters shouting about it 24/7. :heh:

Good points here and I feel it needs quoted since it was at the bottom of the last page.

Basically, chaps, we need to get back to discussing how satiable/ insatiable hardcore gamers/ gamers in general are. There is scope for discussion of that aspect of things but theres no need to keep on with the same broken record discussion we are having here atm.

Ok the epic description is slightly off, but I'm talking about games such as Zelda and MGS4, those games are epic, because they are huge games, have loads of different items and stuff to collect (MG moreso) and you just feel like you have experienced the adventure.

MGS4 is huge?? :wtf::confused:

Please tell me where you bought your game... I didn't purchased that version.

MGS4 it's my biggest disappointment this generation so far. If I wanted an interactive movie I would have rent one.

Wow this escalated pretty quickly. Are people still moaning about the lack of 'core' games on the Wii? :shakehead some people are just so bloody hard to please.

Some of the people can be satisfied all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but there's no pleasing so-called 'Hardcore' gamers. :heh:

You are all stupid for arguing about nonsense now.

Reggie is absolutely right that insatiable gamers are always hungry. Look at the amount of people who just want sequels to the same old games again and again. Some people just live on nostalgia. Alot of people forget the point of the Wii. Its about new gaming not old gaming though some want it to be the new SNES, PS2 or whatever which it will not be.

Most old franchises are feeling tired nowadays. Look at GTA, wasnt all that. Same for Zelda. They tend ot get replaced which is what is happening nowadays. What was big afew years ago are not as big today. Old franchises need to reinvent themselves like RE4 or MGS4 to stay relevant. Most games dont do this so I dont understand why people still want the old core stuff. When a new game comes along it just gets ignored despite 5 forum posters shouting about it 24/7. :heh:

I can't really feel that many Nintendo franchises are feeling tired nowadays. Why? Nintendo have a history of reinventing and changing their franchises, unlike for example Core withe the Tomb Raider games of the 90's. I can agree that it's ridiculous that EA release new Need for Speed/FIFA/MADDEN/NHL games year in and year out with some graphical tweeks and new player names. But that's not what Nintendo do. We are lucky if we get one game per generation (apart from Mario Party). And at least getting that reinvention of an old franchise every 5 years is hardly to be called unsatiable.

People have been like "Nintend are casual now! FACE IT! Making core games would be stupid and totally contradicts the point of the Wii" when you say that you for example want Nintendo to make an FPS based on the Metroid Prime engine or a Gran Turismo beater.

YES, I acknowlege that casual games have a place on the Wii, but Nintendo shouldn't jump ship on delivering core games. What the people who complain about the Wii having too many casual games is as a matter of fact about us wanting the best selling console, with the lowest development costs from the new generation to have a wider, or at least matching spectrum of games when compared to the others.

We want to feel appreciated, rather than Nintendo, the wealthiest games company on earth, with the best overall game quality pointing their finger at us and saying "Haha you are stupid because you don't agree with our marketing strategy", and then pointing at the third parties and saying "It's THEIR duty to deliver the games we don't wanna do".

We also don't want Nintendo to ruin our favourite franchises to better suit the casuals. One rule all games designers learn (apparently appart from the ones at Nintendo) is that the outcome of a game is skill. If you want to develop games where the winner is to be decided by random, go manufacture dices.

And that all people whom complain about the ammount of core games are fanboys of the other formats is plain bull. I first bought a Wii, and I've only for the last six months been thinking of buying a 360.

Although Nintendo have made amends to some extent by announcing Sin and Punishment 2 as well as Punch Out, there are still games series we want to see, and some genres that need to be filled. The good thing is that Nintendo have said that they only will announce games 6 months before release, which meens there might be some cool games arround the corner. The above announcments were just what was necessary to save at least my faith in them.

It is unfortunate you need to jump to unprofessional conclusions about people. I haven't even posted more than a dozen posts, none vindicating Nintendo with any malicious intent, yet I'm already being prejudiced against. By the staff.

These aren't accusations or 'unprofessional' opinions, I'm pretty sure the first thing you said when you came into this thread was that you don't believe anyone who thinks Nintendo are the best developer this generation. And yes, I'm staff, does that mean I can't take part in a debate? I didn't insult you, I'm not making personal digs at you, so what's the problem?

How old are you? 16? I've not commented on anyone's maturity.

EDIT: You are 16.

He's 16. Again, problem?

You see, thats the problem. You view people criticizing Nintendo as some sort of shrewd little group with aims of "conversion". I accept your opinion; 'Wii is the best' but you and co have issues when its time to accept there are those who are not actually seeing that rosy portrait concerning the Wii. Its obviously hard for you to comprehend that i am actually a Nintendo fan and knowing what they have produced in the past makes me genuinely interested in what they may produce in the future, if you look around you can actually see some positive comments concerning Wii games... But all that gets thrown out the window the moment someone doesn't quite agree with what Nintendo are doing.

I'm not saying 'Wii is the best', I understand that Nintendo have flaws. Listen to the podcast and you'll know that we've all criticised them for them. I'm not looking at anything through rose-tinted glasses, I genuinely believe they offer excellent games and a better overall gaming experience than the 360 and PS3. It's comments like this that are annoying me:

I swear many of you are in denial. You must see that there isn't enough stuff?

I like the Wii and that host of awesome games Nintendo just announced, clearly I must be going insane!

Nintendo are just obviously out of touch. What makes them think i am going to buy a slew of relatively unknown/risque/probably mediocre games over one game whos quality is true and tested?

Also an excellent post, we've seen less than 10 seconds from each game. They're obviously going to be mediocre original efforts, every last one of them, what we really need is more sequels!

I'm not trying to insult anyone in case someone wants to come back with some choice words, I don't think I've insulted anyone in any of my posts, but it's just really grating me now...

Let's be honest here, Nintendotards are right in this one..

King_V, you are basicly (sorry for Typo) coming here and trying to convince us that Nintendo Wii is shit, you done in 500 different ways in 500 different topics...

Even though i think Xbox360 is better than Wii, Nintendo Wii is not bad, and you should stop trying to argue with us about something we love, we will not stop loving it... (Most of us)

On the other hand, Nintendotards are so mad at the previous rants that everytime someone starts saying "Nintendo Wii is bad", we'l get a avalanche of ranting.

For god's sake, can't we relax a little?

Sign in to follow this