Famitsu confirms:

• Chibi Robo
  • DK: Jungle Beat
  • Pikmin
  • Pikmin 2
  • Mario Tennis GC
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2: Dark Echoes

The likely candidates for "Let's Play On Wii"?

o Luigi's Mansion

o Wave Race: Blue Storm

o Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

o Star Fox Adventures

o Super Mario Sunshine

o 1080° Avalanche

o F-Zero GX

o Kirby Air Ride

o The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition

o Wario World

o Nintendo Puzzle Collection

o Pokémon Colosseum

o WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$

o Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

o Geist

o Battalion Wars

o Baten Kaitos Origins

o The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

o The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

o Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question. Mini GC disks or Wii Disk. Hopefully, the mini's since they look delicious slipping into the drive!

They'll be on Wii disks. Because of the added motion controls and stuff, I doubt it will run on a GC. I mean, they probably could set it up to run, but I just don't see them doing that.

So far, I want to buy everything on that list except for Mario Tennis.

I would happily pay for F-Zero GX again if they add progressive scan to the PAL version. That, and online gaming and leaderboards. That would be the only way I would double dip.

... Who am I kidding, I would buy it all over again. Progressive scan would be enough.:smile:

Mini discs won't happen, as they're Wii games and not GameCube games, makes no sense to make them fit in a Cube drive.

Looks like DK: Jungle Beat will be a game of extreme waggle. I like. Hope it's still compatible with the bongos.

Wow. The Pikmin trailer really rubs it in your face, that suckiness of some Wii-visuals and laziness of some Wii-developers.

Plus, this makes me all the more happy I never played either of the originals. What's that? Yes, I know, I should go and shout meself now... The shame!

Edited for nuance's sake.

They have probably stopped production of those mini GC disks a long time ago, so standard DVD Wii discs I guess.

I don't think that's true. First of all, there are still coming out GC in some parts of the world, and second, there are some video cameras that use those discs (or some other disc which also has an 8cm diameter and 1,5GB storage capacity). But no, I don't think these games will be on GC discs.

jesus Nintendo are gonna make a fortune off this lot! I'd get MP if they gave it wii controls but i dunno..somehow i'm not sure if they'd feel right on the game. I mean, MP3 was made to have slightly more FPS like scenario's to accomadate the control scheme; will be be interesting to see how MP works with it.

My prayers have come true!! I missed a lot of gc classics because I bought the Gamecube in a quite late stage of the console... but now all the classics come back WITH wii-controls... *pinches himself too see whether he's dreaming or not* No, I'm not dreaming!!