"New Play Control" Games!

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN have reviewed Mario Power Tennis and given it a score of 5.8:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/objects/142/14286476.html

They gave the original on the cube 8.5 ( http://uk.cube.ign.com/objects/478/478864.html )

I'm kind of suprised, I have the original and really enjoyed it...are the new controls really that bad?

They're supposedly worse than the ones in Wii Sports Tennis; which personally I've never found to be all that great.

"Nintendo has announced that the New Play Control version of Pikmin 2 will be released across Europe on 24th April.

The reworked Donkey Kong Jungle Beat will then follow in the summer."

Bah, they had to release it in April didn't they? And on the same day as Little King's Story.

"Nintendo has announced that the New Play Control version of Pikmin 2 will be released across Europe on 24th April.

The reworked Donkey Kong Jungle Beat will then follow in the summer."

Another few months for Nintendo not to release a brand new first-party Wii game it seems...we won't see one till September 09 i reckon, good job Sega have turned full circle and releasing great looking titles like Conduit and Madworld in the mean time..otherwise i'll be peeved.

Saying that i'll probably by both Pikmin 2 and DK again...haha....:D

Edited by Owen

I'm thinking we'll get Excitebots and Wii Sports Resort in May - and of course the DSiWare launch titles. No one else is pleased that Nintendo aren't bombarding us with as many fantastic titles as this time last year (financially of course, I don't think my wallet could take it!).

There's been rumours about Motion Plus being delayed. I think we'll see Excitebots in May and Punch-Out!! in June.

I guess this could count as "New Play Control" games:

Capcom announced plans to bring GameCube titles Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero to Wii under the "Classics" banner. Both have been redesigned to suit the Wii remote and are set to launch this year, priced at US 29.99 in the States. The European price has yet to be announced.

This is probably the 20th version of RE1. I fail to see how Wii remote controls can improve these games.

Good to hear that Jungle Beat will have 2 brand new stages. Maybe this could mean we'll see the dungeons that were dropped from Wind Waker and an online mode included in Double Dash :grin:

Yeah I posted something similar a while back, think someone else did aswell. Would definently warrant a new purchase. With added WM+ it could be quite good.

Hopefully this means Nintendo/Sega will release F-Zero GX with some new features, like 30-player online support.

the only things stopping that are

a)miyamoto is stopping it because he was disappointed with it(...god hes an awful pain in the arse these last 2 gens isn't he)

b) 30 player? nah

c)motion control will never never work with this game.. never.. hell even miyamoto himself stated this would be one franchise he cant see the wiimote working for.. MAYBE and just MAYBE motion plus might help.

hmmmmmmmm?

Well, it seems there were two or three dungeons that weren't in the final game. The most obvious one is the 3rd "Pre-Master Sword" dungeon, the one that would give you the 3rd pearl. Instead, Jabun just gives it to you. It definitely seems like Great Fish Isle is meant to be more important than it actually was in the final game.

As for the later parts of the game, I'd guess the ice and fire "mountains" were meant to be bigger or there was meant to be a 3rd co-op dungeon.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!