NEurope

Dispatched at last, I might get it Saturday. *tear of joy*

Although my classic controller is yet to be dispatched. Will have to Gamecube it for a while.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Will have this tomorrow - first Wii game I've bought in over a year and a half!

So I'm guessing your last Wii game was Smash Bros then?

Mine dispatched on Monday. I still don't have it though :cry:

I completely forgot about needing a better controller. I'm gonna have to find out my home-made Sega Saturn to GC controller converter and hope it still works... if the GC pad is shit that is.

Mine dispatched on Monday. I still don't have it though :cry:

I completely forgot about needing a better controller. I'm gonna have to find out my home-made Sega Saturn to GC controller converter and hope it still works... if the GC pad is shit that is.

Mine took 3 days to arrive so you should be sitting pretty tomorrow.

So I'm guessing your last Wii game was Smash Bros then?

Yeah something like that.

I'm on a late at work tomorrow, so i'll get to have a go on it in the morning hopefully :yay:

Will have this tomorrow - first Wii game I've bought in over a year and a half!

Welcome back from the PS3 Cookster. This game is sublime. As is NMH:2. Such quality software has reinvigorated my affections for Wii software as of late. Bring on 2010!

Alongside Endless Ocean 2. Man I love Wii at times. It offers so much random awesomeness that it's just, at times, totally unbeatable. Slick looking HD games and effortless online gaming becomes moot when you're playing wonderful titles on a Nintendo console. There's just something quality about Nintendo gaming.

Must be the fanboi in me! :wink:

Edited by tapedeck

This game is awesome, very well balanced, good roster with some really interesting characters and not nearly as annoying as Marvel VS Capcom which at sometimes seemed almost broken with character assist spaming and combos that just got you trapped in a cycle of destruction.

This actually did rather well in the US, if you wanna trust VGChartz. With a near-simultaneous launch, it's clocked up just over 100,000 on week 1.

Surprisingly for me, it apparently sold over double what NMH2 managed in its debut week. That sequel opened with figures a little better than the original did, and the much more positive reviews should keep it holding out for a while. At the least, it should match the original worldwide.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for getting it Saturday Emerald, mine still hasn't arrived :(

:EDIT:

Just got my copy of TvC :yay: but i've got to go to work now and i'm off out later.

Hopefully i can get a go tomorrow before work, otherwise it'll have to wait till sunday :sad:

Edited by DuD
Automerged Doublepost

Seems as though I can still hope for Saturday. Gonna organize a get together with some friends to play this and NSMBWii. This is particularly I hope it arrives tomorrow.

EDIT: Nice, I thought the mailman had skipped the house, after the Liverpool Everton game he stops by with my orders. Played it at a friends, was mad fun but my friend sure did seem good, I Won one or two early games but he found the specials much quicker than I did.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I haven't had much of a go with this so far, but from what little i've played i'm loving it.

I had a little mess around with Alex in training mode earlier on, and have put me together a baroque combo that completely kills the opponent off only 20% of my red health. It doesn't even involve supers :D

I found out a couple of other combos aswell, but they aren't as impressive as that first one.

I've gotta admit i'm having a lot more fun with this than i thought i would when it first got announced. Well done Capcom.

Im thinking of getting this game, is it any good? Im not not really into fightes but I really enjoyed Brawl, even those two are different fighters. I wont have much time to invest in it, will only have random fun with friends. So is this game very acceplable for different kind of players?

Game is fun. Had a really fun bash with ryu and chun li then, got my mate to come round, pick up his copy while we had a short bash where i won both times but in very close fights. Man this game is wacky! Need to unlock more characters. Some of them are beasts though like Alex, but that's to be expected. Love the combo tastic gameplay too.

Im thinking of getting this game, is it any good? Im not not really into fightes but I really enjoyed Brawl, even those two are different fighters. I wont have much time to invest in it, will only have random fun with friends. So is this game very acceplable for different kind of players?

Absolutely! One of the things I noticed was that it is very accessible no matter what level you are. And it's great to pick up and play for half an hour or so with mates.

Thanks for the info, I have order it from Zavvi now. Its only £18 now! Its really nice price for a new released game. Really hyped up for this game now, went a few days deciding about getting it or not.

Thanks for the info, I have order it from Zavvi now. Its only £18 now! Its really nice price for a new released game. Really hyped up for this game now, went a few days deciding about getting it or not.

And it has been for a while now. Not sure if that was Zavvi's release price but yes, for the game you are getting it's worth it.

I even think Zavvi and The Hut have the same company behind them, but maybe some of the UK forumers can enlighten us about that?

With the Arcade endings, I sorta wished there was a separate Story mode. I've completed the arcade mode with Roll and Chun Li. I hardly play over an hour at a time, just so I can savour the experience and make it last longer. Will probably start Infamous and play both games back to back.

I even think Zavvi and The Hut have the same company behind them, but maybe some of the UK forumers can enlighten us about that?

Probably owned by same people judging by the layout. But who cares. Its cheap and they ship outside UK.

I'm getting into the characters in this game a bit more now. I've started mixing in some Roll and Jun the Swan (along with my Alex and Ryu).

I'm also loving the combo system, even though it seems to have zero restrictions compared to Street Fighter's. It just makes for insane long combos. I've hardly experimented with baroque combos either :D

I can't recommend this enough for fighting game fans.

Sign in to follow this