NEurope

Oh, go on then, saw it for £21.86 on Shopto and thought what the hell, too bad they don't have stock yet.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

My record ain't good either, won 3 out of 9.

Just played against someone that was insanely amazing at the game, they were literally playing pinball with me! :heh:

I've started using Frank now, but his call a Zombie move seems to have a nasty habit of backfiring. :grin:

I've added your FC - this is mine folks: 4125-6469-9158

I played this guy who was Kaijin no Soki and his hyper move thingy seams to be incredibly powerful when he turned into this beast. I swear his moves all went over half the length of the screen. He totally walloped me - I barely scratched him.

I've yet to actually unlock anyone new - is that done just through beating Arcade mode?

Now £17.95 at Zavvi

Just quoted so its not missed.

Thank you welsh you bargain hunting guru :D

Just quoted so its not missed.

Thank you welsh you bargain hunting guru :D

Thank goodness, cancelled my order with Shopto. Thanks Welsh gamer and DuD. helping me save 4 quid. ;D

Just making sure no one misses this:

Mike, H-o-T, Captain Falcon and everyone else with the game. Add your FC's to this thread:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=26643

: peace:

I've yet to actually unlock anyone new - is that done just through beating Arcade mode?
That's how I unlocked Frank, yeah.

Not sure if you can unlock characters/stuff in the other modes too. ::shrug:

I've invested £13.99 in a pro classic controller. Is it wise for this game?

Well I'm using a normal CC and I can only imagine the "wings" making it more comfortable.

Using the normal one isn't bad though as the D-pad is more natural position than than the left stick (for use during other games - you can use it in this but why would you?)

You can of course use a GC pad if you have one too.

If you've not got access to either of those than it's worth it since you can use it on VC/WiiWare games too but if you do, you might as well try them first.

Gave it a quick run around last night....... I love it already. Game is fun and comes as a very refreshing break to my usual shoot this with a gun gaming sessions.

My only gripe with the game is that there is no localised voices for known gaming characters. I would have at least liked Joe but it would have added to development time. I probably would have ended up changing to Japanese voices if English were available. But it leaves me wondering why the went and localised the song. Seriously doesn't fit with the music and the rapping is just misplaced.

I can't seem to decide if I'm going to buy this or not! I mean, it's just a typical 'tekken' style game, right? So won't it be kind of dull playing it alone? I'll wait anyhow, just ordered Metroid Prime Trilogy and PW - Trials and Tribulations, so I got my hands full for the next few months! :grin:

Oh, and one more question, can you plug out the nunchuk and play with the Wiimote sideways? 'Cause i think that would be better than using both?

I can't seem to decide if I'm going to buy this or not! I mean, it's just a typical 'tekken' style game, right?

Tekken = Super awesome :D

Well lol, as for a "typical Tekken", I'd have to give that a DOUBLE no-no :laughing:

In my own honest opinion, genres can have a genre within a genre, if you get what I mean ::shrug: Like take say, 'Brawlers' for example (which is a Fighting game in the form of a Brawler), you can have your Super Smash Bro's and TMnt: Smash Up type brawler and then you can have a brawler like Powerstone which differs quite a bit. Now that's just 'Brawlers'. :)

Then we move onto your '3D Street Fight' type Fighting games like your Tekkens, Virtual Fighter and prob' Dead or Alive, which differs from your Soul Caliburs (weapon based), which ALSO differs from say, Bloody Roar (evolve into beasts). Now that's different 3D type Fighting games.

Then lastly, you move on to your Fighting games Like your StreetFighters - in this case, TvC : peace:

TvC differs from your Alphas and even your MvC quite a bit but it's THAT style of Fighting game :wink:

So to conclude, you won't play by yourself as it has Wi-Fi gameplay (best on Wii to date, so I've heard) and the game just looks so BLASTED EPIC :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Not sure if you can unlock characters/stuff in the other modes too. ::shrug:

Yeah you just unlock the characters through arcade mode. Complete it 3 times and then 6 times with different Capcom characters and then the same with different Tatsunoko characters. I seem to unlock the online icons randomly though, some I got from just buying stuff from the shop. :confused:

Tekken = Super awesome :D

Well lol, as for a "typical Tekken", I'd have to give that a DOUBLE no-no :laughing:

In my own honest opinion, genres can have a genre within a genre, if you get what I mean ::shrug: Like take say, 'Brawlers' for example (which is a Fighting game in the form of a Brawler), you can have your Super Smash Bro's and TMnt: Smash Up type brawler and then you can have a brawler like Powerstone which differs quite a bit. Now that's just 'Brawlers'. :)

Then we move onto your '3D Street Fight' type Fighting games like your Tekkens, Virtual Fighter and prob' Dead or Alive, which differs from your Soul Caliburs (weapon based), which ALSO differs from say, Bloody Roar (evolve into beasts). Now that's different 3D type Fighting games.

Then lastly, you move on to your Fighting games Like your StreetFighters - in this case, TvC : peace:

TvC differs from your Alphas and even your MvC quite a bit but it's THAT style of Fighting game :wink:

So to conclude, you won't play by yourself as it has Wi-Fi gameplay (best on Wii to date, so I've heard) and the game just looks so BLASTED EPIC :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

W O W

That's one hell of a genre analysis! I got a little more positive to buying TvC now! Thanks(well, suppose i can't thank you, considering my economy, but what the heck)! :grin:

Well I managed to unlock Tekkaman Blade earlier today.

I managed to get some wins in online last night in ranked fights no less - previous bouts had all been practice ones.

Though quite why a "beginner" such as me was being matched up against a "champ" was a bit strange. He was on over 1000 BP and I was on 0. And that was the closest match up I had - some were much worse.

Still, I played six matches and won 3 overall and was ranked 5008th when I came off last night so not too bad.

I'm waiting for mine to arrive... but in the mean time i've got a question. Are there charge characters in this game? or is the action too fast paced for that??

I didn't recall seeing this being answered so I'll step in.

As far as I can tell so far, I've sampled almost all the characters in training mode, that I've unlocked anyway, there are no sole charge based characters. Most specials require direction rotations though a few do have one charge move in their arsenal - I can't think of any with two. None of the hyper-combos require charging either.

Whether it just wouldn't be practical, I'm not too sure. As you suggest, it is quite fast paced but then you could always charge one move whilst doing another like in any SF game.

Edited by Captain Falcon
Automerged Doublepost

Though quite why a "beginner" such as me was being matched up against a "champ" was a bit strange. He was on over 1000 BP and I was on 0. And that was the closest match up I had - some were much worse.
I've been getting the same problem, seems like there are waaay too many pros out there.

Or I'm just really bad. :blank:

Oh- and whatever you do, don't change the online search to worldwide. I made that mistake earlier on today... ended up playing against what can only be described as a robot, or perhaps one of the actual game designers. :heh: Either way, it wasn't pretty. :laughing:

Despite my incompetence I'm still enjoying the online, especially when I do come across someone of a similar skill level and get to have a really close fight. :awesome:

Cheers C.Fal :)

I haven't played any of the vs games before, but i've played a lot of Street Fighter over the years.

I always used to play as Ken back in the day, but i've got pretty good with the charge characters recently... especially Mr Rog, so I was hoping there'd be someone similar-ish in TvC.

Guess i'll be getting used to the shoto controls once again :grin:

Cheers C.Fal :)

I haven't played any of the vs games before, but i've played a lot of Street Fighter over the years.

I always used to play as Ken back in the day, but i've got pretty good with the charge characters recently... especially Mr Rog, so I was hoping there'd be someone similar-ish in TvC.

Guess i'll be getting used to the shoto controls once again :grin:

There is a character called Alex that has 2 charge moves, similar to guile. Although his Ultra's are quarter circle movements. He's also got a 'Gief like full rotation piledriver move. Also, theres this little girl with a broom.....Roll, I think her name is, who has some charge moves and one of her Ultras is charged.

There is a character called Alex that has 2 charge moves, similar to guile. Although his Ultra's are quarter circle movements. He's also got a 'Gief like full rotation piledriver move. Also, theres this little girl with a broom.....Roll, I think her name is, who has some charge moves and one of her Ultras is charged.

And so I stand corrected :blush:

Really enjoying this so far, but really struggling on the final boss in arcade mode...Online seems really good, not had any issues with connection or people quitting when they lose (that put me off online SFIV...).

And so I stand corrected :blush:

Well in the instruction booklet, it only shows Alex as having one charge move...

If you bring up the command list during play, it shows Alex to have a backwards charge to forward attack, can't remember the name but its like a sweeping punch combo depending on which attack button you press. He also has a downwards charge to up attack that makes Alex jump into the air and come back down with what looks like a knee drop. The distance on this move is also dependant on which attack button you press.

You can cancel into both moves, which then can be cancelled into one of his Ultras.

Thats what I like about this game, theres no need to have a silly cancelling technique like FADC in SFIV, just inputting the next move command will cancel the animation of the current move. Makes it a lot easier as we don't all have the ability of Diago Umehara.

So should I get excited by this game then? Almost definitely going to pick it up when I get my Wii back. Hope there's some nice online action on here

So should I get excited by this game then? Almost definitely going to pick it up when I get my Wii back. Hope there's some nice online action on here

I love it, even if you're just remotely interested in fighters, then its definitely worth picking up. I just need to get my head round the faster paced action and combo-tastic gameplay.

This game is SUPER SPECIAL AMAZING, and it'd be a pleasure playing with you fellow N-E'ers :D

For you SSBB ass-kickers who have played this, does GOLD LIGHTAN look as if he's been fascinated with Captain Falcons forward+A -while in air- attack (Falcon Knee :laughing: ) and Ganons Down+A -while in air- attack (calV's famous stomp :laughing: )? :laughing:

UK charts from Eurogamer.

Sony's big PS3 exclusive MAG debuted in fourth, and Capcom's fighting game Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars missed the top 40 and finished sixth on the Wii chart.

What a surprise, Wii owners shun another great 3rd party effort. Im honestly getting quite sick of of this lack of support from Wii gamers, its a big middle finger to Capcom who put the time and effort into bringing the game over to the west. Hopefully the yanks will give the game the sales it deserves.

Didn't Capcom sort of expect this though? I read somewhere, I think it was a Destructoid interview, that they just made the game mainly for themselves and fan-service.

I agree it is a shame its not got the sales it clearly deserves, and hopefully it won't put them off making a sequel - which would probably be for the HD consoles I would imagine.

Sign in to follow this