NEurope
Pit-Jr

Obama -VS- McCain Choose your Poison!

That's not as bad as it sounds. I mean, I expect my world leaders have better things to do than read forums. Or, for that matter, do their own typing.

I'll give you that. But still. Shouldn't the person who leads the most powerful country in the world at least know how to use something that most of his citizens use quite a bit. He needs to at least have some knowledge of it to be able to make a proper decision about it.

“The churches that Sarah has attended all believe in a literal translation of the Bible,”

just to quote a part of the New Testament:

"and there appeared another wonder in heavan; and behold a great dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads... and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born"

and some of you fools don't belive in this :shakehead

Don't you just love the irony of "Russia attacked Georgia because they are trying to re-establish their old empire!"? :indeed:

What got me was when Rice and Bush came out and said "you can't just invade countries in the 21st century"........ummmmm, IRAQ!!!! God there ain't a word strong enough to describe how much I hate the Bush administration.

I can't believe the hate people give the Russians as well. Talk about clever people, I mean their national sport is Chess! All the respect in the world for the Russians.

I've been interested in a trip to China for a long time, very interesting country. Had plans to do it this year at one point, then decided against it because of the Olympics (too busy, hotel prices were WAY too expensive). I might go next year, gonna take the trans-siberian railway so i can see a bit of Russia and Mongolia along the way.

Well tell me when you're going over, you're going to need to know a few things before you go.

I know the Republicans suck, but McCain will definitely be an improvement over Bush. That is, as long as he doesn't die and let his puppet take over. My, that would be horrible.

There are chimps in the zoo that would be an improvement over Bush (they would dribble less), but that doesn't mean I want a primate having control over the biggest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world.

I think McCain would make the better president, he has more experience and has been through alot. Only joking! I'm all for Obama though, it'll be a sad day if McCain gets in, which I have a horrible feeling he will do with his evil choice of VP. The most worrying thing I have heard of Palin (and as has been said, there is alot of scary shit about her) is her environmental track record. Apparently she does not believe man to be the cause of global warming. McCain does but he won't do anything.

I'm not sure where Macain stands on the war front. You'd imagine, as a war vet (and a 'nam PoW no less) that his stance would be vehemently pacifistic. Yet the default Republican stance is one more committed to a US presence in Iraq.

That said, I think it's a given that they'll be there a while, and it'll be hard to judge either President by their actions in dealing with the wreckage left by the administration of another. As I understand it, the traditional Bush neo-con faction will have little to do with Macain's camp, come November success.

As far as I'm aware, McCain could a pretty militaristic leader, but he does oppose using torture methods against terrorist suspects, such as water boarding.

And yet, supported 95% of what bush believed in, well i suppose aslong as its not 100% we are ok.

I never thought I'd quote Russell Brand, but it's reached a point where I need to:

"Please, America, elect Barack Obama. On behalf of the world."

Gah, McCain's campaign (and the relative success it attracted) is making me lose hope in the American people. Seriously, McCain shouldn't even be close to reaching Obama.

(This probably should've gone in the frustration thread, but whatever)

I can't believe the hate people give the Russians as well. Talk about clever people, I mean their national sport is Chess! All the respect in the world for the Russians.

Seriously? That's awesome.

And it's good to see more people siding with Russia in this whole situation.

As far as I'm concerned, McCain is very pro-Iraq-war.

McCain used to be a maverick, going against his party on things like the Iraq war, Roe vs Wade etc. But that's what lost him the nomination last time. He's abandoned all his principles to get the nomination and he's still trying to ride on the coat-tails of that 'maverick' image, even while toeing the party line.

I don't know enough about the actual policies of the two candidates to make an informed decision on voting. But I do know this; I'd never vote for anything that gave someone like Sarah Palin the chance of getting any power.

1. The whole pro-life, anti-hunting thing is hilariously dumb.

2. Never give an extreme Christian get any kind of authority

3. She was nominated only because of being young and female. McCain wanted the Hilary voters and the people concerned about his age. She wasn't the best person for the job. It's too much about politics, not enough about the best way to lead the country, which is bullshit.

She's a manipulative beeatch!

[Look what I found!]

When Europe again shows support for Obama with 70% of its "votes", Americans now deviate to McCain's side...

McCain used to be a maverick, going against his party on things like the Iraq war, Roe vs Wade etc. But that's what lost him the nomination last time. He's abandoned all his principles to get the nomination and he's still trying to ride on the coat-tails of that 'maverick' image, even while toeing the party line.

But he spoke fondly about the Iraq war during the run for the Republican candidature.

When McCain named Palin I thought to myself, "nah no-one is going to buy that. Like there are people who are going to switch from Hilary to McCain just because Palin is a woman, HA!!"

Unfortunately, yet again the internet provides.

These people are actually going to vote for someone who is diametrically opposed to their own views just because a) Hilary lost and they're bitter or b) Palin resembles a female.

Sometimes killing seems so easy.

When McCain named Palin I thought to myself, "nah no-one is going to buy that. Like there are people who are going to switch from Hilary to McCain just because Palin is a woman, HA!!"

These people are actually going to vote for someone who is diametrically opposed to their own views just because a) Hilary lost and they're bitter or b) Palin resembles a female.

Holy Fucking Shit. Every single post in that thread. I cannot believe this.

That place deserves to be raided.

Holy Fucking Shit. Every single post in that thread. I cannot believe this.

That place deserves to be raided.

90% of the people in that thread are officially devoid of logic.

We could start posting (en masse) slogans like "Vote with your ass, not with your mind! Vote McCain-Palin!"

Check that board, it's full of this shit. I reckon we go in there, make a new post and be totally honest and just try and beat them on the issues. Shouldn't be too hard. List Clinton's policies and contrast them with McCain's and ofcourse Palin. Should be a piece of cake.

But maybe tomorrow.

Edit: Get Oxigen to back us up as well, could get very funny

O_O'

Incontrovertible proof that American politics for many people have nothing to do with politics. It's a battle of the candidates as persons, not of what they stand for.