NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

NaNoWriMo

So its now September, which means only two months left until NaNoWriMo. Whose participating this year?

For those who don't know the basic concept is during the month of November you write 50,000 words. Which is, I believe, a short book. Its one hell of an undertaking but I think it could be, in a completely masochistic way, fun.

I think I will finally do it this year. I shouldn't have a job. I've got people saying they're doing it too and we could force each other into progressing...

I highly doubt i would be able to write that many words :)

Might give it a go :)

Sounds good. I've got reading week in early November so I might well have a go at it. It'll most likely be a mess which includes several wikipedia articles copied and pasted in full.

Next year I already have to write a 10,000 word piece for uni, not sure I want to lump another 50k on top of that for funsies -_- maybe next year :heh:

Next year I already have to write a 10,000 word piece for uni, not sure I want to lump another 50k on top of that for funsies -_- maybe next year :heh:

I'll be writing a screenplay and im still daft enough to give it a try :p

I would love to/be able to, but I have schoolwork, which will most likely take up all my time.

NiSuTe Europe helps people getting education or jobs in video game writing columns, interviews, articles, and more. (we just don't do news and p-reviews) It is always great fun to write. we can even help you out when you have a good video game story. we can show people the right way to keep it safe from others to steal.

ps here at n-Europe and at nisute we are always looking for more writers. n-Europe Nintendo related only and nisute is multi format

This is a good opportunity to write something I've intended to get going over the past year. Should be fun.

50,000 words shouldn't be too bad. The problem comes when I re-draft it seven hundred thousand times. :heh:

Well if it were the script idea there is a script version in April: http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/

Anywho I think I have an idea. And the idea of NaNoWriMo is to "lock up the inner editor". Just get it all out. Use December to edit :p

It isn't a script, but I have toyed with the idea.

I take that age old view that I never really finish anything, I only abandon it.

Not that I think it was in your plans but don't have children :p

Children should be abandoned. Strength through adversity.

If only we were in Sparta.

I'd love to do this. But 50,000 words! :o I give up on stories long LONG before then. :p because I take ages to think how to create just one sentence.

If I did it I'd have to switch off that annoying part of the brain of mine that wants everything perfect!

The most I've ever written I think is 9000-10,000 words. :D

I started outlining mine piece today. About a third of the way through and I'm pretty happy so far.

Google Documents ftw btw...fyi tmi... lol... *leaves*

Ah fair enough. I just thought you misintepreted it about just writing in general (articles etc).

And to those saying its way too much to write ever done the math? Its 1,667 words a day. Im sure some people write more than that on here a day :p

i think i'll give this a bash.

i have several half started idea that I should actually get done, and this might help me get it sorted and provide a bit of an incentive.

The longest thing I have written previously was about 15,000 words (written in about 2 weeks), but that could have been easily expanded to over 20,000. This'll be a big step up though.

I'm going to do this, but you guys have to motivate me to make sure I actually do it. I've had a story in my head for a while, I should put it to paper already.

I'll be giving this a three-quarter-assed attempt! See how long I can last before i start tearing myself apart for writing so rubbish.

Well, it's been over a month since this thread was anywhere near alive; the start date is creeping up on us.

We want to average something like 1,667 words a day, which is truly not that much. I think the emphasis is on the number of words rather than the content because, as Ashley said; December is for editing.

I, too, have 10,000 words to write for uni, but what is excellent is that my creative writing supervisor loves the idea of NaNoWriMo, and loves the idea of reading my 50k at the end of it. I seriously don't think I'll write 50k but hopefully it will be a good experience anyway. My 'story' will be rather shoddy, most likely starting in teh middle first.

So judging this thread, it's just me ashley and tom that promised to do it? I wonder even if all three of us will :P

Three posts in a row, huh?

Well it's started today. Got 394 words so far :P No Idea for a title yet, though.

I do plan to start. Either later today (been out all day) or tomorrow. But with reading week I can do more than average. Still not sure what im doing. Going to try and find some way of tying in all the various (contrasting) ideas I've had. Could be...something.

I've not really spent much time on it today; I've got 394 words. One of my mates has 0 and the other has 592 words, despite telling me at 200 words "I give up, this sucks".

Ash - buddy-me-urp.

I've not really spent much time on it today; I've got 394 words. One of my mates has 0 and the other has 592 words, despite telling me at 200 words "I give up, this sucks".

Ash - buddy-me-urp.

Not really sure what you want me to do so take one of the following options:

1) You can do it. Keep going. It'll be great.

2) Quit your fucking whining and do some fucking work!

Sign in to follow this