NEurope
Dan_Dare

Left 4 Dead: A Thread For Suvivalists

Got my code, but no xbox...lol. When does it expire?

Well, the code will be useless on Tuesday as the demo will be available to everyone then.

I did that. PM if it works?

Can't wait for this. It's probably my most anticipated game atm- although in a way it's as much about who I'll be playing with as much as the game itself. It's going to be hilarious with my Halo regs.

Worked for me :D

Downloading now. It'd have finished by now, but... Gears :D

Phee I'll send you a FR for co-op later oui?

Damn straight :D

Had a quick blast last night, it's freaking awesome! Should be better in co-op than single player though, the bots hint a little too much about where you're supposed to go and they cover your back a little too well. I found it stole some of the tension from the game :hmm:

oh lordy.

this is brilliant. Completely fucking brilliant.

props to Phee for the game earlier. Can't wait to try it with 4 players it's going to be mental.

I seriously underestimated this game. First time I played through I was like, whoa that was pretty cool but surely it's going to be the same shit every time. How fucking wrong was I? I gave it a few more tries only to be pleasantly surprised, nothing was the same. The waves came from random, unexpected places I didn't even know about. My team mates started pointing out different ways you can go. I shouldn't have doubted Valve. This is like 2 levels too I can't wait for this, now to force my mates to buy this.

I know man! When I read up on the Director mode it sounded like it was just smart adaptive difficulty. How I underestimated it...

what we're really dealing with is that each level is an empty shell in which totally random elements emerge on a play by play basis. The possibilities are epic.

When me and Phee played, we encountered one of those giant tanks in the subway. It was well cool how it played out: I had the assault rifle and made to strafe around his back to get a good burst in, only to get attacked by a smoker we hadn't seen and dragged in to a crowd of infected far from the fight, screaming for help down my mic.

LOL! I know i've already had some classic moments. It's like every time they come from somewhere else and i'm like "Where the hell did they come from?...ohhhh". The realisation as I see a huge hole in the floor that wasn't there before. I even tried shutting a door on them only for it to burst open, quality! As for the tank, I encountered one in an underground room with pillars. I thought it was a good place to get him, god no. It only started ripping off bits of pillar to throw at me!!

haha yeah me and phee expected them to come from over a wall in the alleyways. They didn't. we thought we were OK.

After we got a bit further, we got rushed from behind. Turns out the attack was merely delayed some...

Brilliant.

I wonder why it's only £35.99 at GAME and not the usual £39.99. Preordering anyway.

Never really understood pre-orders much. I know I can walk in to any of 3 games stores on day one and pick up any game I want out of dozens and dozens on the shelf.

I do it with GAME because I usually get it the day before, or it'll be on the doormat when I get in from work :)

Definatly going to have to give the demo a go when it comes out for general download, seems to be very good impressions comin from here!

Sounds epic. I have the afternoon off tomorrow which will likely be spent downloading / playing the demo.

Question: Is it 4 player coop offline splitscreen? Best be, I never got why games never do that anymore these days...

Never really understood pre-orders much. I know I can walk in to any of 3 games stores on day one and pick up any game I want out of dozens and dozens on the shelf.

Get it the day before and cheaper than stores :)

It is only 2 player offline but to be honest we're lucky to get even that these days. Does 4 player split screen even exist anymore?

I still get shaken up by this game, i didn't know it adapted at all the first time i played through it. Thought i knew where all the attacks would be coming from on the second play through, oh how wrong i was! :D

The forest levels are the ones i'm really waiting on though. A city is bad enough, but a creepy haunted wood? That shit's gonna be crazy!

Still the dilema though, 360 or PC? If it's cheap enough i guess i could buy it on both...

If you like controls on both, I'd ask yourself which is more likely to provide an easy multiplayer system for you. Live has a solid friends list and good % of ppl with mics so that'd swing it for me. dunno how similar you'd find that on PC.

Looking forward to testing the demo on Live tomorrow. Looks insane from what I've seen so far though.