N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

Im trying not to spoil myself so barely watching any videos. Funny thing is that I have pre ordered this thing with money that does not exist yet :blank:

Yeah I'm gonna not watch any vids now, did it with GTA IV, MGS 4 and Super Mario Galaxy and it makes things so much better.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always try to do that and end up failing. Please help me! Just imagine if we picked the game up in the shops, knowing nothing about it, popping it in and then discovering it's sheer awesomeness.

That would be as intense as the time I bought Prime and knew jack all about it. Favourite game of all time.....

I am actually quite surprised at the hype its been getting. I am assuming alot of the media were not given beta access last year. Perhaps as to not affect R2 and Socom. The beta took up more time for me than most full games last year. There is definately some surprise around the internet at how good it is :)

As i have been saying the multiplayer was absolutely amazing and it will definately be the shooter to beat in that area based on the 3 maps alone. The better news is that it sounds like the single player is great too. While i think GT5P is more awesome and impressive graphically I can see why the shooter crowd like Killzone 2. :heh:

They have classes information up on the website now if anyone is interested.

348g2ah.gif

It doesn't look quite as good as The Conduit

Joking aside, The Conduit does seems to be a cool game.

The Wii game? :heh:

Whats up with fps on the Wii. I thought Metroid prime had decent controls but it just doesnt feel great enough for a fps.

K2 is the best loooking game i've ever played to be honest. I'm only three levels in, but man its sweet. Plays great, looks immense... this game had better get some 9's out of 10's. I'm defo giving it a 9, possibly a 10 if it continues impressing in the next seven levels.

Just by looking at the trailers I can tell that this game is going to be whoopass. Usually you shouldn't judge but having already played a bit of the online and seeing some of the graphics in the trailers I just know.

Will have to get my PS3 back in use as soon as possible.

K2 is the best loooking game i've ever played to be honest. I'm only three levels in, but man its sweet. Plays great, looks immense... this game had better get some 9's out of 10's. I'm defo giving it a 9, possibly a 10 if it continues impressing in the next seven levels.

Well i only played the single player at a show and that was an incomplete build(still looked good). The multiplayer beta alone was simply amazing though and definately will be the highlight of the game for most people. Put over 70 hours into it. Cant wait to get it back again.

The hype created by the KZ2 multiplayer beta damaged R2 pretty badly. I still think R2 is good but KZ2 is just one of the rare once in a while experiences.

So, can I get opinions from people who played both R2 and KZ2? My brother-in-law has a PS3. Due to also having a family he has budget and time constraints that make getting both so near each other a dumb idea. He doesn't really know which to get though, he's played R2 at a friends and enjoyed it, and he's checked out KZ2 some and his friends will probably get it too.

tl:dr?

R2 or KZ2, opinions from players of both plz.

So, can I get opinions from people who played both R2 and KZ2? My brother-in-law has a PS3. Due to also having a family he has budget and time constraints that make getting both so near each other a dumb idea. He doesn't really know which to get though, he's played R2 at a friends and enjoyed it, and he's checked out KZ2 some and his friends will probably get it too.

tl:dr?

R2 or KZ2, opinions from players of both plz.

Well KZ2 isnt actually out yet.

But i recommend KZ2. The online beta was just superb. Not out till February though.

You can get R2 for cheap at shopto though.

Hey hey I know Killzone will be better overall but if you seriously get into Resistance then it is brilliant. I've really enjoyed my time with it and the later berserks and equipment is worth unlocking. The weapons are varied and interesting (maybe a bit more than K2).

However Killzone 2 is going to be an insane online experience, played the beta and the graphics are brilliant and it's more satisfying to kill someone than in Resistance, everything has a real weight and purpose.

You'll be happy with either, but get both at some point.

To those who've played it, how does the gameplay improve over the original? I played the first and turned it off after a half hour because I thought it was extremely mediocre and uninteresting. I am a big FPS fan but it just bored me. What does the second do differently?

I've watched a lot of Killzone 2 media today and I have to say I'm very impressed. The original was one of the most overhyped pieces of crap that I ever played, so until now I was paying no attention to it; I'm eagerly awaiting the demo to see if it plays as good as it looks.