N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone else start the cocky Killzone 2 talk? I'm alone at the moment. It doesn't matter if you're as crap as Flamey just hit me lol!

You Mr gourami are going to feel so small in the sea against my awsome fish destroying abilities that you will wish you could return to your fish tank! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA. *

That ok for you Dwarf? lol.

*Disclaimer: Please note that i'm talking out of my arse and prob wont be that good! Although i thought i was pretty good at CoD4... :grin:

GamesRadar gave this a 9 out of 10 but when reading the review it really sounded like it should have been more lik an 8/8.5 with some of the faults/flaws they spoke of. That 'cover system' for one sounds to be very hit and miss and not overly great.

Regardless though, I'll still be picking it up. Looks good and looks to play well both online and off, even with the Half-life style loading at certain parts of a level. Not sure whether to get the demo or not on thursday but I probably will get it just to make sure seeing as I'll be paying £40 for the game, which is quite a lot of money for a student who doesn't have a job.

I'm going to do the first level or two of single player and then get to grips with multiplayer (unranked if possible). Then I'll spread the game time.

I only bothered completing the Resistance 2 campaign once though.

Can someone else start the cocky Killzone 2 talk? I'm alone at the moment. It doesn't matter if you're as crap as Flamey just hit me lol!

Dwarf, you are going to get KillzOWNED. :grin:

Yeh, I'm hearing that the AI is a bit basic. They run on a set path and even if you start shooting them while they are moving, they won't shoot back till they get to where they've been programmed to go to. Seems a strange choice to put in.

No this was not the case in the single player level i played. The demo is out this week anyway so you will get a feel for the AI early in the game. The AI will have different tactics each time you play and they are quite interesting. Expect to see some funny gifs.

GamesRadar gave this a 9 out of 10 but when reading the review it really sounded like it should have been more lik an 8/8.5 with some of the faults/flaws they spoke of.

Forget the reviews they are never consistent. For example, most of the reviewers have not really played the multiplayer online in depth because it takes ages to unlock classes let alone all features. This is where ebta players have been highly critical of negative impressions of the multiplayer.

^ Not what I'm hearing about the enemies 'tactics'. More like tactic as it's being reported that they basically spawn and follow the same logic and paths as those that have come before them in the bigger battles.

I should really stop looking to poke holes in this as I am really looking forward to sitting down and playing it. Haven't really played anything properly on the PS3 bar Fallout 3 purely because my attention is elsewhere, especially on the shooters front. So hopefully, this'll be able to take me away from Left 4 Dead on the 360.

^ Not what I'm hearing about the enemies 'tactics'. More like tactic as it's being reported that they basically spawn and follow the same logic and paths as those that have come before them in the bigger battles.

I should really stop looking to poke holes in this as I am really looking forward to sitting down and playing it. Haven't really played anything properly on the PS3 bar Fallout 3 purely because my attention is elsewhere, especially on the shooters front. So hopefully, this'll be able to take me away from Left 4 Dead on the 360.

The tactics vary. Sometimes they will bunch together and throw a grenade or two and then charge. The next time they may seperate and shoot you from different sides with one then following you. There are some scripted elements like enemy turrets or positions on a bridge/roadside but generally the firefights are unqiue each time.

As i have said the demo is here in 2 days. It will give you some idea.

I liked the abuse there, keep it going when the matches are going on. Thing is I'll undoubtedly have more to shout about than everyone here and facts to back up my noob pwning of MatTheTw*t and the shrimpy Mike who doesn't have the guts to slate me without leaving a scared message at the end.

I liked the abuse there, keep it going when the matches are going on. Thing is I'll undoubtedly have more to shout about than everyone here and facts to back up my noob pwning of MatTheTw*t and the shrimpy Mike who doesn't have the guts to slate me without leaving a scared message at the end.

EL OH EL

You can learn a lot from me young Padawan, for I am a Jedi with force like powers when playing FPS's. The Force is strong in you, but you have much to learn in the ways of the FPS.

Score 782928

Time Played 13d 22h

Wins 7719 Losses 7435

Kills 18403 Deaths 14781 Ratio 1.25

27 Kill Streak

Level 55 10th Prestige

EL OH EL

You can learn a lot from me young Padawan, for I am a Jedi with force like powers when playing FPS's. The Force is strong in you, but you have much to learn in the ways of the FPS.

Score 782928

Time Played 13d 22h

Wins 7719 Losses 7435

Kills 18403 Deaths 14781 Ratio 1.25

27 Kill Streak

Level 55 10th Prestige

You're quite a player eh? Well I guess there won't just be some flies to swat but also some rats to trap. Mat The Rat

I have CoD4 on the PS3. Got the game of the year edition from some guy my brother knows when selling him his bike. Haven't played it on the PS3 though. Watched my brother play it a bit and it looked a teeny bit rough compared to the 360 version.

Need to get a headset for the PS3 for this online but they're pretty damn expensive from what I've seen for a basic bluetooth headset.

No Warhawk owners? :cry: Its one of the best multiplayer games this gen.

I have CoD4 on the PS3. Got the game of the year edition from some guy my brother knows when selling him his bike. Haven't played it on the PS3 though. Watched my brother play it a bit and it looked a teeny bit rough compared to the 360 version.

You should play it. Infinity Ward and reputable comparisons claim otherwise regarding looks ;) Same for WAW. You always get some people who will just point out the flaws and ignore the strengths of PS3 version multiplatform games.

Need to get a headset for the PS3 for this online but they're pretty damn expensive from what I've seen for a basic bluetooth headset.

You can use any bluetooth or USB headset. Best one is the official Sony one. It has noise cancellation as well as a nice big mute button. HQ mode is exclusive to that but its does take some overhead so a good internet connection is useful as always.

Battlefield Bad Company is another online fps I strongly recommend. Very underrated alongside Warhawk. IMO Bad Company is just brilliant. Single Player is awful though but hardly the point of a Battlefield game.

BF 2142 on PC is probably Killzone 2's biggest influence IMO. I am sure i am not the only one who thinks that.

Yeh, I'm looking at the official ones. Never a huge fan of buying unofficial accessories, although I've done it and they've all been pretty good but not as good as the official ones.

There are alot of good bluetooth headsets out there! Nokia's ones even give you written messages on the headset.

I suppose the PS3 one is very gaming centric, you can even use it with the stand like a mic which is handy for group games.

^ totally agree with Battlefield Bad Company. I still haven't bought it myself but I've played the multiplayer many a time thanks to the demo and it's superb. Really good. Shame I could never get a hang of the controls for the helicopter. Always either ended up blowing it up myself or pressing the exit vehicle button in mid air.

^ totally agree with Battlefield Bad Company. I still haven't bought it myself but I've played the multiplayer many a time thanks to the demo and it's superb. Really good. Shame I could never get a hang of the controls for the helicopter. Always either ended up blowing it up myself or pressing the exit vehicle button in mid air.

The helicopter is annoying as its tricky. But you get the hang of it eventually. The ground combat is where the game is at. 24 players, classes, squads etc. Works quite well. The game is very fun and criminally ignored. Its cheap as well nowadays. Cant believe it was not huge. :(

I hope they make a grander sequel. You now have games like MAG which are going for 256 players. Imagine the war like feel.

I'm going to do the first level or two of single player and then get to grips with multiplayer (unranked if possible). Then I'll spread the game time.

I only bothered completing the Resistance 2 campaign once though.

Where have I the crap tag from?!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: