N-Europe

Virgin Media and torrents

rokhed00

There are other ways of getting your daily fix than torrents, you know. ;)

For music;

• Youtube/Myspace + Windows Sound Recorder

• http://www.stationripper.com

• Google Searches

• SSH Tunnel (if you can be arsed to go to those lengths)

• Newsgroups (if you don't mind paying)

Music companies are fucked, they know it, we know it. They just want to blame everyone but themselves :hmm:

For music;

• Youtube/Myspace + Windows Sound Recorder

• http://www.stationripper.com

• Google Searches

• SSH Tunnel (if you can be arsed to go to those lengths)

• Newsgroups (if you don't mind paying)

Music companies are fucked, they know it, we know it. They just want to blame everyone but themselves :hmm:

\None of these are a good substitute for a good private torrent site however. I'm not really familiar with newsgroups but from my limited knowledge I don't think they'll have quite the selection, especially in regards to quality.

Most stuff that goes up on torrents (at least TV-wise) was downloaded from a newsgroup first. If you ever see a multi-part rar file torrent, it's because of newsgroups.

While this is true it's still not a replacement for torrent sites. They have other advantages, like the community aspect and a great deal of content is generated inside them. Stuff that trickles down from the scene, like the content is newsgroups is pretty crap, if fast. The best quality releases are almost exclusively from torrent sites.

Most stuff that goes up on torrents (at least TV-wise) was downloaded from a newsgroup first. If you ever see a multi-part rar file torrent, it's because of newsgroups.

Yet places like Blackcats continue to release things that don't show up on newsgroups, as well as categorise almost every game.