Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rumour: Jet Set Radio To Return?

Hero-of-Time

Okay Tellyn.

So its Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future?

I never played Jet Set Radio but i heard that Jet Set Radio Future was made very easy and removed things from the last game.

I hope it really a remake of Jet Set Radio with Wii MotionPlus support.

JSRF is still a very good game. All they took out of it was the motions players had to input using the DC stick, to match the on screen prompts and perform a graffiti tag. I think they did this to make the gameplay faster and less stop-start but a lot of people, myself included, missed it.

Anyways, not getting my hopes up as I am really not in the mood to be disappointed.

This is a game I honestly think would benefit much much more from the Wii controls or DS touch screen than HD graphics. The DC and XBox games already look freaking gorgeous and the graffiti sections (shamefully butchered in JSRF) fit perfectly. Screw HD and achievements.

For once mate, I totally agree with you 100% : peace:

Anyone up for real tagging using the WMP?

More on this from Kotaku.

Following yesterday's rumor on the return of Jet Grind Radio, said to be a Wii-bound release, we were tipped off to the work of Cory "Rey" Lewis who posted concept art from a "proposed" Jet Grind Radio title. While the post featuring the artwork — archived after the jump — was dated from March of 2008, Lewis lists the artwork for characters Beat, Gum, Tab and Professor K as dating back to 2006. He also lists the game's developer, making sense of a recent announcement.

According to the post, developer Kuju was the one pitching a new entry in the Jet Set Radio series. Kuju Entertainment actually comprises a number of studios, including Zoe Mode, Kuju America, and doublesix, among others.

Kuju London, which specializes in Wii development, recently changed its name to Headstrong Games, announcing that it had an unannounced Sega title in the works. The studio's previous work includes the Battalion Wars series for Nintendo.

Lewis wrote in March that "Unfortunately, the JGR pitch didn't take" but we haven't heard back from him on requests to clarify whether that meant this particular direction didn't take or that the project was scrapped or handed off to another developer.

Theres is a bunch on art for the game over on the site.

http://kotaku.com/5031795/what-jet-grind-radio-for-wii-might-have-looked-like

No doubt Dante or someone else will post the pics for you :)

Shenmue sold over 1.2 million copies on the DreamCast and barely any games broke a million, that's not a bad number, then there was the mess about the Xbox version. It was impossible for it to ever get a profit because of development costs. For a profit, every DC owner had to by more than one copy of the game.

I wrote an analysis on the subject of the flop of Shenmue at the University. I made a simple calculation that suggested that Shenmue would have to sell between 2,25 and 4,49 milion copies. That's less than one copy per dreamcast owner, it's actually between 21% and 42% of all Dreamcast owners. The best selling games for the N64 were Goldeneye and Mario 64. Mario 64, which was bundled with the console for the last 2-3 years of the consoles lifespan reached out to 36% of all owners, and Goldeneye reached out to 24% of all owners.

So for a non-bundled game, it would have to do extremely well to break even, not mentioning earning money for a third game.

• 3 weeks later...

We can today announce that Sega will reveal for the first time a new Wii title developed by Headstrong Games tomorrow for Games Convention 2008 event at Leipzig. The game will be shown behind closed doors at the show and we will be there to give you some feedbacks. Stay tuned for updates.

www.gamekyo.com

We can today announce that Sega will reveal for the first time a new Wii title developed by Headstrong Games tomorrow for Games Convention 2008 event at Leipzig. The game will be shown behind closed doors at the show and we will be there to give you some feedbacks. Stay tuned for updates.

www.gamekyo.com

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Thanks for the heads up Dante.

So:

A) Kuju pitch JSR to SEGA

B) SEGA brush it off

C) Kuju set up new studio (headstrong) so that...

D) SEGA let new studio develop titles for them, then...

E) Title is unveiled by SEGA very soon (tomorrows).

To me that means we are either seeing a JSR title now or later. Perhaps Headstrong have to "prove" themselves to SEGA. Or maybe Kuju put enough previous Wii "talent" into Headstrong to ensure a remake of a massive brand would be good enough.

Can't wait either way :D