N-Europe

Red Steel 2 (£4.95 @Zavvi)

blender

Likewise, Ubisoft have Avatar and Assassin's Creed 2 among others that should perform well this Christmas.

I suppose it's fine if they're rushing the games that are going to be turd anyway, and letting Red Steel 2 have more time to become more polished.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose it's fine if they're rushing the games that are going to be turd anyway, and letting Red Steel 2 have more time to become more polished.

Not okay if they're pulling the same shit as with Harry Potter and just letting it simmer for six months when in actual fact, it's complete.

I suppose we'll start seeing conspiracy theories that Ubisoft are working online multiplayer into it soon enough.

Last autumn/xmas was very underhwleming for the Wii....this year is looking similarly so... What have Nintendo been working on again?

Well we have Super Mario Bros Wii and Zelda for DS! and family fun can obviously be found with Mario and Sonic At The Olympic Games! Not too shabby really! Could be worse!

Oh and PS3 owners get Uncharted 2 and a new Ratchet and Clank! Again, very good...and for importers Demon Souls.

Xbox 360 owners for Xmas Exclusives..well...in my opinion..are next to none! but Forza will most probably steal the show as well as that Halo thing.

Surprisingly the PSP is way out on top with shed-loads of games coming out by the year end! but i'm guessing no-one cares, sadly...haha :D (i do, mind).

Sad news indeed, but I'm still pumped for Silent Hill, Tales of Symphonia 2, Crystal Chronicles and maaaaaybe Dead Space Extraction. Something tells me the 2010 big-hitters we already knew about (Galaxy 2, Other M, S&P2) won't make it out for Q1 anyway.

I am quite calm.

So many AAA games in 2010:

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Alan Wake

Bayonetta

BioShock 2

Crackdown 2

Dead Rising 2

Final Fantasy XIII

God of War III

Gran Turismo 5

Halo Reach

Heavy Rain

Just Cause 2

The Last Guardian

Lost Planet 2

Mafia 2

MAG

Mass Effect 2

Max Payne 3

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Metroid Other M

No More Heroes 2

Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

Red Steel 2

Rock Band 3

Sin and Punishment 2

Splinter Cell Conviction

Split Second

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Edited by Dante

It's kind of a shame this has been delayed but then again I've got to the stage where game delays just don't bother me that much any more. There's always something pretty damn good coming out. Take this summer for instance, usually a slow point but last week Wipeout Fury came out with Fat Princess out this week. Next month Batman: Arkham Asylum is out and last month Red Faction came out.

It's all good!

How anyone would prefer a 360 over a PS3 dumbfounds me :)

*High Five!*

How anyone would prefer a 360 over a PS3 dumbfounds me :)

How anyone would prefer the PS3 controller over the 360 pad dumbfounds me. :smile:

-------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, if done right, this should be one of those defining games that really shows what can be done with the Wii, though I have to wonder if Ubi will keep this exclusive once the PS3 motion controller comes out...

Nvm... what matters though is that we are getting it first for the console it was intended for but it does make you wonder how many people would be willing to wait if it was announced for the PS3 also as a Red Steel 1 / 2 pack with redone controls for the first and polished up graphics for both, not that there's anything wrong with the visuals for RS2 of course, it's looking excellent for the hardware it's produced for. :)

For me this is good, as it cleans out my Christmas a little more. Still going to have to pick and choose which titles to buy, seeing soon we'll be getting Dead Space: Extraction, New Super Mario Bros, Silent Hill, Resident Evil: DC, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Monster Hunter 3, and A Boy and His Blob. God damn it.

Back on topic, if done right, this should be one of those defining games that really shows what can be done with the Wii, though I have to wonder if Ubi will keep this exclusive once the PS3 motion controller comes out...

Nvm... what matters though is that we are getting it first for the console it was intended for but it does make you wonder how many people would be willing to wait if it was announced for the PS3 also as a Red Steel 1 / 2 pack with redone controls for the first and polished up graphics for both, not that there's anything wrong with the visuals for RS2 of course, it's looking excellent for the hardware it's produced for. :)

I'd absolutely love to have this come out with the PS3 wand dong things. Just up the resolution, maybe update the textures, and I'd be happy. I wonder if developers took that multiplatform approach the Wii might benefit a lot.

I'd be more than happy to get this on the Wii if not though.

If it's a delay to deliver a better product, I'm all for it! Rather wait a little longer than have a rush-job like the original Red Steel.

However, if the quality is still questionable when it's released, there will be hell to pay. :wink:

Still, I'm looking forward to this very much! Looks great and original, and truth be told, I quite enjoyed the original despite its shortcomings. At first I was even gutted RS2 wasn't a continuation of the first. How foolish I was. If there is one thing better than a gunslinger it's a gunslinger with a sword.

Why didn't King think of that? Roland with a Katana. I could have died a happy reader.

How anyone would prefer the PS3 controller over the 360 pad dumbfounds me. :smile:

*High Fives!*

So many AAA games in 2010:

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Alan Wake

Bayonetta

BioShock 2

Crackdown 2

Dead Rising 2

Final Fantasy XIII

God of War III

Gran Turismo 5

Halo Reach

Heavy Rain

Just Cause 2

The Last Guardian

Lost Planet 2

Mafia 2

MAG

Mass Effect 2

Max Payne 3

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Metroid Other M

No More Heroes 2

Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

Red Steel 2

Rock Band 3

Sin and Punishment 2

Splinter Cell Conviction

Split Second

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Bayonetta? AAA? Don't be silly. Rock Band 3 hasn't even appeared as a rumor, let alone a confirmation - and if Lost Planet 2 or Just Cause 2 get AAA reviews I'll be extremely surprised

*High Fives!*

Bayonetta? AAA? Don't be silly. Rock Band 3 hasn't even appeared as a rumor, let alone a confirmation - and if Lost Planet 2 or Just Cause 2 get AAA reviews I'll be extremely surprised

I am not joking with Bayonetta being a AAA game. :)

Last autumn/xmas was very underhwleming for the Wii....this year is looking similarly so... What have Nintendo been working on again?

2 New Mario Games

A New Zelda

A New Pikmin

Part of a new Metroid

----------------

Anyway, I don't really care to much about the delay. I'm really not wanting this that badly right now anyway.

So that's 4 teams - two of which are re-using an old engine (in fact Pikmin 3 is probably using the same cube engine too). I don't know; but I think Nintendo's output has been a little slim; maybe it's just perception, because they have been releasing (relatively) big titles in the first 6 months...