N-Europe

The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers)

ReZourceman

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but reed in gladiator was one shot with no dialogue and no movement. it was also a night shot...

it'd be impossible!

i dunno, i mean, all they would have to do is make him silent, re use the laugh, if he did nothing but laugh that would be kinda cool.

surly this day in age they could computerise heath ledger.

um...that'd be shit!

Lol, I swear I was about to post that. (Though I guess he was only speaking in jest *interesting phrase alert*)

ReZ, I was actually thinking, for some reason, mainly about the previous movies when I was talking about his universe. I think he's much more interesting in Begins/Knight than even in the comics! :yay:

---

I just watched Gotham Knight, the DVD "in-between" of the films. I don't think it serves any purpose being called that, as it isn't really. I liked a lot of the animation, and it introduced you to Maroni (with a strange moustache, not apparent on Eric Roberts in the film) and Ramirez, as well as a brief appearance from Killer Croc and a more "super-villainy"-dressed Scarecrow.

Not essential viewing, but interesting if you're a big fan.

Just saw the film now; first impressions amazing. Though I think the internet hype surrounding the film has given me some what of less than expected feel.

I think whats also annoyed me about the film is that Heath done such an awesome job as the joker, and since now he's passed away we're not going to see him get to play the role in subsequent films. Real shame.

I don't understand that bit, because Gordon was actually shot.

Presumably he was wearing a bullet-proof vest. But surely someone would have noticed that he wasn't actually dead? I mean, it's quite hard to actually pretend to be dead when someone is taking your pulse and rushing you off to hospital.

It wasn't that he planned to fake his own death, it was more like he was shot and survived, but no one could be bothered to check he was still alive.

I don't understand that bit, because Gordon was actually shot.

Presumably he was wearing a bullet-proof vest. But surely someone would have noticed that he wasn't actually dead? I mean, it's quite hard to actually pretend to be dead when someone is taking your pulse and rushing you off to hospital.

It wasn't that he planned to fake his own death, it was more like he was shot and survived, but no one could be bothered to check he was still alive.

Well, we only see that one fellow cop look sad, then his prone body. Then his family are informed. So, Gordon was presumably found to just be unconcious after a while/a medic arrived, and then whisked off, after which he woke up. After that, one assumes he made the plan to remain "dead".

It's not like he had a funeral or anything, or it was announced publically.

Guest Maase

Great movie, still overated tough (Number 1 in IMDB? You gotta be kidding me).

My family criticized Joker for being too invencible, and i actually like him exactly for that.

One thing i didn't like tough, is that Joker talks about hating Plans, and then if we look at the movie, everything Joker does is obviously planned, WTF? Doesn't make sense.

Sonar was lame too, and im glad the car exploded, that was way too weird for Batman, his Batpod (right?) is much cooler.

Also, when i saw an action scene in BB, i was like "LOL" for being so close, and i got fear of having the same thing in TDK, it didn't happen, tough ^^. (keep in mind i never saw BB, i only saw the Movie Spoiler so i could understand the story better, i saw the action scenes in one Music Video).

But Joker steals the show, he is so awesome, and i laughed at him all the time, and then felt bad about it, it was so great to see him, he's kinda creepy at the beginning tough X_X.

But overall, great movie ^^

One thing i didn't like tough, is that Joker talks about hating Plans, and then if we look at the movie, everything Joker does is obviously planned, WTF?

Well you could maybe take what he says with a pinch of salt, as he lies about stuff. However, I think it ties more into that he doesn't think about the consequences of his actions, or more accurately, the repurcussions of his actions, and how they'll affect others. His plans were all to do with him furthuring his attempts to drive Gotham mad, which was a personal desire. I dunno...It's complicated and hard to figure out.

Doesn't make sense.

That's the point, though, with Joker. : peace:

Just saw the film now; first impressions amazing. Though I think the internet hype surrounding the film has given me some what of less than expected feel.

I think whats also annoyed me about the film is that Heath done such an awesome job as the joker, and since now he's passed away we're not going to see him get to play the role in subsequent films. Real shame.

I've just seen the film, and I must agree with you. I was one of the doubters who thought Ledger couldn't pull it off. He not only did that, but he made the film his own. For years to come, people will think of Ledger as the Joker, and rightfully so, he played a blinder.

So, just been to see this. For me, the star of the show was Heath Ledger, by a clear country mile. Not because of the tragedy surrounding him, but the actual part of the Joker himself. He played the Joker in a truely astounding way. I don't think there was a single scene where I didn't laugh, or feel un-nerved. His laugh strangely enough reminded me of the Heaven Smiles from

Killer7 - it remains engrained in your head that you just can't forget it.

As much as I love this film, in my heart, it still isn't the best Batman Movie. I love Returns, and I still think Keaton plays a better Batman (and Bruce Wayne) than Bale. Thats not to say that Bale doesn't do a great job, I think this is the best way that Batman could possibly be brought into the 21st Century. But, in my heart, Returns will always be the favourite.

As much as I love this film, in my heart, it still isn't the best Batman Movie. I love Returns, and I still think Keaton plays a better Batman (and Bruce Wayne) than Bale. Thats not to say that Bale doesn't do a great job, I think this is the best way that Batman could possibly be brought into the 21st Century. But, in my heart, Returns will always be the favourite.

:bowdown:

Michelle Pfeiffer's portrayal of Catwoman in Returns is my favourite movie characterisation of all time.

I just love how it's so different to the comics, and how everything she says is a pun.

I've just seen the film, and I must agree with you. I was one of the doubters who thought Ledger couldn't pull it off. He not only did that, but he made the film his own. For years to come, people will think of Ledger as the Joker, and rightfully so, he played a blinder.

So, just been to see this. For me, the star of the show was Heath Ledger, by a clear country mile. Not because of the tragedy surrounding him, but the actual part of the Joker himself. He played the Joker in a truely astounding way. I don't think there was a single scene where I didn't laugh, or feel un-nerved. His laugh strangely enough reminded me of the Heaven Smiles from

Killer7 - it remains engrained in your head that you just can't forget it.

Returns WAS my favourite before this, simply because they made Catwoman and Penguin work in films, and I love Burton's interpretation of them.

However, The Dark Knight is not only a far superior film in most ways, It also captures the true darkness of Batman. Burton is dark in a light-hearted way, an aesthetic way, I think, which I do love, but the Joker (this version) > Catty and Pengy, for me.

Opinion though, and all that.

EDIT:

Why don't we rank the Batman films? I'd be interested to see everyone elses lists.

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman Returns

3. Batman Begins

4. Batman

5. Batman And Robin

6. Batman Forever

Batman and Robin is only higher than Forever, becuase I haven't seen Forever in ages so can't rate it properly, and I find B+R just hilarious to laugh at.

1 - The Dark Knight

2 - ???

3 - Profit

(Sorry, only saw The Dark Knight xD)

The way you seem to have fallen in love with Joker, you would have done well to see at least Begins...though the first 2 Burton Batman films are great in a different way, too. :smile:

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman Returns

3. Batman Begins

4. Batman And Robin

5. Batman Forever

6. Batman

*Prepares to be shouted at for putting B+R so high up*

More like putting Batman so low down! Why's that..? It's really good! And I watched it a few months ago, and it changed my view of Nicholson's Joker, who I never really liked. Plus I like the two reporters POV angle, which in a way I missed in Returns.