Guitar Hero : World Tour

Cookyman

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Review in - IGN = 8.8

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/923/923891p1.html

Pretty surprised to be honest, I just presumed it was going to get well into the 90's! Sounds like theres a few annoying details (and a few unneccesary swipes at Wii Music)!! They slag off how the band is handled, which is surely the main point of the game, though saying that, I go pretty bored of the band mode in Rock Band, just going for fans, playing the same songs, now when we get together we just quick play through whatever songs we fancy playing so maybe it aint so bad after all!!

Still looking forward to it though! At least I can get Rock Band 2 for PS3 and have the best for both worlds.....just where the hell am I going to put all these kits!??!

First Review in - IGN = 8.8

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/923/923891p1.html

Pretty surprised to be honest, I just presumed it was going to get well into the 90's! Sounds like theres a few annoying details (and a few unneccesary swipes at Wii Music)!! They slag off how the band is handled, which is surely the main point of the game, though saying that, I go pretty bored of the band mode in Rock Band, just going for fans, playing the same songs, now when we get together we just quick play through whatever songs we fancy playing so maybe it aint so bad after all!!

Still looking forward to it though! At least I can get Rock Band 2 for PS3 and have the best for both worlds.....just where the hell am I going to put all these kits!??!

They gave the 360/PS3 versions of GH:WT 7.9. I think 8.8 is a pretty damn good score, and if I was buying a music game, I'd get GH over the very high-scoring Rock Band any day, it just seems more fun and takes itself less seriously, which is a really good thing.

Why the hell do Wii owners get only 3 songs off Metallica's Death Magnetic but 360 and ps3 owners get the full album. Was really looking forward to downloading the whole album =(.

As another note 8.8 is really good. Why did the wii one get 8.8 but the other two 7.9? Already read 6 page review of the 360 version and dont relly want to read the wii one

But that's the thing, it got 8.8 because Rock band Wii is rubbish and Rock Band 2 isn't out til next year. Namely it doesn't have any competition and got the better score. Its the same as the 360/PS3 versions! Which got 7.9

I'm not denying it's not a good score, I suppose I'm just disappointed at the negatives, especially in comparison to Rock Band 2!

It got a better score because it's handled the storage problem very well and offers perpetual online and a great online component.

That's nice to see. Very rare to see the Wii version of a multi-platform title get a better review score. Not long now till it's out as well. Looking forward to it (mostly because RB2 hasn't got an EU release date yet :( But I'd still be looking forward to it even if RB2 did have a release date as I'm getting both).

^ for Rock Band 2? I've seen the advert and seen the date but it's nearing the end of October and there's still no official confirmation. I know the BBFC and ESRB (I think it's them that do the EU ratings. If not it's PEGI) have had the game for ages and have cleared it for released. So I really don't know what is taking them. They could just release the Solus version as there are instruments available from the previous version.

that sounds awesome, though the dates on their site still say the 14th.

I'm getting my at a Gamestation store here, last week they said they still have the band pack down as the 7th and not been told anything... they normally get deliveries on Wednesdays so gonna go in and cross my fingers they'll have everything

Mine too. Would love it if it got released this friday :)

Whilst we're on the Guitar hero topic. Can someone who knows these things tell me if it is true that the HD consoles have MORE DLC? If so why? Is their any logic to it? Have they got the bond theme tune? If so then this really fucks me off!!