N-Europe

Resistance 2

dwarf

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this game a lot, now. I never understood the hype around Killzone, since the first game was actually rather poor. If the demo is out for it then perhaps it has undergone a big change.

Some of us have played Killzone 2. :smile: But its no reason to simply knock R2 that some are doing. At Eurogamer it was still better looking than pretty much anything.

Played Left4Dead at the expo and i thought it was pretty poor next to R2's coop. Graphics were poor and the game lacks variety of enemies/interesting enemies. Felt like a budget game. I can see why some PS3 owners are upset with valve, the game looks and feels last gen.

Glad to hear Left 4 Dead isn't too good, I am gutted it's not coming to PS3 but reassuring to hear how poor it is...I think R2's co-op in the beta is stellar.

EDIT

IGN's review is up. I've strayed away from the review as don't want spoil the single player....so here is summary off metacritic...

IGN

The single player is epic in scope and in story, which is practically worth the price of admission by itself. Then you throw in the extremely engaging co-op and competitive play, which expands on replayability in just about every way possible. Toss in a generous number of unlockables, trophies and community support, and you've got a phenomenal experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot wait,really gonna get into the online. Even considering rushing the story on easy not something i have done before.. but I've heard the enemies still have that annoying tendency to shoot at you before they can even see you, so you come round a corner and are already getting plastered with fire, something that made even normal pretty tough in Fall of Man.

Yeah I struggled with multiple sections in normal, hopefully they have toned it down a little (at least the campaign is slightly shorter. First time through I'm gonna do it on hard so that I don't have to complete it 2 times before trying 'superhuman' or whatever it is.

Cannot wait,really gonna get into the online. Even considering rushing the story on easy not something i have done before.. but I've heard the enemies still have that annoying tendency to shoot at you before they can even see you, so you come round a corner and are already getting plastered with fire, something that made even normal pretty tough in Fall of Man.

Ah I hate when enemies can do that. Hopefully it should still be good though.

I just read the review and it seemed both fair and in-line with what I've heard from elsewhere. A lot of places are making exactly the same complaints, but when it comes to giving out a number they clearly feel compelled to give the game an 8 on account of there being so much content in there, or simply because of the hype behind the game; if this game was No-Name Shooter X would you even be commenting on the score?

I just read the review and it seemed both fair and in-line with what I've heard from elsewhere. A lot of places are making exactly the same complaints, but when it comes to giving out a number they clearly feel compelled to give the game an 8 on account of there being so much content in there, or simply because of the hype behind the game; if this game was No-Name Shooter X would you even be commenting on the score?

To some, like me, this game is "No-Name Shooter X". Just realised I don't own a single shoot-em-up on the PS3 and I don't plan on getting one till Killzone really =/