NEurope

God damn it my mother and sister have been watching TV all day. I haven't had chance to fish yet. :(

You gotta get your own TV at somepoint :heh:

Won the Fishing Contest with a Pike today (but need to catch another for the Museum now) Already got my lovely gold trophy as well in the post. :)

Just listened to KK Slider as well-he did an encore but I only got 1 copy of his first song.

I agree. I was just literally shooed out of the room when I was watching the latest episode of Heroes so that they could watch the X Factor final. :blank:

Today, I failed at the fishing tourney since Muppet's Christmas Carol was on and kind of took priority. :heh: I did come back later however to accept defeat from old Chip, and to grab a K.K. Slider song.

For those who are on the wall about WiiSpeak, i'd definately recommend it- it really completes the whole online experience. Its a great piece of kit, far less intrusive than a headset (and preferable in my opinion- it makes more sense for the sound of on screen characters to come from the screen). Appreciate its not a cheap purchase- especially since its only really used for a fraction of the game, but don't let the whole 'its not a headset' argument put you off.

For those who are on the wall about WiiSpeak, i'd definately recommend it- it really completes the whole online experience. Its a great piece of kit, far less intrusive than a headset (and preferable in my opinion- it makes more sense for the sound of on screen characters to come from the screen). Appreciate its not a cheap purchase- especially since its only really used for a fraction of the game, but don't let the whole 'its not a headset' argument put you off.

I don't have Wii Speak, but I definately agree with this. When I was online with Maase, Dazz159 and Flameboy, Maase was the only one with Wii Speak, it sounded awesome, and it would have made conversations a lot easier if we all had it becuase the rest of us had to type.

I don't have Wii Speak, but I definately agree with this. When I was online with Maase, Dazz159 and Flameboy, Maase was the only one with Wii Speak, it sounded awesome, and it would have made conversations a lot easier if we all had it becuase the rest of us had to type.

yeah i don't mind the typing really...still mainly because I refuse to pay a premium for what is essentially a USB mic.

Anyway had some good fun last night with you guys got plenty of pics I will post later on...

Forgive me if I'm being abit thick but I can't remember how to catch the Dung Beatle. I see them rolling about in the Snowball's but how exactly do I catch them?

Wii Speak does sound awesome after going to David'd town and Maase's, im tempted to buy it now, does anyone know where its cheap to buy?

To be honest im still in the headset camp. Wii Speak is fine if your close to it but when its used as intended I find you get an echo and I have to turn the volume up on the TV just to hear people/understand their accents. I like having my convos private and just coming through the headset than you very much. Im still hoping a 3rd party will release one, hopefully before the arrival of Monster Hunter 3.

I spent 40,000 buying 4 Triforces yesterday and Nook still wont give me his 3rd upgrade being the tight fisted raccoon that he is! Im also not happy im losing snow of my ground when im running around. It better snow soon so my town can get its Christmas feeling/look back!

I spent 40,000 buying 4 Triforces yesterday and Nook still wont give me his 3rd upgrade being the tight fisted raccoon that he is! Im also not happy im losing snow of my ground when im running around. It better snow soon so my town can get its Christmas feeling/look back!

Do you not have to have someone purchase something from your Nook store before it upgrades? Also, time period? I can help you out with that later, Gladys has succumbed to illness, I must save her before it's too late!

Do you not have to have someone purchase something from your Nook store before it upgrades? Also, time period? I can help you out with that later, Gladys has succumbed to illness, I must save her before it's too late!

I checked Faqs and they said you just have to spend around 70k for him to upgrade. I ordered 4 Triforces which are 10k each so I should be close. The only time that time is important is on the 1st Nook upgrade.

A frog named Lily was dying aswell, I had to buy her 2 lots of medicine before she got better and then sent me a present :)

I got my Master Sword now, ordered a normal sword aswell from Nook. I need to get me a Tri-Force soon aswell.

Now I need to get more money since I keep spending it and don't give any back to Nook...

Haven't posted my comments here yet, after buying the game.

Anyway, eventhough I was aware it would be a similar experience (to the DS version I've played), I was still surprised too see it being (or perhaps rather looking) too similar to the last version. But like I posted before, I pretty much neglected my town on the DS, so I can deal with it. Allthough it's a bit tiring seeing all those familar items in the store that I have to buy again ;).

First day in the game (thursday, day before the release), there wasn't much for me to do apart from Nooks part-time job.. I started playing rather late, and everything was closed.. Even most things in the city! Oh well, I introduced myself to the neighbours and checked the game out as far as I could. I didn't do the DS transfer, I wanted to start from scratch. At first I wasn't to happy with my new character (the questions were pretty vague this time, unlike in the DS version), but it's all good now I gave him a different haircut. I too chose the beachhouse.. The other houses are still vacant. Does that mean new players in the same town get their own house, unlike in the DS version? Anyway, like I said, their wasn't that much to do, allthough I did come across Gwendel.

The third day (06-12), I can't believe it. They even managed to sneak in a Dutch Holiday in. Calling it "Naughty ot nice day" this unmistakenly is Animal Crossings version of our Sinterklaas! Got the stocking (it really is a shoe though), but only one, and I'm not selling it to any Americans! :D

Won the fishing tournement yesterday, with a 42,5" Sea bass. I held a Pike in reserve, but it wasn't needed fortunately.. So I could sell it for cash at Nook's. Seeing Chip eat my fish is rather disturbing.. I saw the Northern lights for the first time, nice touch. I've seen it before on those pics in the pics thread. Got my first request from K.K... I messed up my request last week, so I got a random one. But now I have my favourite from the DS version, K.K. Soul.

Made a few snowmen, the first one was good.. My first good snowman! I never succeeded in the DS version, but then again, I never saw much snow. But I made 3 after that one, and they were all mediocre.. So yeah. I also haven't seen the elusive Coalacanth. I have been fishing while it was snowing, but nothing yet. Never got one of those in the DS version either.

Today, a few little surprises. Of course the fishing trophy, well that one wasn't a surprise, but I saw Kapp'n in The Roost, And Brewster appears to be a Gyroid collector! That's coming in handy. And I played hide 'n seek for the first time! Got me a nice reward too!

Oh well, (a rather detailed desription of) a few of my experiences in the game so far. I'm enjoying myself so far, and I'll try to keep it up, playing the game every available day. Maybe I should put my FC up on this board though.. I've got only one friend so far who've bought Animal Crossing, and it doesn't look like that number will increase soon / fast.. Anyway, I'll post a few more pics later.

Few questions though:

- Eventhough I have Wii Speak, I'm still interested in a keyboard. I forgot the comments made about keyboard support in one of those firmware topics.. Can I just plug in any keyboard (like one of those trendy Apple keyboards) and expect it to work?

- Does anyone else have problems with the LAN adapter? The game doesn't recognize an internet connection through it. I do have general problems with internet through the LAN adapter (see the general online problems topic on this board..), but this game doesn't do anything with it, eventhough I can use the browser and the shop right after. Everything works with the Wi-Fi USB connector though.

I played my first game of hide-and-seek today also :heh:

And got one of those Gyroid things.

Also, anyone that collects fossils for their Museum, i have 2 spare that i already have in my Museum :)

And im feeling generous, so whoever needs them just say so. By the way, they are Sabertooth Skull, and Ptera Left Wing or something.

I was bored this afternoon and nobody was online so I made myself a sweet little Sora outfit from Kingdom Hearts, shame I cant get a hair style like his aswell :(

Ill trade you if i don't have it.

*Goes to check*

Nah i have it.

Anyone want these fossils?

Ill trade you if i don't have it.

*Goes to check*

Nah i have it.

Anyone want these fossils?

I'll have the skull, got he wing? When you on tonight?

I can go on now if you want? But ill only stay on for me to trade it over, that ok?

anyone else having 61070 errors?

Yeah I'm having trouble opening my gate, coming up with a <61070> error.

Sorry about that dazzybee, dunno what happened :S

Was it error at Nintendo's end?