NEurope

Your mate must have been screwed over. I bought a Premium 3 weeks ago as a spare while my Elite was getting fixed, it had a headset with it.

It would be nice if I had that much money to waste.

Your mate must have been screwed over. I bought a Premium 3 weeks ago as a spare while my Elite was getting fixed, it had a headset with it.

Well I saw Premium's description on Wiki and it didn't say so and a friend of mine bought a Premium and it didn't have one, maybe it's something recent.

Of course I could be wrong, but that's hardly the point.

my first premium had a headset and so did the arcade I bought later..

Im still not buying this game.. im totally buried in games at the moment and not enough time.. unless I win the lotto and can quit my job

This sentence exemplifies your posting style :P

Yeah and both our posts together exemplify the posting style that I admit I'm wrong but everyone likes to ignore because they sleep safer at night thinking I'm a rabid fanboy who think he's omniscient, so they ignore and interpret things the way they like. The point wasn't the headset coming bundled, which was a tiny part of my post:

Talk about overreaction, jeez. Is it that much of a pain? I honestly don't see the problem. Also infinitely better solution depending on different SKUs? Aw hell no! I mean, the wired headset which has disgusting sound quality is 22€ and the wireless, which I never used, so I don't know how the quality is, costs 55€. Are you sure the headset comes with the premium 360, cause I think that's the elite, which, well, is expensive. The PS3 accepting all headsets, which I didn't know, that is indeed an elegant solution.

And so what if it's wired, the wire's near the Wii it doesn't bother the player, not to mention this way there's no need for batteries. I can understand, although not share the sentiment, that you don't want them hearing everything in the room, but the 360 headset also picks up a lot of background voices and noise, not to mention, when the firmware allows Wii Speak, it's possible it will alow another type of mic/headset. I for one, began liking the idea so much I bought a similar mic for my PC and it's much less cumbersome.

Your sentence also exemplifies your posting style don't worry ;)

Talk about overreaction, jeez. Is it that much of a pain? I honestly don't see the problem. Also infinitely better solution depending on different SKUs? Aw hell no! I mean, the wired headset which has disgusting sound quality is 22€ and the wireless, which I never used, so I don't know how the quality is, costs 55€. Are you sure the headset comes with the premium 360, cause I think that's the elite, which, well, is expensive. The PS3 accepting all headsets, which I didn't know, that is indeed an elegant solution.

And so what if it's wired, the wire's near the Wii it doesn't bother the player, not to mention this way there's no need for batteries. I can understand, although not share the sentiment, that you don't want them hearing everything in the room, but the 360 headset also picks up a lot of background voices and noise, not to mention, when the firmware allows Wii Speak, it's possible it will alow another type of mic/headset. I for one, began liking the idea so much I bought a similar mic for my PC and it's much less cumbersome.

The pont of the matter is I don't want a communal speaker type thing, I don't want other peoples voices blarring out around my TV. I'd prefer to have a headset where I can just mind my own business chatting with people. It's almost like I wouldn't sit with my phone on speaker phone with people in the other house.

There is no proof that other headsets will work....if there is then maybe I will reconsider, but if the chat function proves to be too integral to the experience then I will likely cancel my preorder...and get MK vs DC Universe instead...

The pont of the matter is I don't want a communal speaker type thing, I don't want other peoples voices blarring out around my TV. I'd prefer to have a headset where I can just mind my own business chatting with people.

You could hook some headphones into your TV for private listenage then just speak out into the Wii Speak mic as its intended. :indeed:

The pont of the matter is I don't want a communal speaker type thing, I don't want other peoples voices blarring out around my TV. I'd prefer to have a headset where I can just mind my own business chatting with people. It's almost like I wouldn't sit with my phone on speaker phone with people in the other house.

There is no proof that other headsets will work....if there is then maybe I will reconsider, but if the chat function proves to be too integral to the experience then I will likely cancel my preorder...and get MK vs DC Universe instead...

You can just, you know, use a keyboard or type with the wiimote. But like I said, I can understand some people not liking it.

You could hook some headphones into your TV for private listenage then just speak out into the Wii Speak mic as its intended. :indeed:

I remember IGN talking about spotting some option about wiispeak, but cant' remeber what.

It was a 'headphone' option, but they weren't sure what it meant.....pretty fucking obvious if you ask me!!!

But wouldn't the Headphone only make us HEAR while no other can do it?

How can i make so that ONLY I SPEAK.

I don't want to be having fun and suddenly someone calls me and starts talking with me, or something like that.

But yes, otherwise i love Wiispeak

But wouldn't the Headphone only make us HEAR while no other can do it?

How can i make so that ONLY I SPEAK.

I don't want to be having fun and suddenly someone calls me and starts talking with me, or something like that.

But yes, otherwise i love Wiispeak

There are various options: kill everyone around you, staple their mouths, rip out their vocal cords, live alone, lock everyone out of your house, etc.. All very feasible.

I'm sure there's a button or something to turn voice chat on and off.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=62567

Europe - Wii Speak/Animal Crossing: Let’s Go to the City pricing details

Wii Speak/Animal Crossing bundle - £59.99.

Wii Speak standalone package - £25.

Animal Crossing: Let’s Go to the City standalone game - £39.99

Wii Speak, Animal Crossing: Let’s Go to the City, and the bundle are all due out on December 5th.

£25 for a frickin Microphone!? Fuck that. :mad:

£10 more than a 360 headset, it's much more sensitive, less prone to snap, comes with a free Channel and is generally a better piece of kit. If you're buying Animal Crossing and get the bundle, you're getting it for £5 more than a 360 headset, which is very justified in my opinion.

Of course I would prefer not to pay so much for it, but for what it is I think it's a good price.

The bundle costs more or less them same as a 360 game here in portugal, so not bothered.

I think it's expensive; but it'll be worth it (hopefully); plus the channel sounds amazing! You can view slideshows of your photographs together?!!? Yes please!! ;)

I can't wait to see how the "Mii's moving the mouth while we talk" work, i will play a guitar and see how my Mii reacts to that xD

I can't wait to see how the "Mii's moving the mouth while we talk" work, i will play a guitar and see how my Mii reacts to that xD

I don't think they do. If they weren't supposed to be masks I doubt they would.

Hellfire, Maase is talking about the WiiSpeak channel, in that when you chat your miis mouth moves when you talk

Hellfire, Maase is talking about the WiiSpeak channel, in that when you chat your miis mouth moves when you talk

Aaaaah sorry. Didn't even think about that.

I was confused with your post, i now understood what you meant when Dazzybee explained.

Yes, i am talking about the Wii Speak channel :)

Nintendo's voice chat accessory Wii Speak releases on November 16 alongside the village life sim Animal Crossing: City Folk, but the Wii Speak Channel, the software that allows voice chat without playing any game in particular, won't be available to gamers who buy the accessory used.

MTV Multiplayer received a press copy of the latest Animal Crossing, bundled with the voice chat peripheral, and found that attached was a Wii Download Ticket Number, a 16-digit code to be used to download the Wii Speak Channel.

The code "cannot be replaced by Nintendo or your retailer if it is lost or stolen," meaning that there will be one download code for every new Wii Speak microphone.

A Nintendo representative confirmed to MTV that the Wii Speak Channel won't be available in the Wii Shop Channel for purchase. While in-game voice chat for supported games will still work on a used device, it does mean that one of the accessory's major functions will be restricted to those who buy the hardware new.

While Nintendo has not stated its intentions, the move reflects a subtle jab at the used games trade, which is controversial for leaving game companies' potential profits in the hands of retailers. Publishers and developers have started to fight back by new-copies-only DLC and they may be at work on more radical methods.

www.shacknews.com

How so? If a voucher has unlimited uses, they may as well just offer it for free. It's like buying a used Wii Points card from ebay and expecting it to work.