NEurope
david.dakota

Gamestation Smash Showdown

For those who have participated in Gamestations Brawl Showdown, this is your place to talk about your achievement or otherwise!

Taking part in the Telford showdown, i chose Bowser, and successfully hammered the others with three, yes three Final Smashes. Only to be cocky and end up -1 down (and leaving two Kirbys to a sudden death).

Man...Just came back (early) from the Brawl Tournament...Deathjam, did you go in the end? If you did I was the dude in the sky blue Adidas hoody. I shouldn't of used Pokemon Trainer, people seemed to have honed in on charging their smash attacks waiting for the pokemon thats changing. Charizard is an utter letdown. Most of the winners were Ike players. Some guy got 10 kos with him.

The tourny was full of the most obnoxious and geeky people. You got one guy yelling out "Oh, spoilers! Spoilers!", then you got the ones hogging the game pads - one dude kept swearing when he was playing in the tourny and you can see the announcer was pissed. XD...A cool dude such as myself felt incredibly out of place :/

Overall, I'm impressed with Nintendo hosting this

Just back. Got to the Semi-Finals and was ahead by a few points. But on the Semi-Finals, it's gutting. Was against 2 Ikes and a DK, withing the last minute I got a Final Smash, was about to use it but slid on a banana peel, Final Smash left, Ike got it, got all 3 of us and knocked all of us out and won. Was so close to winning.

And it sucked cause on the previous matches, I won by a few points and wasn't exactly close T_T

Pretty fun though. If it wasn't for that and me screwing up, i'm sure I would of won. Was doing really well up till there.

Just got back from the Leeds tournament, my mate got through to the final only to be defeated by someone playing as Pit who, by playing style, I could probably liken to Goron_3. He won an iPod though! There weren't enough people for draw 2 so I re-entered, and got beat in the first round again by the brother of the guy who would go on to the final (in the first draw I was against my friend, and whilst I had the crowd cheering Kirby and thought it was in the bag, he won).

Was anyone else at the Leeds tourney? Two kids seemed to be pointing at me and looking in my direction a lot, didn't speak to them though.

Was in Lewisham's 2nd Draw, made it to the semi finals with Ike, but my pad was being dicky(well I think their port was, as it happened before but only in port 4) and I had to use another and so yes I'm totally blaming the fact I had to use a pad that wasn't mine but it kinda threw me off in my head like and I came 3rd. I shoulda made a fuss to change to a different controller port instead. Good day though, when it FINALLY got started. I was there from half 12 or so, didn't brawl until like half fucking 3.

Who were you guys playing as? I Ike'd it up, as cheap as it is. All our matches were set on final destination, and no items were allowed! Can't believe some of the others had items, where were you Shadow?

Went to Sheffield tourney..

Lost first round as kirby, got very confused due to 2 kirby's.

Woulda failed badly anyway...

Who else went to the Sheffield one?

The tourny was full of the most obnoxious and geeky people. You got one guy yelling out "Oh, spoilers! Spoilers!", then you got the ones hogging the game pads - one dude kept swearing when he was playing in the tourny and you can see the announcer was pissed. XD...A cool dude such as myself felt incredibly out of place :/

Overall, I'm impressed with Nintendo hosting this

The same at the Sheffield one =/

Some of the people seemed so arrogant.

Was in Lewisham's 2nd Draw, made it to the semi finals with Ike, but my pad was being dicky(well I think their port was, as it happened before but only in port 4) and I had to use another and so yes I'm totally blaming the fact I had to use a pad that wasn't mine but it kinda threw me off in my head like and I came 3rd. I shoulda made a fuss to change to a different controller port instead. Good day though, when it FINALLY got started. I was there from half 12 or so, didn't brawl until like half fucking 3.

Who were you guys playing as? I Ike'd it up, as cheap as it is. All our matches were set on final destination, and no items were allowed! Can't believe some of the others had items, where were you Shadow?

I was at Lewisham's first draw. That announcer was really something lol, full 'o cheese.

I was at Lewisham's first draw. That announcer was really something lol, full 'o cheese.

Indeed he was but I liked him. Weird how all the announcers sound the same. Rummy you were there too? Were you wearing a green t-shirt? Or did you have a fro.

Anyways, I lost in the semi final. First round, it was link (me) vs three metaknight players. Suffice to say, I won with ease. Then I had to play an ike. Made it look simple and in the words of a fellow link player "you done me proud". In the semifinal though, I came up against an Lucas player who was really strong. Clearly knowed how to play the character. Thing is, he didnt even win. He came second. He seemed to always be trying to knock me out rather than picking up on the other link who murdered the final player who was ike. If it was stock I would have one, but points based time match without items is so difficult. Ah well, I know I am good with link now. 1 on 1 i feel unbeatable but if its 4 player without items, I feel a little out of my depth and struggle to kill. It's where players like Ike rule.

Just back. Got to the Semi-Finals and was ahead by a few points. But on the Semi-Finals, it's gutting. Was against 2 Ikes and a DK, withing the last minute I got a Final Smash, was about to use it but slid on a banana peel, Final Smash left, Ike got it, got all 3 of us and knocked all of us out and won. Was so close to winning.

And it sucked cause on the previous matches, I won by a few points and wasn't exactly close T_T

Pretty fun though. If it wasn't for that and me screwing up, i'm sure I would of won. Was doing really well up till there.

THERE WERE NO ITEMS IN OURS! damnit! Multi player is frustrating if there are no items as it can be an almighty chore to knock some people out if you arent a heavy hitter.

If I could have changed character after the multi brawl, I would have chosen someone like Ike for the multi, and link for the 1 - 1. So close yet so far :(

Indeed he was but I liked him. Weird how all the announcers sound the same. Rummy you were there too? Were you wearing a green t-shirt? Or did you have a fro.

Anyways, I lost in the semi final. First round, it was link (me) vs three metaknight players. Suffice to say, I won with ease. Then I had to play an ike. Made it look simple and in the words of a fellow link player "you done me proud". In the semifinal though, I came up against an Lucas player who was really strong. Clearly knowed how to play the character. Thing is, he didnt even win. He came second. He seemed to always be trying to knock me out rather than picking up on the other link who murdered the final player who was ike. If it was stock I would have one, but points based time match without items is so difficult. Ah well, I know I am good with link now. 1 on 1 i feel unbeatable but if its 4 player without items, I feel a little out of my depth and struggle to kill. It's where players like Ike rule.

THERE WERE NO ITEMS IN OURS! damnit! Multi player is frustrating if there are no items as it can be an almighty chore to knock some people out if you arent a heavy hitter.

If I could have changed character after the multi brawl, I would have chosen someone like Ike for the multi, and link for the 1 - 1. So close yet so far :(

What were you wearing? I could actually been playing on the other tv with you. I was the one with the white gc pad.

I would of preffered no items to be honest, would of had a much better chance of winning. Our stage was always FD. If it wasn't for items i'm sure I would o fmade it to the finals, cause the Ikes weren't as good as Zero and I play against him all the time.

Would be great if they done another tourney, whether it's singles or doubles. Me and Zero would win if it was doubles.

Twas Link and......

Came 4th in the first round :P

Only played Brawl for 30 mins this morning before we went :P

I went to the Hull tourney and chose Pokémon Trainer. I got to the final, and lost to a brilliant Pit player (who had also imported) in Sudden Death. I feel that even though I lost, I lost in the best possible way (and I didn't really need the TV anyway, the iPod will do me just fine :heh:). I've exchanged friend codes with the champion too, so I look forward to playing him again.

Oh, and congrats to TysOnToast!

I went to the Hull tourney and chose Pokémon Trainer. I got to the final, and lost to a brilliant Pit player (who had also imported) in Sudden Death. I feel that even though I lost, I lost in the best possible way (and I didn't really need the TV anyway, the iPod will do me just fine :heh:). I've exchanged friend codes with the champion too, so I look forward to playing him again.

Oh, and congrats to TysOnToast!

Don't worry, I lied, I was in your tournament xD I went in late so I just ended up hanging about Hull with my mate for a while.

If you heard the announcer and "where the F is Tyson" that was me.

There was alot of Ike's aswell at Leeds.

And items were allowed.

Don't worry, I lied, I was in your tournament xD I went in late so I just ended up hanging about Hull with my mate for a while.

The gamestation in Hull is massive. 2nd only to the main London store.

There was alot of Ike's aswell at Leeds.

And items were allowed.

Same with the Glasgow one. There was aload in Draw 1(my draw) and even more in Draw 2. Ike was the used more Character, then followed by Link, but there was a big gap and not many Links in draw 2.

I had 2 Ikes in my Semi and there must of been atleast another 5 before hand, never got to see tha matches. In Draw 2, there was loads.

Was kinda peeved they did not get their order of figurines...I didn't even wait to pick up the certificate. :/

Goron texted me saying he won the TV. Lucky fuck ;) I'm kicking myself even more now.

Got me the TV :)

Absolutely BRILLAINT final, they made us do shadow moses island (wtf how the hell was my Ike supposed to kill on that level!?!?!) and i was getting CAINED when i managed to come back and get 3 kills inside a minute; the audience went absolutely mental and i even got some massive 'we love ike but we love anil more' cheers from some guys i met.

I was the only Ike in the draw, most people used Lucas (up smash), Kirby or Link.

Congrats to Tyson :)

Edit: So after tyson claims he didnt win, i think it's safe to say...I am the best N-europe smash player (woop).

Lucky, you had a bunch of n00bs. Atleast half the players was Ike and Link and the occasional Pikachu/Lucas/Fox.

Damn this sucks, i'm actually half decent at Smash bros... but oh well theres no game shops here in Shiteland :(

Got me the TV :)

Absolutely BRILLAINT final, they made us do shadow moses island (wtf how the hell was my Ike supposed to kill on that level!?!?!) and i was getting CAINED when i managed to come back and get 3 kills inside a minute; the audience went absolutely mental and i even got some massive 'we love ike but we love anil more' cheers from some guys i met.

I was the only Ike in the draw, most people used Lucas (up smash), Kirby or Link.

Congrats to Tyson :)

Edit: So after tyson claims he didnt win, i think it's safe to say...I am the best N-europe smash player (woop).

Hey, its me. The guy you beat in the final! You were so lucky in that final match, if the wall wasn't there, or I didn't turn small I would have won the TV. :P

nah, congrats dude, that was my first time touching SSBB for almost 2 weeks. I have no need for the TV (got a better one at home) or the ipod nano (got ipod touch), but glad to play around with some players. I want that trophy though lol!

What were you wearing? I could actually been playing on the other tv with you. I was the one with the white gc pad.

I was wearing a sleeveless hoody and had headphones on most of the time. Oh and black 3/4 quarter length bottoms on.

Wait a min. You were in the first draw right? There was a guy in the second draw who had a white gc pad.

I wasn't even going to be in the tournament at all even though I had the email and everything. I only got in because someone never appeared. I lost in the first round anyway. I died the least but I couldnt stay on the ground for more than 2 seconds so I didn't get a lot of kills. Came second in my match theough :heh: