NEurope
david.dakota

Gamestation Smash Showdown

Hey, its me. The guy you beat in the final! You were so lucky in that final match, if the wall wasn't there, or I didn't turn small I would have won the TV. :P

nah, congrats dude, that was my first time touching SSBB for almost 2 weeks. I have no need for the TV (got a better one at home) or the ipod nano (got ipod touch), but glad to play around with some players. I want that trophy though lol!

mate, you SO deserved to win that match. Honestly, you destroyed me for the first two minutes, the turning point was when I got that final smash :) You're juggling abilities were brilliant too; i've never played against Zelda before so I was COMPLETELY shocked when I saw you use that move that well.

Good match though; we were definately the best people there :)

Oh, and welcome to the forums :) We're a friendly little bunch..pretty awesome too!

Got me the TV :)

Absolutely BRILLAINT final, they made us do shadow moses island (wtf how the hell was my Ike supposed to kill on that level!?!?!) and i was getting CAINED when i managed to come back and get 3 kills inside a minute; the audience went absolutely mental and i even got some massive 'we love ike but we love anil more' cheers from some guys i met.

I was the only Ike in the draw, most people used Lucas (up smash), Kirby or Link.

Congrats to Tyson :)

Edit: So after tyson claims he didnt win, i think it's safe to say...I am the best N-europe smash player (woop).

Ohhh, I don't know about that. I had a good day anyway, but I reckon I could have quite easily won. What was the competition like Sprout?

Oh, congratulations by the way mate xD Mind if we swap friend codes when I get this tommorow? I always did wanna try my hand against you.

Ohhh, I don't know about that. I had a good day anyway, but I reckon I could have quite easily won. What was the competition like Sprout?

Well, there was a mixed batch really. There were some importers (most of which I had to face :heh:), some which had gotten the game the day before, some who hadn't touched Brawl, and a few who hadn't even touched a Smash Bros. game!

Character wise, I'd say Link, Kirby and Meta Knight were the most popular. There wasn't a single Peach, Yoshi or Olimar, and there weren't many Ikes as I thought there would be (about 4 of 5). Stage wise it was only on Final Destination (I hates Final Destination!) with items on, with the final on Shadow Moses Island (I think that's what Nintendo themselves requested). Most of the players who were Link, Kirby or Meta Knight were mainly spammers, but there were one or two that knew their stuff. One even won with the Wiimote on it's side control scheme!

Pity we won't likely see another big Nintendo tournament for Brawl again, eh. :P

Yea shame. Would be great if there was another. Most Ikes just spammed about and keep doing the forward and A smash all the time hoping for the best. Then there was a girl and a guy there, dunno if they were brother and sister, but the girls mum kept cheering loudly for the girl and it was a pain. She got knocked out :heh:

There was a couple of Kirbys and Pits, and a Pit actually beat 3 Ikes in the first round which was surprising.

Yea shame. Would be great if there was another. Most Ikes just spammed about and keep doing the forward and A smash all the time hoping for the best. Then there was a girl and a guy there, dunno if they were brother and sister, but the girls mum kept cheering loudly for the girl and it was a pain. She got knocked out :heh:

There was a couple of Kirbys and Pits, and a Pit actually beat 3 Ikes in the first round which was surprising.

There was also a lot of fat sweaty people there who were screaming like children. I've never felt more out of place when surrounded by them :(

Indeed he was but I liked him. Weird how all the announcers sound the same. Rummy you were there too? Were you wearing a green t-shirt? Or did you have a fro.

Anyways, I lost in the semi final. First round, it was link (me) vs three metaknight players. Suffice to say, I won with ease. Then I had to play an ike. Made it look simple and in the words of a fellow link player "you done me proud". In the semifinal though, I came up against an Lucas player who was really strong. Clearly knowed how to play the character. Thing is, he didnt even win. He came second. He seemed to always be trying to knock me out rather than picking up on the other link who murdered the final player who was ike. If it was stock I would have one, but points based time match without items is so difficult. Ah well, I know I am good with link now. 1 on 1 i feel unbeatable but if its 4 player without items, I feel a little out of my depth and struggle to kill. It's where players like Ike rule.

THERE WERE NO ITEMS IN OURS! damnit! Multi player is frustrating if there are no items as it can be an almighty chore to knock some people out if you arent a heavy hitter.

If I could have changed character after the multi brawl, I would have chosen someone like Ike for the multi, and link for the 1 - 1. So close yet so far :(

I think you were in my brawl! You were pretty good with Link, I remember watching you in the first matches. I was the Ike in the second draw semi final, with two links and a lucas! My pad was dicky and I had to use a different one which kinda threw me :( That Lucas was pretty brutal though, I've not seen many people play so well with him.

For someone who asked, I was wearing a black shirt with silver threading down through it, and my classic Touch Me DS tshirt.

What were you wearing? I could actually been playing on the other tv with you. I was the one with the white gc pad.

Were you late to the Tourny?

EDIT:Nevermind that, I saw you said you were wearing a sky blue hoody, so I'm thinking of someone else with a white gc pad.

Chose Kirby. Got knocked out in the first round at Bracknell. Beaten by a girl, too.

Almost everyone was Ike, the store was full of people with gaming reference hoodies and almost everyone seemed to be talking about advanced strats and shit. First draw. Announcer was hilarious, all items were on but it was only on Final Destination. (Final Smashes dictated winners in some cases).

The Lewisham announcer was really getting on my nerves, didn't seem to have much clue about the game, and looked like he was really putting on a brave face and didn't really want to be there lol. Bust out some well cheesy lines though. My 2nd round match with a Kirby was pretty tense, cos Ike is harder to play with 1on1s, was a really really fun matchup though.

There was also a lot of fat sweaty people there who were screaming like children. I've never felt more out of place when surrounded by them :(

Haha yea. That big fat guy that kept saying how he imported it got knocked out in the first round.

And in my practice match I had people shouting "Go for Link!", then some girl told me to use my hookshot when I was out the screen. Regardless I didn't listen to her :heh:

Tell me about it. They almost made me feel guilty for playing games. :(

Oh no, I was there for 11.15. The 1st draw started around 12ish, I was training on the other screen. Man...Shouldn't have chose the Pokemon Trainer. :shakehead Sheik all the way from now on, nerfings et al.

man... i was red yoshi at lewisham, got raped... i am not used to having no items, and i hate FD! I iwas up against to heavy hitters (2 links) and a kirby... plus i was player f*ing 4 so i got some messed up view of the screen, i was SCREWING!!!

i should have had a practise on the other machine beofre hand, and the funny thing is i was canning my friends the night before with yoshi, but the one time we played FD i lost... I HATE FD!!! T_T

Links isn't that hard hitting though, can only hit out once you're a really high %. Man, your lucky you had no items, would of loved that since I can do much better without them.

You are right though, the view for player number 4 was a pain, was number 4 in the semi final and hated it.

I think you were in my brawl! You were pretty good with Link, I remember watching you in the first matches. I was the Ike in the second draw semi final, with two links and a lucas! My pad was dicky and I had to use a different one which kinda threw me :( That Lucas was pretty brutal though, I've not seen many people play so well with him.

For someone who asked, I was wearing a black shirt with silver threading down through it, and my classic Touch Me DS tshirt.

EDIT:Nevermind that, I saw you said you were wearing a sky blue hoody, so I'm thinking of someone else with a white gc pad.

That was the semi final I was in! I died the least, but also killed the least, hence why I didnt win :( That other link won, then went on to lose to another Ike player :angry: And yeah, the lucas player was brutal, but only because he knew when to block and then release the up + a smash move. in the semi final, I felt he kept going for me. Bastard. I think nerves got to me so I gave him too much respect and avoided him rather than fight him.

man... i was red yoshi at lewisham, got raped... i am not used to having no items, and i hate FD! I iwas up against to heavy hitters (2 links) and a kirby... plus i was player f*ing 4 so i got some messed up view of the screen, i was SCREWING!!!

i should have had a practise on the other machine beofre hand, and the funny thing is i was canning my friends the night before with yoshi, but the one time we played FD i lost... I HATE FD!!! T_T

Haha yeah I remember you. The announcer loved you :indeed: I was the guy with the headphones and the sleeveless hoody who played link. Think I will play as ZELDA (no sheik) next time. Or maybe kind DeDeDe if I can get better with him.

I still don't get why loads of people always play as Link and Kirby. Two of the most overrated characters in Smash.

I go him mainly cause i'm the best with him, like him the most and don't go around spamming and hoping for the best. And people go him just because it's Link, and everyone likes good old Link :heh:

Each to their own. Though you're right a bit, alot of folk was Link yesterday, and sucked as him.

I still don't get why loads of people always play as Link and Kirby. Two of the most overrated characters in Smash.

I used him, mainly because I can attack from any range with him, which was my play style with samus in melee. I didn't sit back, but I liked that if I knocked the opponent away, i still had options and good ones too.

Character of choice these days though is ZS samus and a bit of zelda (not shiek, just zelda). Can't wait till I unlock ganon and wolf to see what they are like.

You don't want to wait to see what Ganons like. You never want to see what he's like.

I won the Liverpool tournament, and yes I play as Kirby. It all depends how you play as them as to how good they are.

Too many Ike's/Links in the matches in my opinion.

Don't get your hopes up about Ganon, they will be smashed :P

Mr Bungle, that's right to an extent, it is mostly down to player skill as to who wins a match, but some characters are simply better than others, regardless of player skill.

Overrated is probably the wrong word, overused is probably more fitting.

Overused i'd certainly agree with, and from the tournament in Glasgow yesterday, i'd say Ike is aswell. People probably just go him because of his power and just spam attacks to try and hit folk out.

Overused i'd certainly agree with, and from the tournament in Glasgow yesterday, i'd say Ike is aswell. People probably just go him because of his power and just spam attacks to try and hit folk out.

Sums up the lewisham tournie where an Ike player won. Although it was an ike vs link final. Thing is, a lot of people said they would play as characters that were unfortunately not available like toon link or marth.

Sums up the lewisham tournie where an Ike player won. Although it was an ike vs link final. Thing is, a lot of people said they would play as characters that were unfortunately not available like toon link or marth.

That Ike player was generally very good though. The guy with the chain. He scored 10 kos on his first fight.

That Ike player was generally very good though. The guy with the chain. He scored 10 kos on his first fight.

The lucas player scored 11 in his first round. Think I scored something like 5-7. Cant remember. Got some taunts off in my matches which was pleasing :D

I think Link and Ike are the most overused characters mainly because Link is Link and Ike is a power house. Very few people at the Glasgow tournament could use them properly (the rest just spam). I would have prefered if they had done one on ones. I'm much better with Ike that way.

I wonder if they would have allowed me to use Zamus, had I known how to pick her from the select screen =/