NEurope
david.dakota

Gamestation Smash Showdown

I wonder if they would have allowed me to use Zamus, had I known how to pick her from the select screen =/

Well they let us in the Glasgow tournament so I don't see why not

Well they let us in the Glasgow tournament so I don't see why not

Ah damnit. Twas a missed oppurtunity then >.<

Just got back from the Leeds tournament, my mate got through to the final only to be defeated by someone playing as Pit who, by playing style, I could probably liken to Goron_3. He won an iPod though! There weren't enough people for draw 2 so I re-entered, and got beat in the first round again by the brother of the guy who would go on to the final (in the first draw I was against my friend, and whilst I had the crowd cheering Kirby and thought it was in the bag, he won).

Was anyone else at the Leeds tourney? Two kids seemed to be pointing at me and looking in my direction a lot, didn't speak to them though.

I was that "someone playing as pit" lol. I remember you had to fight one of my brothers in the first round. It was silly that you couldn't use unlockable characters, I prefer sonic, then marth as my second, pit is crap but i didnt hav a choice. some good players there though

I was that "someone playing as pit" lol. I remember you had to fight one of my brothers in the first round. It was silly that you couldn't use unlockable characters, I prefer sonic, then marth as my second, pit is crap but i didnt hav a choice. some good players there though

I didn't have a prayer against your brother! I came second in that match with around +1, but he got a +8!! Congratulations on winning anyway, he's still beating himself up over not getting the TV, though. :heh:

Pit Vs Ike , was Unfair speed advantage were as i had a unfair damage dealing attack , But i can tell you if it was going to be Pit vs Marth , That samsung lcd tv would of been mine , but at least i got the nano which im currently waiting for the phone call to confirm i live at the given adress

But have to admit You or your brother has amazing timing with blocks which is impressive :) but you cannot block for ever :P

Pit Vs Ike , was Unfair speed advantage were as i had a unfair damage dealing attack , But i can tell you if it was going to be Pit vs Marth , That samsung lcd tv would of been mine , but at least i got the nano which im currently waiting for the phone call to confirm i live at the given adress

But have to admit You or your brother has amazing timing with blocks which is impressive :) but you cannot block for ever :P

like i mentioned b4, I cant stand choosing pit, my forward smash didnt even kill u on 160%. I prefer sonic or marth, u relied too much on Ike's forward smash, thats y u felt ther was an unfair speed advantage, my bro can knock me silly wen he choose's Ike, it's all about how u play him. anyway, i'll give u my brawl code and we can go a few more rounds if u like, u seem pretty confident :heh:

Indeed, PM it to me and we'll organise another match (he doesn't have a Wii so it'll be on mine). Make sure you get your brother (Samus) into it aswell, I want to see whether it's actually possible for me to beat him. :heh:

That was the semi final I was in! I died the least, but also killed the least, hence why I didnt win :( That other link won, then went on to lose to another Ike player :angry: And yeah, the lucas player was brutal, but only because he knew when to block and then release the up + a smash move. in the semi final, I felt he kept going for me. Bastard. I think nerves got to me so I gave him too much respect and avoided him rather than fight him.

I was the Other Link at the Lewisham tourney that came second! Was a great semi final, and yeah the Lucas was quite good, tried to avoid him for most of the match :D

I played absolutely terribly in the final though, nerves and stress just got to me I think, and the decision to play on Shadow Moses :S should have kept it Final destination, would have much preferred that.

man... i was red yoshi at lewisham, got raped... i am not used to having no items, and i hate FD!

I remember you lol, we both asked the dude organising the Tourney to change our characters colours, had to play as Dark Link lol!

Was a great Tournament, wish they'd do more in the future, and let me play as Wolf! Also anyone know where those pictures the organisers took are gonna be put up? :D

Was a great Tournament, wish they'd do more in the future, and let me play as Wolf! Also anyone know where those pictures the organisers took are gonna be put up? :D

I think it'll be ONM, actually. :)

Tellyn where you in the Leeds event? i was was pretty pleased with my efforts. I had never played the game before; heck don't even have a Wii..lol I practiced with the Cube version for a few hours and was ready.. I came a close second only defeated by a 10yr old.. dang

Tellyn where you in the Leeds event? i was was pretty pleased with my efforts. I had never played the game before; heck don't even have a Wii..lol I practiced with the Cube version for a few hours and was ready.. I came a close second only defeated by a 10yr old.. dang

I was indeed, I was in both draws so I think you'll have seen me. I was possibly the only Kirby player there, with a Wavebird. Unlucky about being beaten by the 10 year-old. First time round I lost to Jimjebus (as Ike, he got to the finals), second time it was sunnyssj's brother as Samus. :heh:

I was indeed, I was in both draws so I think you'll have seen me. I was possibly the only Kirby player there, with a Wavebird. Unlucky about being beaten by the 10 year-old. First time round I lost to Jimjebus (as Ike, he got to the finals), second time it was sunnyssj's brother as Samus. :heh:

I think i saw you; the commentator was going on about the lack of Mario's (Mario is useless) and the use of Ike's..lol

I think i saw you; the commentator was going on about the lack of Mario's (Mario is useless) and the use of Ike's..lol

Indeed, the amount of Ikes in draw 1 was ridiculous. Who were you using/which draw/what did you look like? :heh:

Indeed, the amount of Ikes in draw 1 was ridiculous. Who were you using/which draw/what did you look like? :heh:

I was in draw 2.. i was using link (i used him in melee) and i was the only black guy in the round; i think i was the second to the last

I was the Other Link at the Lewisham tourney that came second! Was a great semi final, and yeah the Lucas was quite good, tried to avoid him for most of the match :D

I played absolutely terribly in the final though, nerves and stress just got to me I think, and the decision to play on Shadow Moses :S should have kept it Final destination, would have much preferred that.

I remember you lol, we both asked the dude organising the Tourney to change our characters colours, had to play as Dark Link lol!

I hate you! You stole my chance to win the TV! :shakehead

I was in draw 2.. i was using link (i used him in melee) and i was the only black guy in the round; i think i was the second to the last

lol sagat i was cheerin you on, I the was asian guy shouting "Go on Link!", u were pretty focused on the game so u prob didnt notice me, nice 2 see ppl using link for a change. A lot of ppl are sayin Link is a lot weaker in this game tho :blank:

lol sagat i was cheerin you on, I the was asian guy shouting "Go on Link!", u were pretty focused on the game so u prob didnt notice me, nice 2 see ppl using link for a change. A lot of ppl are sayin Link is a lot weaker in this game tho :blank:

I saw you and ur mates:) u guys are good; u won your rounds. Yeah i heard someone cheering on link but i was trying to destroy Ike..lol Link is a good character; he was one of the best on Melle

Rang Gamestation Asking about details , and what has happened to this phonecall i was supposed to get monday and they said ring nintendo , so i did , there customer service sucks but they eventually answered and they go there manager who said.....Ring gamestation

So im clueless on what to do

Rang Gamestation Asking about details , and what has happened to this phonecall i was supposed to get monday and they said ring nintendo , so i did , there customer service sucks but they eventually answered and they go there manager who said.....Ring gamestation

So im clueless on what to do

Actually the event is finished; it was for only last saturday. They sent everyone two emails; the first when you registered your interest on the website. You were then promised an email or phonecall (i would have imagined they sent everyone emails) . I received an email as opposed to a phonecall. Did you check your junk inbox? maybe you deleted it by mistake? The last email was just to make sure you were attending.

Actually the event is finished; it was for only last saturday. They sent everyone two emails; the first when you registered your interest on the website. You were then promised an email or phonecall (i would have imagined they sent everyone emails) . I received an email as opposed to a phonecall. Did you check your junk inbox? maybe you deleted it by mistake? The last email was just to make sure you were attending.

He achieved 2nd place in the Leeds tournament, they haven't contacted him about his iPod yet. :heh: Sunnyssj2, have you had a phone call about your mega prize pack yet?

Thanks for the explanation :) They should not be taking this long to deliver his Nano

Actually, link is most likely stronger in this game, or at least a better balanced character. I certainly find that he is much more deadly than his melee incarnation, and probably closer to his, possibly overpowered 64 version.

He achieved 2nd place in the Leeds tournament, they haven't contacted him about his iPod yet. :heh: Sunnyssj2, have you had a phone call about your mega prize pack yet?

I talked to the Nintendo guys after the Lewisham competition who said the ipods were on order and I should recieve mine within 17 days, I assume that will probably be the same for the guys in Leeds :)