NEurope
Bowser57

Xmas Number 1 Selling Video Game

As I'm sure some of you will remember, as we approached Xmas last year I brought up this subject.

As interesting a topic as it is anyhow, it's made even more interesting when you put some money on it.

Last year I bet 15 quid that Need For Speed Underground 2 would be the highest selling game in the week before Xmas, it won me 130 pounds or something like that.

So I've been looking into betting this year. The odds aren't up yet, but having emailed Ladbrokes.com (who I bet with last year) they've informed me the odds are going up tomorrow.

Now, keep in mind something multiformat has by far the best chance of shifting the most copies, any ideas on what it'll be people?

I'm not certain, but is there a new Need For Speed game out? (Most Wanted or something). If so that's got to be an obvious pick.

From my experience last year it makes sense to place your bet as early as possible as you're most likely to get the best odds early on if it turns out you've made a wise choice.

If you are going to place a bet, set yourself a limit you know you can afford to lose. There's no such thing as a sure thing.

Liberty City Stories or Nintendogs , pro evo 5 mebe

reckon 50 cents game has a gud chance aswell,

Most Wanted is out next Friday - 25th. I think Nintendogs has a fair chance (if sales inclue the Nintendogs DS bundle) because a lot of people are going for that due to a lack of PSP. Which, by the way, I think DS is gonna sell better than PSP and Xbox 360 this xmas purely due to stock levels.

Liberty City Stories or Nintendogs , pro evo 5 mebe

reckon 50 cents game has a gud chance aswell,

Liberty City Stories is PSP only isn't it? And Nintendogs only being on DS and having been out a while has no chance.

Heed my words, multi-format or nothing.

I can't see Most Wanted being as popular as NFSU2 to be honest, looking forward to tommorow to see the odds!

I reckon it could be something ridiculous like................

....... 50 Cent Bulletproof ...no serious..british public will love it, what with all the chavs we have.

Nintendogs are climbing up charts again mind you, with Lab and Friends back up to 4th at Gameplay.co.uk and 11th at Amazon, although I doubt they will be no.1 game, but still do well. Doubt it'll be a 360 game, Mario Kart DS maybe? unlikely but it could be in the top 5.

My money's on 50Cent or Most Wanted.

I'd agree with Bowser and go for NFS Most Wanted - it's coming out on every goddamn system.

It'll be an EA game, which is clearly shit and has been advertised to the max.

only stupid twats will buy that 50cent game, god i hate that guy and i hate pricks who buy his stuff

Well I think Nintendogs will be biggest selling game this year at least, its huuuuge!

Well, my money's on Cocoto Fishing Master, though that NFS Most Wanted does seem like a good choice.

Ooh, and GUN. Almost forgot that.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted is pretty high up there. And guess what, it's actually good :)

Need For Speed: Most Wanted is pretty high up there.

Yep, having looked into it some more I'm next to certain that I'll be putting my money on it.

It's on eight different formats from what I can gather.

The only thing that makes me a little unsure is that there appears to be something called the "Black Edition", which seems to feature more cars and a DVD or something. It looks like it's only on PS2, but it concerns me that that's where I'd imagine any title to shift most units, plus I wonder if the 'Black Edition" sales will count towards the final sales of Need For Speed Most Wanted under some sort of umbrella heading that'll include both versions.

Are there forums there or something, or an email address? It'd probably save you a lot of potential trouble if you just asked them that.

Liberty City Stories is PSP only isn't it? And Nintendogs only being on DS and having been out a while has no chance.

Heed my words, multi-format or nothing.

This man knows what he's talking about.

I think I'll put a fiver on Need for Speed, since it's out on NGC, GBA, DS, PS2, PS2 Special edition, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PC.

I would agree with the majority and say need for speed, i would have though nintendogs has sold as much as it is going to, maybe a 360 game could be up there.

Are there forums there or something, or an email address? It'd probably save you a lot of potential trouble if you just asked them that.

My plan is to wait until they release the odds, that way I'm hoping it'll become apparent how they're going to judge it. If they're going to judge it seperately then they'll possibly be the two different options to choose from.

Having said that I think their winner is the one that comes out the top of the ELSPA chart, so it'd depend on what they decide.

I'll maybe e-mail ELSPA actually.

The main problem I see arising is that the two different versions be counted seperately and the Black Edition will eat into the sales of the other one. Having said that of the two I'll put my money on the standard edition.

(If anyone is reading all this you have too much time on your hands).

I think I'll have a stab at it this year, could do with a bit of extra spending money for new year.

King Kong might be quite a good one to go for, being a big movie game and all.

I'd put my money on Need For Speed but I also think True Crime New York has a chance(assuming it get released before christmas)

Bluudy amazing idea Bowser. I always like to have a stab at this. I don't think I'l be in such good form this year having slightly slipped out of the games areas.

A good idea is to go around all the major e-sales companys like Amazon, Play, Ebuyer, Game-UK...etc. And look at their live charts. These are the game charts based soley on whats being purchased online. Its totally untouched and undoctered and very up to date.

If Christmas was say a week away I'd be inclined to say it would be Star Wars Battlefront II. Its of course a Multi-Format. And although the PS2 version is up ahead, the Xbox version is not far behind on sales.

Also to gamble you do indeed need to be 18, but of course you can lie about your age. I've been doing that for a few years now and its all be sweet-teen-arse.

Well Bowser57, you've posted the Christmas Videogame No.1 for the last 2 years, and from what I remember you've been right about your choice for both years and I really can't see you being wrong this year at all.

It'll most likely be NFS:Most Wanted, and I've told my dad to go into my local Ladbrookes and lay a tenner down on it for me. Almost certain it'll walk away with it.

Call of Duty2: Big Red One is also a safe bet, and I may lay a fiver down on that just incase.

I really can't see it being anything else really.