NEurope
Daft

Pro Evo 2009

screenshot_199802.jpg

screenshot_199801.jpg

screenshot_199798.jpg

screenshot_199797.jpg

screenshot_199796.jpg

Its that time of the year where Pro Evo 5 turns up in slightly prettier clothing.

Bets on what, if any, Premiership teams will be official?

It would be nice at least if there wasn't slowdown...in the replays.

Sort it out Konami.

No, it isn't skipping a year as some (including us) were beginning to suspect. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 will be out this autumn, Konami has just confirmed.

The announcement is tight on specific details, but teases a "stunning graphical update", as well as new moves and "innovative new control elements".

The game's headed to PS3, 360, PC, PSP and PS2. No mention of a Wii version, though.

Update: CVG contacted a Konami rep who did not deny the possibility that a Wii version was in development. The previous game only hit Wii earlier this year, so it could be another delayed release this time round, too. Update ends.

Here's the official blurb:

PES 2009 is the latest installment of the award-winning Pro Evolution Soccer Series, which is known by millions of fans for its superior gameplay and incredible realism. For PES 2009, Konami is already planning a raft of extensive new additions that will further bridge the gap between PES and the real thing.

The new game has undergone a stunning graphical update to ensure its players look and move even more like their real-life counterparts.

Similarly, all-new options allow users to tailor the game to their own tastes, while new moves, innovative new control elements and key online elements will further the realism of the new game.

Best have some bloody improvements on it. I'm a PES fan but didn't get 2008 as it was bugger all done to it, shame, they've let FIFA get past them.

I was thinking if getting 2008, but now this is coming out, I may look into it, if it has suitable improvements to warrant not just buying 2008 on the cheap, and enough licenses to satisfy my pedantry.

They won't have the full prem lience, they can't get it. EA have exclusive rights over it for a while yet however they as normal will get to pick from two teams.

pes2009-1.jpg

pes2009-2.jpg

pes2009-3.jpg

pes2009-4.jpg

pes2009-5.jpg

pes2009-6.jpg

pes2009-7.jpg

pes2009-9.jpg

pes2009-10.jpg

Looks very muhc like 08, which hopefully means they are spending more time working on the engine and the gameplay. I'll sit on the fence until there are some gameplay videos.

I hope this will be better than 2008. 2008 was disappointing, and I'm hoping Konami learn from the mistakes and make 2009 a great game.

I havn't owned a FIFA game for years and have Pro Evo on the Wii, so I think I will be giving EA my money for my HD football fun and leave Konami to actually realise they need to pull their finger out.

I will wait for the reviews....FIFA managed to better PES so I'm sitting on the fence too.

I've been a PES player all my life but tbh I'm more interested in FIFA then PES.

I hope they finally sort the online lag out. They've had to fucking games to do it, and the haven't. Arguably PES6 wasn't too bad online, but 2008 was awful you couldn't play it at times.

Sort it out Konami.

2dhv902.jpg

Graphics are basically the same as last year (so not great). Where are the Argentinean midfield players going? Still acting dumb I see.

2dhv902.jpg

Graphics are basically the same as last year (so not great). Where are the Argentinean midfield players going? Still acting dumb I see.

yep have to agree...

I've played several games in the Pro Evo series, and whilst I think the series is ok, I've never really caught on to what the big fuss was about. As far as having fun whilst playing a game of footie, I'd have to say that Fifa has always served me well. It went through a rough patch about 5 years ago, but it's bang on form now.

I expect a Wii version will arise, and I've yet to play the Wii version of Pro Evo. So, I'm going to have to give that a test, as I've heard good things about it. But, the series has a lot to prove right now, imo. I'm thinking Fifa might just nip it again, as EA are on good form.

Seabass basically said this will be crap and the proper Next Gen PES will be the one after.

Yeh graphics don't look that great....PES has gone down IMO whereas FIFA finally seem to have the better of PES. Not sure which game to get...

FIFA= good graphics, good presentation, good online mode, and its got all the licenses for premier league teams!

PES= not progressing enough, if anything has been regressive with their latest installments. Graphics not good enough, online is rubbish, no licenses, gameplay hasn't been improved. Resting on their laurels.

Yeh graphics don't look that great....PES has gone down IMO whereas FIFA finally seem to have the better of PES. Not sure which game to get...

FIFA= good graphics, good presentation, good online mode, and its got all the licenses for premier league teams!

PES= not progressing enough, if anything has been regressive with their latest installments. Graphics not good enough, online is rubbish, no licenses, gameplay hasn't been improved. Resting on their laurels.

The gameplay for FIFA is usually pretty sound. I've never really had a problem with it. I've got the Wii version of Fifa08, and I've always had fun playing it.

Granted, I do think the Pro Evo games are harder. I think they're more challenging, so perhaps more rewarding?

The gameplay for FIFA is usually pretty sound. I've never really had a problem with it. I've got the Wii version of Fifa08, and I've always had fun playing it.

Granted, I do think the Pro Evo games are harder. I think they're more challenging, so perhaps more rewarding?

I think that what hardcore pro evo players would tell you. But I still think high end FIFA players are hardcore.

I really, really hope this is good, but I can't see it happening.

I'm only a recent convert to FIFA (last year) but this is going to have to be a 1 million percent improvement on PES 2008 to be better than FIFA 08, 09 (I would assume) or Euro 2008.

FIFA usually comes out a month earlier too, which is another reason to buy it.

I hope they sort out the pace, too many times has Ronaldo been caught up by Maldini in my game. The thing that was good about old PES was the ability to beat a man.

After seeing the FIFA 09 vids that were leaked few days back and reading the previews I gotta say this PES 2009 trailer has done nothing for me..

After seeing the FIFA 09 vids that were leaked few days back and reading the previews I gotta say this PES 2009 trailer has done nothing for me..

Agreed. The videos of FIFA 09 in your thread look amazing. They have the Emirates Stadium as well! YAY!:smile:

UEFA Champions League four year deal for PES

Best club football competition in the world to feature in PES 2009 as Konami secures exclusive UEFA Champions League licence

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd has announced that its PES 2009 title will feature the UEFA Champions League following the conclusion of an exclusive 4 year licence with UEFA. The newest addition to the Pro Evolution Soccer series will be released for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360 and, PC-DVD on 17th October, followed by a version for Wii in 2009.

The UEFA Champions League deal will allow Konami to use all elements and attributes of the competition to create an exclusive UEFA Champions League mode within the PES game. The licence confirms Konami’s commitment to extending the series’ reputation as the definitive and most realistic football series available.

“The Pro Evolution Soccer series is synonymous with football being played at the highest level, which makes it perfect for hosting the best club football competition in the world”, commented UEFA. “We are delighted that PES 2009 will feature the UEFA Champions League and look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with Konami.”

“This deal showcases our commitment to taking PES 2009 forward in terms of licences and realism,” commented Kunio Neo, President for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “The UEFA Champions League is the jewel in the club competition crown, and is just one of many innovations we have lined up for the new game.”

PES 2009 will be released for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360, PC-DVD and mobile phones on 17th October, followed by versions for PlayStation®2 on 30th October, and for PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) on 6th November and for Wii in 2009. For more information, please contact Steve Merrett at Voltage PR on 020 7903 5122 or email [email protected].

All copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used under license.

© 2008 Konami Digital Entertainment

1zc1mky.jpg

Messi on the front cover? No thanks.

Fifa it is.

I hope there were other elements behind that judgement and not just the cover player. :)

I'll probably get PES over Fifa, anyone know what the licenced teams are this year?