NEurope
Slaggis

Get Ready To Bleep This

That's Joan Rivers swearing on Loose Women earlier this week. It apparently caused masses of complaints by the public, and she was "asked" to leave during the commercial break.

She made a statement on it saying "I have won an Emmy, been nominated for a Tony award, done every show and become an icon and when people ask me what is left in my career I have always said I don't know, but I have never been forcibly thrown out of a TV studio. It is another milestone," she said."

What's your opinion on it, do you think it got taken way out of proportion, or were people right to complain and have ITV throw her out during the break?

I was actually watching that when it happened, it was pretty funny. :heh:

Haha!

It's a bit drastic to throw her out the studio. I mean she clearly forgot/didn't know it couldn't be bleeped out.

I've seen people swear on Live daytime TV before it's not a big deal. :)

I think people really need to shut up to be honest, swearing is so common that it's like part of the language.

Idiots.

Yes it was taken way out of proportion. But what can you expect from the viewers of a shit show like this.

I was actually watching that when it happened, it was pretty funny. :heh:

You were watching loose women? Sorry man but you lose quite a few respect points for that.

never underestimate the daytime tv viewers capacity for indignation, especially when they're middle England housewives.

guah.

It was an accident and she didn't realise it wouldn't get bleeped, she knew not to do it again yet got thrown out. Taken out of proportion I think, when people hear a swear word, why bother getting worked up, it's only a word and I hardly think kids under the gae of 5 will be watching the show with mummy.

Yes it was taken way out of proportion. But what can you expect from the viewers of a shit show like this.

You were watching loose women? Sorry man but you lose quite a few respect points for that.

Yes i agree :P

I've found that with school finished, I have little else to do during the day. :heh: To be fair my mum was home for lunch at the time, which is why it was on.

I've found that with school finished, I have little else to do during the day. :heh: To be fair my mum was home for lunch at the time, which is why it was on.

o rly?

I think you wanted to watch it :P

Exactly, it makes no sense the way they reacted. It's not like she commited genoside for chirst sake, she said a couple of expletives. Big frigging deal.

She's a fantastic comedian, she obviously didn't realise it couldn't be bleeped so get over it. People swear all the time, it's just common language nowadays. Admittedly some people do it too often (*looks at himself for apparently swearing every few sentences*) but who cares?

People need to grow up.

She's a fantastic comedian, she obviously didn't realise it couldn't be bleeped so get over it. People swear all the time, it's just common language nowadays.

I agree!

So, she said a swear word or two, big deal. It shouldn't have had a massive reaction. She's a really funny woman and people need to realise that loads of people and comedians swear, so stop complaining and watch the show. If it offends you so much, then never watch TV again. Not even CBeebies, ROFL!: peace:

Anyone remember that Channel 4 breakfast programme called RISE? I remember when they invited that Punk Rocker (whose name escapes me) who sung "God save the queen" (sex Pistols?). Anyway, he swore like crazy, so I suppose that is why the programme has gone to oblivion.

Meh, kids hear dear old mommy swear and a lot more everyday.

Anyone remember that Channel 4 breakfast programme called RISE? I remember when they invited that Punk Rocker (whose name escapes me) who sung "God save the queen" (sex Pistols?). Anyway, he swore like crazy, so I suppose that is why the programme has gone to oblivion.

Meh, kids hear dear old mommy swear and a lot more everyday.

Johnny Rotten.

Reminds me of this;

Told not to swear, took offense since they don't swear in any of their songs, so decided to replace an entire verse with "fuck".

I like Matt Bellamy's logic.

Bit ridiculous....Loose Women are all like "Men are shit in bed! Fuck penises! Vaginas FTW!", or at least it was when I saw it last.

Swearing and Sex used to be on a similar censorship level. I'm glad that at least one is looser now (no pun intended).

That's the only bit of Loose Women I'll ever watch. :wink:

Yeah, they did go ott with their reaction. Shite show anyway, as we all know...

The women on Loose Women are a bunch of sad *****.

Reminds me, we had dinner at a noodle bar (Noodle Nation) on Wednesday. There was a couple of women sat near us and all they talked about was men/stupid things that made me want to shove meat dumplings down their throats. Hilight ; "Oh my god, she bought me make up for my birthday and I was so offended" Honestly it was absolutely hurrendous the shit they were saying, the way they were saying it and the blatant sense of self importance they both had. Ugh.

If that c*nt Jeremy Kyle is allowed on TV I don't see why this should be a problem.

Play videogames?

umm, lol?

I wonder why foul language is such a big deal. Most of the time, it's meaningless words. I bet that if she said something truly insulting, without any swear words, this wouldn't have happened.

It's like the word "Nigger". Few people know what it truly represents, but all the fuss around it made it "the ultimate insult".