Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

Ooo, Manchester derby today.

Pretty excited. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a 2-0 victory. I hope our defence can stand firm and our attackers to be clinical. Most of all, I'm worried about our midfield. If this doesn't function today, we're not going to win.

Also, sad for Roy Keane yesterday, and it's not looking too good for Sunderland at the moment. I know nobody's job is safe in football these days, but I will be outraged if he is given the boot.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree I think keano would walk before being sacked.

As for the Manchester derby, pretty excited. Got an uncle who is city and has already been on the phone giving the banter before he trots off to the match.

I don't see us keeping a clean sheet against the blues but I think we can win it. I'm gonna go with a 2-1 win.

Good day of football today, as afterwards its Chelski and Arsenal :)

Well that second half almost gave me a heart attack!

Happy with the win of course and believe it was deserved. Was screaming at the tv for giggs or Rooney to shoot when hart was running back! So close.

But WTF was Ronaldo doing. Absolutely bizarre. Be interesting to hear what he was thinking/what he heard to make him catch that ball. But to be honest the first yellow card was not a yellow that was a joke. BUt damn still cant understand what he was doing.

FA Cup 3rd Round draw:

Portsmouth v Bristol City

Sheffield Wednesday v Fulham

Preston v Liverpool

Birmingham City v Wolves

West Ham United v Barnsley

Middlesbrough v Barrow

Hull City v Newcastle United

Hartlepool United v Stoke City

Chelsea v Southend

Manchester City v Nottingham Forest

Cardiff City v Reading

Ipswich v Chesterfield or Droylsden

Charlton Athletic v Norwich

West Brom v Peterborough or Tranmere

Torquay v Blackpool

Leyton Orient v Sheffield United

Southampton v Manchester United

Millwall v Carlisle or Crewe

Histon v Swansea City

Forest Green v Derby

QPR v Burnley

Leicester v Crystal Palace

Tottenham v Wigan

Morecambe or Cheltenham v Doncaster Rovers

Arsenal v Plymouth Argyle

Notts County or Kettering Town v Eastwood Town

Bournemouth or Blyth Spartans v Blackburn Rovers

Macclesfield Town v Everton

Watford v Scunthorpe United

Sunderland v Bolton

Coventry City v Kidderminster

Gillingham or Stockport County v Aston Villa

I'm surprised. We didn't get Man Utd again. :o

Still, I wish Man Utd the best of luck in their 4th round match against Gillingham or Stockport. :wink:

Well that second half almost gave me a heart attack!

Happy with the win of course and believe it was deserved. Was screaming at the tv for giggs or Rooney to shoot when hart was running back! So close.

But WTF was Ronaldo doing. Absolutely bizarre. Be interesting to hear what he was thinking/what he heard to make him catch that ball. But to be honest the first yellow card was not a yellow that was a joke. BUt damn still cant understand what he was doing.

Fantastic win :D

Well I think he 'heard' a whistle going, thats why he caught the ball. That why he was point at SWP who I think was fouled in the box.

EVERYONE play fantastic today, Carrick was a beast in midfield! Hats off to SWP today aswell, he done well!

It was a good game, I thought. I didn't see us losing it, as we looked pretty comfortable for the majority of the time, and apart from a moment or two in the second half, we had the better chances.

I thought Rooney was on absolutely fire today. He was everywhere, and he got his goal. Rafael looked pretty top notch, too. Really pleased with the way we played.

As for Ronaldo, well he mentioned that he thought he heard the whistle go, and that's why he was bringing his hands up and slowing himself to a halt. He may be right, but I think the referee had no choice but to give him that second yellow. From what I saw, it was a very strange situation, but I don't think he was trying to gain any advantage at all from doing what he did. Still, what's done is done.

It was as if City didn't show up for the match today. They played like they were the away team with United being able to control and dictate everything. At the beginning when I saw United's midfield consisted of such wallies as Fletcher and Park, I thought City would overrun them ok. But like I said, City didn't impose themselves which meant Robinho was isolated and anonymous up front. They showed United too much respect and didn't get stuck in.

Is there a situation at Sunderland? From what I've heard and read, if Keane's gonna be leaving his post there, it will be because he quits and walks away rather than him being sacked. :heh:

You never know in football. Given the short shelf life of managers, I dunno.

It was as if City didn't show up for the match today. They played like they were the away team with United being able to control and dictate everything. At the beginning when I saw United's midfield consisted of such wallies as Fletcher and Park, I thought City would overrun them ok. But like I said, City didn't impose themselves which meant Robinho was isolated and anonymous up front. They showed United too much respect and didn't get stuck in.

Park and Fletcher both had good games today. Park especially, and you'll always get passion in his play. I think we just kept the ball well, and hit them with Evra and Rafael whenever we had the chance.

Park is immense. Never gives up, plays his heart out. Just sometimes doesnt have the final ball. But today he had a great game.

Yeah, agreed. I really quite like the guy. He's quick, and he really linked up well with Rafael on that right side. :)

We had balance on the wings today, something which I think we've lacked a few times this season. Let's hope that Fergie plays Rafael more now.

great day for footie results! United winning, pompey winning (was well worried when they conceded that second goal...Adams must have been getting that feeling again) and Arsenal winning.

You know if Arsenal keep this up they could get 4th in the table....:heh:

great day for footie results! United winning, pompey winning (was well worried when they conceded that second goal...Adams must have been getting that feeling again) and Arsenal winning.

You know if Arsenal keep this up they could get 4th in the table....:heh:

Now Now, Son. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Haha. Cheeky swines.

It just goes to show that if we'd played better against the lesser teams like Spurs, Hull, Stoke and City. (I'll let Villa off because they play some good football) We'd be right up there, it seems we're just making it hard for ourselves.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!