N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Fabregas is a good choice. :heh: He's the heartbeat of the team, and I've seen him call to people/ shout at them on the pitch to motivate them and to keep em in line, showing that he has it in him to be the captain. He leads by example with his tackling, passing and work ethic- bit of a Stevie G who coincidentally captains the Pool. :hehe:

I don't know if anyone is aware of this, but Virgin Media have streaming football highlights from what seems to be every match across all 4 English divisions. For some reason League 2 don't have teams listed, but still seems to have every match.

When they have the rights to the videos:

Note: Weekend highlights for Premier League matches are available on Monday morning and midweek highlights the following morning. We are not allowed to link to clips from 2:15pm until 6pm on Saturdays due to UEFA regulations.

All Football League matches will be available from midnight on Sunday for Saturday games, and from midnight on Monday for Sunday games and 24 hours after the conclusion of the match for all other games.

Well, Chris Morgan has gotten away with smashing in Iain Hume's skull, as I expected. The FA are a fucking disgrace.

BBC story

Sheffield United 'just want to forget the incident.'

Try telling Humey that, I'm sure he won't forget it in a hurry.

I know its absolutely rediculous. I mean just look at this:

iain_hume_1120476c.jpg

How can he get away with that?

I know its absolutely rediculous. I mean just look at this:

iain_hume_1120476c.jpg

How can he get away with that?

Jesus Christ, that's awful. :(

Hmm, why exactly can't the FA upgrade yellows to red? I don't see what disadvantages it would cause if they did implement it. Other than the fact that players would get away with a lot less. We can't be having that now, can we?

Jesus Christ, that's awful. :(

Hmm, why exactly can't the FA upgrade yellows to red? I don't see what disadvantages it would cause if they did implement it. Other than the fact that players would get away with a lot less. We can't be having that now, can we?

it's a FIFA directive, if the referee books him then it means he saw the incident and took action. Changing it to a red suggests he got it wrong and FIFA don't like that apparently in these circumstances

It actually really irked me when The FA said that they couldn't upgrade the Yellow to a Red due to "orders from FIFA".

This really annoyed me because, as we all know, it was The FA who wrote the original rules for football. That was about 40 years before FIFA came into existence.

I just wish that, for once, The FA could turn around and say to FIFA "Fuck off, we wrote the rules for this sport way back. It should be us who changes the rules, not you!"

It's true that neither The FA or FIFA could run a piss-up in a brewery, but it was The FA who came up with the idea for that piss-up to begin with. If you see what I'm getting at.

It actually really irked me when The FA said that they couldn't upgrade the Yellow to a Red due to "orders from FIFA".

This really annoyed me because, as we all know, it was The FA who wrote the original rules for football. That was about 40 years before FIFA came into existence.

I just wish that, for once, The FA could turn around and say to FIFA "Fuck off, we wrote the rules for this sport way back. It should be us who changes the rules, not you!"

It's true that neither The FA or FIFA could run a piss-up in a brewery, but it was The FA who came up with the idea for that piss-up to begin with. If you see what I'm getting at.

I understand where you're coming from.

In the case of this incident or similar ones, why do the FA need to either consider upgrading a card. A clear outright ban for GBH should be issued. Morgan is lucky Hume hasn't pressed charges, because basically it was assault.

I actually hate Morgan, I hope we draw Sheffield United in the FA Cup and Van Persie decks him for that punch a few years back.

Oh ffs. We outplayed them and once they scored their first one i just had that awful feeling...

Poor Adams, he must feel gutted, aswell as the players.

It's annoying to watch games where teams only turn it up when there's 10 minutes left.

Yeah, you outplayed Milan, but you were also 2-0 up and ended up conceding twice in little time. So, luck was with them.