Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't expect to see this today, nor did I really expect him to leave, especially after that "famous" Sky Sports News Interview with himself where he said he would stay.

After all the controversy last season, it seemed that he had expressed his desire to leave quite a few times, and I'm glad that the situation has been resolved one way or the way, especially early on in the Summer. For one thing, it means that we have a good amount of time to line up a replacement, if we decide to do that.

It has reached the stage where now the players are more talked about than the club. This just reminds me of the fuss that surrounded David Beckham when he decided to leave for Madrid. No matter how good the player is, they are not Manchester United. A team shouldn't be defined by one player, and big players have come and gone over the years, but the team have just got on with it and did what we always do - play football.

I'll be sad to see him leave, as he is a fantastic talent. Great player, and very complete. Only thing that I think he needs to work on is his attitude, which I think is one of the reasons why fans are so divided over him. We'll miss his goals next season, but we said the same thing when Van Nistelrooy was sent off to Madrid. It'll leave a gap there to be filled by someone else. In a way, it might be better for us as we'll now need to score goals from more areas of the field, which is something we do but need to do more.

If I was Kaka, I would feel a bit miffed. "59 million for me, but 80 million for Ronaldo. Shows how much they think of me! :heh:"

80 million is ridiculous!

That's man united's transfer kitty sorted then!

And everybody knows it. Ideally they would have replaced him first, now whoever they try and buy to fill that gap, the teams they're buying from know they've got £80m sitting in the bank and everyone's going to jack the price right up. They'll probably end up paying £30m for Valencia.

I'd love to see Platini's reaction had this been an English club, £146 million in only a couple days.

He's being relatively restrained.

David Villa will probably be signed by the end of next week. I hope Valencia hold out for an extortionate amount.

Bit gutted to see this today but it was no secret he wanted to go and 80 million is a nice little sum ;)

Was over on the united forums and a lot of people are slating him. You know the kinda guys who don't know how to use the internet and type everything in caps and act about 5...well they probably are but yeah my point is I hate them.

Anyway, Ronaldo yeah I'm not gonna slate him, he wants to play for his boyhood club he supports and to be fair he has put in a good shift at United, even after saying he wanted to go last season he still played at his best and ended up being our top scorer helping us retain the premiership. Without him these past few years we wouldnt have won the trophies we have.

So from me he goes down and joins the other united no.7 legnends and it's a pat on the back, go and enjoy Real and thanks for the 80 Million.

Now fergie bring back Becks :) haha.

Who do you expect will be replacing him?

Well everyone is hinting Ribery. But to be fair im not really fan.

Could be a number of people really. I hear Robben is going "cheap" at 7m. Valencia keeps getting mentioned and then of course forwards like Benzema and Huntelaar.

And there's always the "oh we can now sign tevez".

But essential we need a winger. We have Nani, who in my opinion has gone backwards since he arrived. If we can sort him out he could be good enough.

We've got some good youngsters coming through so would like Fergie to promote some of those and give them a go. (but thats the football manager on the PC in me).

So in conclusion I have no idea. But I trust Fergie. He knows what he is doing with money unlike some.

Bit gutted to see this today but it was no secret he wanted to go and 80 million is a nice little sum ;)

Was over on the united forums and a lot of people are slating him. You know the kinda guys who don't know how to use the internet and type everything in caps and act about 5...well they probably are but yeah my point is I hate them.

Anyway, Ronaldo yeah I'm not gonna slate him, he wants to play for his boyhood club he supports and to be fair he has put in a good shift at United, even after saying he wanted to go last season he still played at his best and ended up being our top scorer helping us retain the premiership. Without him these past few years we wouldnt have won the trophies we have.

So from me he goes down and joins the other united no.7 legnends and it's a pat on the back, go and enjoy Real and thanks for the 80 Million.

Now fergie bring back Becks :) haha.

I wish he would come back on loan or something, I'd be the happiest person in the world! haha

Forgot to mention that the quality of ITV commentary of the England game was astounding 'Andorra will literally park a bus in front of England.'

This within the first 10 seconds of kickoff and it got worse too.

Forgot to mention that the quality of ITV commentary of the England game was astounding 'Andorra will literally park a bus in front of England.'

This within the first 10 seconds of kickoff and it got worse too.

I've just come in from work, should my sarcasm alarm be going off? (Batteries are dead..need sleep).

It was awful commentary, belittled them for the whole coverage. If they were minnows in the FA Cup they'd be arse licking them, I'm glad some of the fans showed Andorra some respect. With a population like 88,000 they aren't going to get too many wonder kids coming through. At least they turn up and try and play a good game, I know I'd get pissed off turning up every few months and getting battered every game. Fair play to them.

I've just come in from work, should my sarcasm alarm be going off? (Batteries are dead..need sleep).

Well when you say 'literally' it implies that they actually did it, so apparently Andorra parked a bus on the pitch to stop England scoring.

Forgot to mention that the quality of ITV commentary of the England game was astounding.

What was Tyldsley talking about saying Crouch should have been sent off for that wayward arm? 5 minutes of "Definite red card if the referee saw it, rules of the game, blah blah, hit him in the face" and then 5 minutes of backtracking and saying it might not have been a sending off after all!

Well when you say 'literally' it implies that they actually did it, so apparently Andorra parked a bus on the pitch to stop England scoring.

We all knew Andorra weren't going to come and play football... that doesn't mean that ITV's commentary or punditry was any good.

Edit - Second read through, I see what you were saying.

To be honest, £40 million, £80 million, same difference. I really don't think it matters because it's just like a big investment, not exactly bad for the economy and if players are that high in demand then that's the way it is.

If there were quotas then huge squabbles would occur and football would get worse.

To be honest, £40 million, £80 million, same difference. I really don't think it matters because it's just like a big investment, not exactly bad for the economy and if players are that high in demand then that's the way it is.

If there were quotas then huge squabbles would occur and football would get worse.

Not bad for economy if that £80 million is spread through the country, but it probably won't. Maybe an odd few quid on the academy and potential youngsters. The rest will go to other clubs like Bayern if Man Utd go for Ribery.

£80 million could save all the clubs in the football league, its crazy to think that much money is being spent on just one player.

Yeah but where would the £80 million go? You can't doll it out to random minor league teams and there would be no point in distributing it evenly throughout every football club, although this probably isn't the point.

The thing is it's kind of accepted now that any club could become a big name if there was a heavy investor put behind it, few teams can make it up there through just being well managed and being a local unit.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!