Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it's fine to have a go at a player every now and again (we call it John O'shea syndrome) it's really unhealthy to do it all the time. You support your team and players, not slag them off.

I definitely agree that there is nothing wrong with criticising a players performance if they've been shit. But calling your own player a cunt, for an error in judgement is not on. It's too far, and its easy to blame the keeper for losing, but when the team is 1-0 up and doesn't have a shot on goal for the rest of the game you invite the pressure on yourself and the keeper is ultimately going to suffer.

You win as a team, you lose as a team.

Facebook heroes, can fuck off. ;)

I definitely agree that there is nothing wrong with criticising a players performance if they've been shit. But calling your own player a cunt, for an error in judgement is not on. It's too far, and its easy to blame the keeper for losing, but when the team is 1-0 up and doesn't have a shot on goal for the rest of the game you invite the pressure on yourself and the keeper is ultimately going to suffer.

You win as a team, you lose as a team.

Facebook heroes, can fuck off. ;)

Dude, I agree with you so much on that. Is Berbatov a "cunt" because the penalty failed? Most definitely not. He put in a great performance against Porto, where he spent more of the time as an attacking midfielder rather than a striker. It's funny how nobody even thought back to performances like that, he just seems to attract bad press sometimes.

Being a goalkeeper is tough. You can be flawless for the majority of the match, and then make one mistake which can lead to a goal or major moment, and that's what you get remembered for. Every keeper makes mistakes, it is just that some make less than others, or may have a better defence infront of them than others.

When it comes to "slagging" players off, the only instances where I've probably done that this season are games which have probably involved Gary Neville or O'Shea. But, it's nowhere near (not in the same league) as others who slag off players on other forums. I think I tend to criticise but add reasoning to it...which I think is not slagging off. Hmm.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

yeah, you might have the occasional bitch, but you justify your reasons and know that you love them really :heh:

I think I tend to criticise but add reasoning to it...which I think is not slagging off. Hmm.

Bang on the money in my opinion. icon14.gif

Thats annoying, I think Liverpool were playing better than Arsenal in that first half but Mascherano was being too sloppy.

Also anyone watching it on Sky Sports, does the commentary sound a bit quiet to you? Maybe slightly muffled, just enough so its a bit harder to make out what they are saying sometimes?

Yeah I'm watching it. Your defence is just well all over the place. Fabianski is having a great game, just hope he can keep it up. But seriously your defending been shocking. It been all liverpool.

Loved the goal though, especially at half time when Gerrard in the studio was like well I think it was offside and Redknapp was like well na it's borderline and you gotta give benefit of the doubt to the striker! Gerrard well moody.

Anyway second half about to start. Come on Arsenal. Even a draw will do. 45 minutes for Fabianski to pull off another 10 great saves.

EDIT: Knew it.. HOLD ON HOLD ON

Edited by Platty

It all over. 10 minutes into the second half. Seriously Ramar what has happened to your defence? I've never seen an Arsenal team play so badly in defence. Everytime Liverpool get near your box it's panic stations and everyone is all over the place.

It all over. 10 minutes into the second half. Seriously Ramar what has happened to your defence? I've never seen an Arsenal team play so badly in defence. Everytime Liverpool get near your box it's panic stations and everyone is all over the place.

We've got a Man Utd reject and a 19 year old kid who's been playing left back for 8 months. That's what's happened, not to mention Sagna's been ill the last week.

AAARRRSSSHAAAVVVIINNNNN!!!!

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! What the hell has happened to liverpool??? I always thought they were so conservative. To have 2 games go to 4-4 in a week is a shocker.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!