NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Who is Arsenals captain now? Did Gallas actually lose it? I know I read in the summer that he might do but forgot to check on Match of the day.

It's still Gallas. If Wenger had tried to take it away from him, Gallas' head would probably have exploded so its best to just let him keep it.

Steinsson's goal was insane yesterday. If only he meant it.

Yeah Ramos is rubbish winning the UEFA cup 2 years in a row :indeed:

Also I really don't think Artetas free kick was that great, if Robinson didnt have shit positioning he would have saved it.

So, because he's won something, that automatically makes him the right choice for Tottenham, right? Because Tottenham have excelled under him, haven't they? :heh:

Fair play, if he's won something with another club, then good for him. Just don't think he's the right man for that club.

Well, if the goalkeeper had shit positioning, doesn't it mean that Arteta's free kick was even better? Seeing as how he saw the gap, exploited it and scored? It's not exactly the easiest of angles to score from, is it?

Well, if the goalkeeper had shit positioning, doesn't it mean that Arteta's free kick was even better? Seeing as how he saw the gap, exploited it and scored? It's not exactly the easiest of angles to score from, is it?

Not at all. It doesn't make the free kick any better, just proves that Robinson is a shit goalie.

Not at all. It doesn't make the free kick any better, just proves that Robinson is a shit goalie.

Well, that's your opinion on it. From a defensive point of view, it's a shit goal to concede. From an attacking point of view, he was given a not-so-easy angle, saw the gap, and scored. Were you expecting him to score?

Well I didn't watch the match live. But from what I saw on Match of the Day I expected someone of Arteta's ability to hit the target. All he had to do was hit the left hand side of the goal and it was in, Robinson was so ill-positioned.

Well I didn't watch the match live. But from what I saw on Match of the Day I expected someone of Arteta's ability to hit the target. All he had to do was hit the left hand side of the goal and it was in, Robinson was so ill-positioned.

Oh, because it's just as simple as that, isn't it? :heh:

You could just as easily say "all the striker has to do is put the ball in the back of the net five times, and we'll win the game."

Oh, because it's just as simple as that, isn't it? :heh:

Yes it was as easy as that. Look at Robinson's positioning. And we're talking about professional footballers, they play the game daily. If they can't hit the goal from a deadball situation from the range Arteta was at, theres got to be something wrong, especially when you consider how much they get paid to put the ball in the back of the net.

Wow I'm speechless after our display yesterday (Tottenham) - complete lack of pace, desire, and a ropey-looking defence once again. Alvez was streaking through the left-side way too easily; I don't think Ramos striked the balance between attacking flair and defensive stability right yesterday. Ah well, first game of the season - it might take a while for our new players to gel with the sqaud and play cohesively (but do we have the time to wait?). Needless to say, we need a win against Sunderland next week, or we could be looking at 0 of 9 possible points come the month end. Dissapointed...

Common!! 2-0 so far, under 30 minutes played!! It's painful being at work while this is on but at least it sounds like we running rampant.

Tevez reckons our new Argies are canny

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/08/17/tevez-hails-toon-signings-79310-21547217/

We're supposed to be after Javier Saviola either to buy or on loan as well. Wouldn't say no like but we'd be continuing building a team of midgets. We've had a bid turned down for Van Nistlerooy as well apparently. Don't think we ever had a chance of getting him but it's good we're after that calibre of player.

EDIT: 3-Nowt, come on Chelsea - don't want to be bottom on the league tonight :P

Awesome!! Chelsea win 4 - 0! :D

Well I was wrong with my prediction of 3 - 0 (although I made quite a few predictions). We won 4 - 0 against Man City on the opening day of the season last year, lets just hope we can have some stability this season.

we were awful...our defense was no where near top form and we played with 4 central midfielders...niko just does not work down the left he needs to play in that hole behind the front 2...

Chelsea looked very impressive and that's without the drogs and essien....hmmm We need to get a striker fast to keep up.

Rooney & Campbell starting up front, should be interesting.

Dammit, they smelled blood when we were down to ten men. Why the hell didn't Taylor take an age to walk off, every bugger does against us.

Oh well, the Sky Sports lot are happy, Andy Gray got to scream "FLETCHER!!!!" which sounds better as a commentator than the reaction of "Oh. It's gone in." when Martins scored and then acting like someone had died.

Dammit, they smelled blood when we were down to ten men. Why the hell didn't Taylor take an age to walk off, every bugger does against us.

Oh well, the Sky Sports lot are happy, Andy Gray got to scream "FLETCHER!!!!" which sounds better as a commentator than the reaction of "Oh. It's gone in." when Martins scored and then acting like someone had died.

Yes! I noticed the enthusiasm for our goal also.

4-0, and a stunning game. Unfortunately missed the first half due to work but watched the second half. Deco looks absolutely amazing, cannot wait to see more of him.

Top of the league! :heh:

4-0, and a stunning game. Unfortunately missed the first half due to work but watched the second half. Deco looks absolutely amazing, cannot wait to see more of him.

So did we look good? It sounds like we should have got a few more on target. I hate being at work on Sunday... I couldn't even get it on the radio because of websense. (Whoever came up with websense can go get raped by a chainsaw as far as I am concerned.)

4-1 to Villa at the moment. Gabby Agbonlahor has got a perfect hat-trick. :yay:

It finished 4-2. Schweet! Great start to the season. :grin:

Glad we got the goal back straight away but our need for a striker is showing. We have played well with some good build up but no finishing product.

That Gutierrez for Newcastle is looking pretty good.

Agbonlahor hatrick in 8 minutes. Amazing.

Aldershot! :D Great way to introduce themselves to League 2! Let's have another strong season!

gg wp........

Aldershot - Local club

Chelsea - Big club

Nuffingwrongwiffat. I do it myself.

Erm...yay...Sutton Coldfield Town FTW...Come on, you...erm...Blues...oh, shit.

He's all up in arms because he supports Chelsea. If he supported Arsenal, however, he'd probably want to give him a great big snog. :wink: