NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Flunky? (Fierce Uncle)

Or were you already an uncle?

Well, it's not her first kid, so I was already an Uncle. It's also worth noting that she's 11 years and 11 days older than me, heh.

Also, Giggs the winner of the PFA Player of the Year Award...that's made my year, haha. Well done, you wizard.

Had to go and find this:

Part Welsh, part fucking awesome.

Haha icon14.gif

Oh yeah Giggs won the PFA. I know you won't like this Flink but I think he gets more credit because of his age. He had a good season undeniably but I still think there are midfielders in other teams that play his role better.

He hasn't featured that much since January/February though has he? I think the first half he got a lot of games.

Giggs hasn't even been Uniteds best player this year, or even in their top 3. Pretty interesting that the voting closed the day before Liverpool beat United, if the voting had stayed open to say the end of the season I'm sure the results would be different.

Can't say Giggs deserved it on this seasons performances alone, don't the stats stand at 12 starts in the league this year... Just about says it all, far worthier players out there.

Another crime is I hear Stephen Ireland wasn't even in the top 3 for young player of the year, the bloke has been immense this season.

^ I like Ireland, but has he scored many goals this season? Just a question.

^ I like Ireland, but has he scored many goals this season? Just a question.

According to wikipedia 13 goals in all competitions. 9 league goals from 30 appearanes, not a bad return at all.

Not too shabby.

Drogba had a golden chance but didn't have the edge to beat the keeper. Some of the dribbling and fast pace passing of Barcelona is brilliant though, they had so much posession.

bahh why havent Barca scored yet! Annnnoying!

So happy Drogba fucked up tho hahahaha

Chelsea parked the bus and did well to defend against Barcelona.

Hleb proved to the world he's shit at shooting in the last minute, Nasri and now Arshavin are much better players than he was for us.

Should be an interesting second leg, surely Chelsea can't afford to sit back again, if Barca score it'll be tough for Chelsea.

As for tomorrow, I'm shitting it, even now. Our season hangs in the balance of these two legs.

A decent result for Chelsea but its a shame that the match couldn't hold my attention for more than 5 minutes. I hope Barca play better at Stamford Bridge (or Chelsea allow them to play better, by actually attacking themselves).

Anyone got any predictions for tomorrow night? I'm going to go for a 3-2 win for United, with Arsenal going 1-0 and then 2-1 up in the first half but United winning it in the second. I fancy Arsenal to win pretty comforably at the Emirates to see them through though.

I'll take a score draw at Old Trafford. Anything better is a plus.

Happy with a no score draw at Nou but not happy at the same time knowing we must win the second leg to go through. Nerve wracking stuff. I seem to go against the grain and prefer playing at home first..

Giggs: Yeah, sure there are other players out there who probably deserve this award more than him. Hell, I thought Nemanja had this in the bag, but I think his age does play a huge factor. I think the message he gives out to many other players is a strong one in that if love football and work hard enough, you can achieve so many things. He's won pretty much everything this is to be won at club level. Just a shame he could never do it on the world stage.

Chelsea: The game itself was pretty dire, I thought. It was too stop start, and a bit too bad tempered I thought. How long did Henry and Drogba spend on the floor? I thought Chelsea did well defensively, and most importantly they stopped Barcelona scoring at home. That's important. They couldn't get that away goal, but a 0-0 away is not a catastrophe by any stretch of the imagination. If they play well at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea could be in with a good shout.

I'm exciting about the game tomorrow. I love playing Arsenal, you're always guaranteed a good game, win or lose. I miss the Keane/Vieira days. They were the best.

I didn't think the chelsea game was too bad.

Barca's passing is always top draw and they were constantly picking away at chelsea's fort like defence. Credit to chelsea's defending to; sometimes it was slightly desperate and it would have been nice to see them alleviate the constant pressure by just attempting to hold the ball more, but they got the job done.

Overall, the clash of the different styles made for quite a tense game and so it kept my attention.

I didn't really mind Henry and Drogba's antics, but alves was pissing me off a bit. the cheating shit. did everyone see him rolling around the floor untill barca got the ball back, then straight away he was up on his feet. theres just no need.

Chelsea would have to be happy with their draw, it would have suited better had it have been a score draw though.

I think they are gonna be lucky to get through at the bridge if barca play like they did tonight, because if chelsea go on the attack there is going to be spaces for the likes of messi and co to exploit. i can't really see barca not scoring in this situation.?

Anywho.... i'm looking forward to utd arsenal. i don't mind which team wins as i love both their football. should be very entertaining if both teams are up for it.

Re: Giggs winning PFA. It's like Robin Williams winning the Supporting Actor Oscar for Good Will Hunting. He deserved the award for Mrs Doubtfire -what was frankly quite a touching performance of a man driven to extremes to be close to his children. But as a comedy, it wouldn't be taken seriously by the Academy.

Giggs has put in consistently good performances for most of his career, this is his moment in the limelight, and who are we to take it away from him by grumbling about our individual favourites?

If they wanted to give Giggs a lifetime achievement award, then they should have done that, rather than giving him player of the year award when he's clearly not been the best player in the league this year. It makes a mockery of the award, takes it away from up and coming players who could have done with it and, to be honest, it's really patronising to Ryan Giggs himself in my opinion. Nicky Butt's coming up to retirement (please, god) and he's never really been recognised in such a way either. Seems a shame that, let's give him Young Player of the Year.

If they wanted to give Giggs a lifetime achievement award, then they should have done that, rather than giving him player of the year award when he's clearly not been the best player in the league this year. It makes a mockery of the award, takes it away from up and coming players who could have done with it and, to be honest, it's really patronising to Ryan Giggs himself in my opinion. Nicky Butt's coming up to retirement (please, god) and he's never really been recognised in such a way either. Seems a shame that, let's give him Young Player of the Year.

But Nicky Butt has always been an average player. He's never been anywhere near as good as Giggs. Trust me, I've watched a huge number of his matches through the years and Giggs is a whole other level to Nicky Butt.

Well done Giggs I say, like several have said he's won almost everything he can at a club level and always puts in a good performance for United. Even if he doesn't score or make a goal, he's always there chasing back, holding the ball or play great passes. That's why he's won, and other players may do that too but ultimately: tough. He's won. Get over it, and congratulate him you bitter peoples!

I'm not bitter, I didn't have any favourite for the award. But the fact he's won almost everything at club level is irrelevent for a player of the year award. Give him a "won almost everything at club level over a long career award" instead and give the player of the year award to the best player of the year.

Just coming in here to brag that'll at be at Old Trafford tonight, TIER 1 BABY!!!! I'll be sure to come in here and brag after their win (and cry in solitude should the unthinkable happen).

I'm not bitter, I didn't have any favourite for the award. But the fact he's won almost everything at club level is irrelevent for a player of the year award. Give him a "won almost everything at club level over a long career award" instead and give the player of the year award to the best player of the year.

Okay, but my point is: too late. Might as well congratulate him 'cause moaning won't make no difference.

See?

Also: LazyBoy I hate you :heh:

Edited by Nintendohnut
Automerged Doublepost

Just coming in here to brag that'll at be at Old Trafford tonight, TIER 1 BABY!!!! I'll be sure to come in here and brag after their win (and cry in solitude should the unthinkable happen).

I wouldn't get ahead of yourself, it's two legs. So what happens tonight doesn't necessarily dictate the eventual outcome.