NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

YES! Huge 3 points for us. We had the second half after we nullified the Ashley Young attack option - which was pretty much their only outlet. Bring on Chelsea.

Massive weekend of football. Pretty much pleased with how it went.

Massive weekend of football. Pretty much pleased with how it went.

Do you feel a little bit ill after being a Spurs fan for the day?:heh:

Do you feel a little bit ill after being a Spurs fan for the day?:heh:

Wouldn't say fan, but it felt horrible hoping they'd get a result.

Great result. Great performance. I'm in LA at the mo. Got up to watch it live at 9am! Great start to the day :)

4 points off 7th! What a truly bizarre season.

Gutted Arsenal are back in it though, always knew Villa would bottle it, didn't expect it to be this much though!

Well done Spurs, you jammy London c*nts. :blush:

I hope now MON realises that Carew needs to start every game. No use putting him on as a supersub. Gabby's lacking confidence, put him on the bench for now, but put him on if you need to.

Now we've got Liverpool and Man U away, followed by Everton at home. But after that the remaining fixtures are all winnable.

I can't see us getting a result against Liverpool, in their form, and Man U are our bogey team. Everton will be a tough game.

Arsenal still have to play Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea towards the end. We just have to hope they don't win any of those games. (Or win the Champions League, which would be fucking horrible if we DO finish 4th...)

2-0 thank you :)

The pitch wasn't the greatest but we definitely deserved the win. Rangers really didn't create too much the whole game.

I take solace from this, though. 'Mon the Hoops and what ho, darkie.

Man U are our bogey team

Funny that, they're ours too. along with 18 other teams :heh:

Results have gone well for us so far this weekend, hopefully we can get our second ever premier league double with another 3 points off the hammers tonight.

come on you BAGGIES :yay:

Bittersweet weekends footy there with Liverpools oh so sweet win but the Gers oh so unfortunate capitulation.

Was a good weekend for football imo. Celtic win;Hibs win;Liverpool win. It's aaaall good.

It could have been a worse weekend for me. With Villa losing and Birmingham City winning, but Celtic and Greenock Morton both winning 2-0 meant a happy Scottish side of me. :blush:

West Brom 0 - 0 west ham (ht)

Pretty dull first half if i'm honest; couple of chances for either side, nothing glaring mind.

I can feel myself squirming every time they get the ball near our goal.

:EDIT:

0 - 0 full time

Thats a point, but was it enough? we'll see come May.

Nice to see Olsson back, interesting to see Martis picked along side him. They looked like a decent pairing, although they didn't have much to test them.

Next 3 games (bolton [h], stoke [h] & pompy [a]) will decide our season, hopefully we see some more decisive attacking. We need at least 6 points from them 9 just to draw level with safety; and thats relying on everyone else losing.

Still got faith :grin:but then someone has to

Edited by DuD

I really do hope West Brom stay up. With the ever-growing possibility of Wolves and Blues coming up again it would be excellent to have the biggest teams in the West Midlands (and Blues) in the Premier League.

Since 2002 there's always been at least two West Mids clubs in the Premier League (except for the 2006/07 season), but I would just love to see four. Make up for all the damn London clubs in there.

Does London need so many bluddy football clubs?

I really do hope West Brom stay up. With the ever-growing possibility of Wolves and Blues coming up again it would be excellent to have the biggest teams in the West Midlands (and Blues) in the Premier League.

Since 2002 there's always been at least two West Mids clubs in the Premier League (except for the 2006/07 season), but I would just love to see four. Make up for all the damn London clubs in there.

Does London need so many bluddy football clubs?

I wish the same here

We started pretty poorly first half and conceded the goal to Hull City, it was encouraging to hear that there were a few good chances but the goal is crucial.

Thank you Van Persie, I was beginning to lose hope.

EDIT: Gallas, you saved us the replay.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon!

She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of may!

And when,

I asked,

Oh why she wore that ribbon

She said it's for the Arsneal and we're going to Wembley!

Wembley! Wembley!

We're the famous Arsenal and we're going to Wembley!

Wembley! Wembley!

I don't know if anyone has seen this but the ever respectable Ken (Norman) Bates is considering suing West Ham:

Leeds may seek Tevez compensation

Leeds United are considering a compensation claim following the settlement of the Carlos Tevez saga.

West Ham and Sheffield United reached an out-of-court settlement over the Argentine's ineligibility during the 2006-07 season.

The Blades' relegation saw Leeds miss out on add-ons from the transfers of Rob Hulse, Matthew Kilgallon and Ian Bennett to Bramall Lane.

Leeds chairman Ken Bates told the club website they are seeking legal advice.

"We are currently taking advice on it and won't be commenting further at this time," said Bates.

The Sheffield club successfully argued that Tevez was ineligible to play for West Ham and that his goals helped keep the Hammers in the Premier League at their expense.

If they are being compensated for their loss we believe we should be compensated for our loss

An independent hearing ruled in favour of their claim for compensation and the two clubs reached an agreement earlier this week, thought to be in the region of £20m.

And while that seemed to signal the end of the matter, Bates' comments indicate that the saga could carry on.

"We sold a number of players to Sheffield United with contingencies," Bates said.

"When they got relegated on the last day of the season we missed out on a substantial sum.

"That's what we lost and if they are being compensated for their loss we believe we should be compensated for our loss.

"There are other clubs in the same boat who have similar claims. Ours is the biggest claim and it would be nice to collect that and strengthen our squad."

It is not known how much money Leeds missed out on, but one newspaper report estimates it could be around £500,000.

Former Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock, now in charge of Crystal Palace, said on Tuesday that he was also considering legal action against West Ham.

Players from the Sheffield United team that were relegated also intend to pursue their compensation claim.

In a statement on their club website, West Ham said: "It is now becoming clear that the ruling by Lord Griffiths has encouraged a potentially endless legal chain of claims and counter claims, which can only be damaging to English football.

"As a club we will strongly resist any attempts to prolong this matter through the courts both to protect our interests and those of the wider game.

"There is a lot more at stake than the finances of West Ham United and we will do all we can to stop this matter ending in a form of legal anarchy."

I LOL'ed when I saw this, can anyone think of any tenuous reasons for your team to sue West Ham?

:indeed:

Apparently we are sueing them because theyre better than us too :heh:

I'm sueing West Ham too, because Tevez kept them up, I've had to fork out an extra 20 notes because they're a category A fixture. Had they been relegated I'd have more money in my pocket to fund my own greed.

Here are the highlights of the FA cup match between Hull and Arsenal, the second goal is the one that's causing so much controversy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zwfrpty540&eurl=http://www.lovefooty.net/arsenal-vs-hull-highlights-video-fa-cup-highlights/

Alternative for when it gets removed from Youtube:

http://www.timesoccer.com/video/03/17-arsenal-vs-hull-city-live-cup-highlights.html

Gallas is clearly offside, but I couldn't give a hoot. After Hull had the chance disallowed they did nothing, so for 70 minutes of the game they just defended. They kicked two kinds of shit out of some of our boys and we were even denied a penalty (Djourou blantatly taken out during a scramble from a corner) which has been ignored by the media.

Yeah I laughed at that, but I've seen worse, which is also shocking.

Edited by dwarf