NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Not too bothered about Man U winning. I've always been saying we won't win the league, no matter what the papers have been saying.

I'll take Arsenal and Spurs drawing, it's better than an Arsenal win dat's fer sure.

Dude, you can win the league. Look at the points. Look at your squad. You are as worthy title contenders as Chelsea and Arsenal. Only worrying thing is your squad depth. Can you keep going with these wins and performances?

I'd actually love it if Villa won. Noone has even thought about considering them yet they're in a great position.

Don't think it's gonna happen though.

I get what you're saying. Of course I would love it so much to see Villa win the League, I would probably cry rivers of joy, but I'm just being realistic here and saying that it won't happen this season. Fuck knows if we'll be able to keep this up in the next few campaigns.

I do believe we have a very strong chance of finishing in the top 4. But we've got to keep our streak going and just hope Arsenal make at least one more slip-up or fail to capitalise when we drop points.

But we've got Chelsea at home in 2 weeks, and I can't see a repeat of last season happening, especially as they beat us earlier in the season. Not only that, but we're to play Liverpool and Man Utd away at the end of March and the beginning of April and I would be surprised if we so much as got more than a point out of those two games. Plus Man Utd have those two games in hand, so you might as well add 4-6 points to their current total and see how far behind we are then.

You'll see as we get closer to the end of the season. We never really planned to go for the title, but because aiming for a CL spot means you have as much chance of winning the league as the other teams in the race, everybody thinks we have a chance as well.

But we won't win the league, simple as that.

Aston Villa have an outside shot at it, but i don't think they will pull it off, but i think they will defo get 4th ;)

But, arguably you've not played against a dangerous/attacking team for a while. You had Everton, who are a great team, but don't tend to score that many goals. I just look through the Arsenal squad and don't see many players who I think are high quality.

You're right we've not played that many great teams, and we've not been picking up good results. But the squad has quality players, its just at the minute 3 of our best are injured.

The midfield we've had to put up with for a long time is a shadow of what it will be when they return. Arshavin, Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky/Walcott.

We've got the players, we just need them to actually turn up to matches.

Really we should have a proper B team that can get us wins regardless, not that flexible when our best are injured.

Really we should have a proper B team that can get us wins regardless, not that flexible when our best are injured.

If that was the case, none of us would be complaining. There's only a few people to blame for the lack of depth in the squad. The board and the manager.

Looks like Tony Adams has been sacked and all I can say is about bloody time we are sinking without a trace at the moment, we need someone who get the dressing room going again and get us defending and playing solid again.

Sky Sports are 'expecting' him to be sacked in the morning. I would be pissed if I knew, but wasnt told, that I would be sacked in the morning.

Sky Sports are 'expecting' him to be sacked in the morning. I would be pissed if I knew, but wasnt told, that I would be sacked in the morning.

Yeah I would be to lol! Word is that its all been done and TA actually knows already....Avram Grant early favourite...he has been here before Chelsea...quite how much input he actually had last season with them is open to debate...

I'd prefer us to stay english but I can't think of many available experienced premiership managers who have what it takes to survive a relegation scrap...

Tony wasn't doing too bad a job, I mean Pompey were a threat still, but the results have gone against him too often.

Not exactly encouraging times for English managers at the minute. You can say all you want about the likes of Adams and Ince but they weren't given enough time.

Our managers will never progress and learn if not given the opportunities.

Portsmouth havent won in the PL since November. If you are in a relegation scrap its pretty rare for you to have a 3-2 defeat with the winning goal in 90 + 4 with Liverpool. Looking at their site they have only had near losses against the big teams - Liverpool, Arsenal and Aston Villa and a draw with Spurs. The problem is they lose 2-0 to Swansea, 4-1 to West Ham, 3-1 to Fulham, 3-0 to Newcastle and the list goes on. They were decent in the Uefa Cup aswell but it was all of Harry's making. No doubt Tony will take a coaching position at Spurs.

No doubt Tony will take a coaching position at Spurs.

Fuck off would he. He'll go to Feyenoord.

Tony Adams is Mr Arsenal, he'd never go to Spurs. Never.

Not exactly encouraging times for English managers at the minute. You can say all you want about the likes of Adams and Ince but they weren't given enough time.

Our managers will never progress and learn if not given the opportunities.

I'm sorry but I don't agree. When we have been as awful as we have, we just don't turn up against the teams around us. I personally think young managers need to prove themselves at the lower levels first something Paul Ince did (but think he jumped up to soon) but Tony Adams wasn't even a success in the lower leagues. I think he is a good coach but simply not up to the job as a number one. He doesn't have what it takes to be in the public eye either, some of the things he has come out with. Like when he said he was a bit of a loner and would actually rather just spend the rest of his life talking to his dog. This was in an interview in a paper I mean why the hell is he saying this?!

He was never going to stay manager he was there to shore up the ship and put up with players being sold. If we had tried to get someone big in they would have made certain demands we would never have met. Now they will have to work with what they've got and rely on managerial skills.

I don't think you can really blame, Adams, I think Harry left you boys in a right state. Just like he did Bournemouth, West Ham and Southamptom. Tony had limited resources and lost two of his best players in the transfer window.

Though I would agree that Tony hadn't proven himself in the lower divisions, and his lack of managerial experience was his down fall.

In order for that to happen, Man United would need to lose or drop points when Aston Villa capitalize.

Sherlock.. Sherlock Holmes that really you?

Alright, alright, not necessary. If either Aston Villa or Liverpool would win the title it'd be a nice change.

I couldn't agree more with flameboy's comments, just think it's a shame that it happened to adams. Hopefully this isn't the last we'll see of him in management.

Yeh just read that. Not much of a football fan but seriously, the FA, in fact probably Fifa should as well, step in and sort this out. It's a bloody disgrace all of these sackings. I saw an interview with Gordon Strachan on the Scottish new a couple of days ago and he had a good idea for sorting out all of the manager sackings during the season, which was have a transfer style window for the managers during the summer and if they aren't wanted and a new one is brought in then they do it in the summer. After that, you have to continue the season with the same manager regardless of whether people think he's doing a poor job.

Making the change now to maintain a challenge? Are they mad? They should at least have a proper manager ready to replace him. They must have faith in the assistant manager to change now at this point.

WOOOO!!! Manager hunt! I love these.

Fingers crossed, Barack Obama for new Chelsea manager.

obama_hope.jpg

I liked Scolari but he just wasn't cutting it.