Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

Another win for the mighty yids!! :D Can't believe it, what a couple of weeks!!! Finally out of the relegation spots, 2 points from 10th, only 8 points from 5th, and a pretty easy set of games coming up :D

Saw the highlights. Quality stuff.

That Croatian lad sure can move.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, one step at a time. You need to concentrate on working up the table, and avoiding a relegation dog-fight. Then, you can worry about pushing for Europe or something.

I know I know, but I'm an eager beaver :D too impatient for all that. I'm thinking we're 8 points off Villa at 5th with Fulham, Blackburn, Everton and Whammers next. 10 points and we'll surely be top 8 :)

Saw the highlights. Quality stuff.

That Croatian lad sure can move.

The guy is amazing. He'll probably be a Man U or Chelsea player next season, but what a year he'll provide us with :)

Well they'd do well to hold on to him if possible. Can't help but feel the front end needs a great player since they just lost two of their best to bigger teams.

Yeah I have to agree, however, 11 goals for Bent this season in 12 starts. Scored more than Berbs and Keane put together. Can't complain too much!

If you do want Spurs to be a top club, then you're going to need to keep hold of your better players. There's only so long you can keep selling your best players before you slip further and further behind.

Yeah, there was the infamous "lasagne" year when we were 4th on the ast game of the season; then we sold Carrick that summer and haven't looked the same; selling Berbs and Keane make us look like a feeder club.....we have stop this nonsense of selling them; but it's hard. The only way to keep them is to be successful! So we need to win something again this year and prove we're capable in the league. We'll see. It's always entertaining being a Spurs fan!

And why the hell did you lose to the goons? Very disappointed!! :)

Yeah, there was the infamous "lasagne" year when we were 4th on the ast game of the season; then we sold Carrick that summer and haven't looked the same; selling Berbs and Keane make us look like a feeder club.....we have stop this nonsense of selling them; but it's hard. The only way to keep them is to be successful! So we need to win something again this year and prove we're capable in the league. We'll see. It's always entertaining being a Spurs fan!

And why the hell did you lose to the goons? Very disappointed!! :)

The thing is, you need to keep hold of your better players, and that is how you win games, and trophies. You need to build a strong team, and then success will follow.

I'm very disappointed with that game, too. We had so many problems defensively and our midfield didn't create enough service for the strikers. We were our worst enemy that game, not Arsenal.

Yeah, if Rooney put away even one of those early chances, it would have been different. And I'm sorry, but I'm glad Berbatov is not providing what you need and pissing off a few of your fans with his "lazy" displays :D

He's a poacher, that's what poaches do. He's got a few goals already, and he'll get more. We never bought him with the intention of having another player with the same work-rate as Tevez or Rooney. Much like the goal that was ruled out for offside, he'll feed on scraps.

Hmm, Rooney had quite a few opportunities where he probably should have scored, but as a team performance, it wasn't great. Neville and Carrick (possibly Ronaldo) were pretty poor, so it meant our service was limited. Also, we had the knack of keeping the ball in the air, rather than on the ground. We created more chances by stroking the ball around on the field, so had we done that more often, then the result may have been different.

He's a poacher, that's what poaches do. He's got a few goals already, and he'll get more. We never bought him with the intention of having another player with the same work-rate as Tevez or Rooney. Much like the goal that was ruled out for offside, he'll feed on scraps.

Hmm, Rooney had quite a few opportunities where he probably should have scored, but as a team performance, it wasn't great. Neville and Carrick (possibly Ronaldo) were pretty poor, so it meant our service was limited. Also, we had the knack of keeping the ball in the air, rather than on the ground. We created more chances by stroking the ball around on the field, so had we done that more often, then the result may have been different.

But he's not a poacher; thats why I don't think he was a good buy. He holds the ball up AMAZINGLY, he's skillful, he'll score wondergoals, he'll get lots of assists, but he's not a poacher like Lineker, or Owen, even Shearer to a lesser extent. Berbatov won't score you shedloads of league goals!

I may be wrong, but we'll see how the season pans out,

But he's not a poacher; thats why I don't think he was a good buy. He holds the ball up AMAZINGLY, he's skillful, he'll score wondergoals, he'll get lots of assists, but he's not a poacher like Lineker, or Owen, even Shearer to a lesser extent. Berbatov won't score you shedloads of league goals!

I may be wrong, but we'll see how the season pans out,

Comparing Shearer to a poacher even slightly earns you -4million points and reserves you a room in your own particular section of Hell.

And Berbatov is a good holder, not so much of a cheeky needs-a-punch-in-the-face player as Van Nistelrooy.

That man needs a punch in his horse-like face.

If Shearer was any type of player you'd class him as the traditional English centre forward. Strong in the challenge, powerful shot, covered a lot of the pitch etc.

And just to cheer this topic up.

45187077nasir416sm1.jpg

Just a bit better than Hleb, where ever you may be khalifah, thanks for this lad. ;)

I thought that second goal for the Gunners was a corker. Not only was it a great finish but the way they managed to actually thread the needle and get through was quality. They often get criticised when it doesn't happen, but when things work out for Arsenal, its always worth watching. (And dirty United getting beat in the process is fine by me!)

Glad to see that Liverpool got back to winning ways and topped the league overnight- it looked as if we even played pretty decent. :o

Comparing Shearer to a poacher even slightly earns you -4million points and reserves you a room in your own particular section of Hell.

And Berbatov is a good holder, not so much of a cheeky needs-a-punch-in-the-face player as Van Nistelrooy.

That man needs a punch in his horse-like face.

I put "to a lesser extent" :) He got a few poacher goals, the guy was ALWAYS there!! Berbatov isn't like that. And I would say Berbs is an amazing holder. Also, have Man U witnessed his control yet, a big hoof from the keeper that he controls perfectly, whatever the distance and height? I've never seen anything like it from a footballer, world class control!

I've never seen anything like it from a footballer, world class control!

Wouldn't have expected you to if you've been watching spurs all your life..

Anyway winning the league in black and white aside, a great match today. Our young players are just amazing, the way they play is immense. Fats passing, quick breaking, defence is a bit shakey, but attack is the best form of a defence and don't they attack. Well worth the tenner to watch them.

Wouldn't have expected you to if you've been watching spurs all your life..

Anyway winning the league in black and white aside, a great match today. Our young players are just amazing, the way they play is immense. Fats passing, quick breaking, defence is a bit shakey, but attack is the best form of a defence and don't they attack. Well worth the tenner to watch them.

Yeah, hope we meet them again this year, so we can destroy them.....AGAIN!!!!

What a performance. Surely HUddlestone will get a call up with this display in front of Capello, the guy is a genius!!

It has been 45 minutes of constant domination; fantastic showing.

I've always wanted Harry Redknapp!!!!!

Liverpool haven't even had a shot?!

Fraser Campbell looks really good - who needs Berbatov and Keane? :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!