NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

Sega are "back!"

This piece of kit is officially sanctioned by Sega and is region free and comes with a crazy looking six buttoned controller. It takes cartridges and also comes with twenty built in games... only £20 quid on Play-Asia too...!

List of games:

- Alien Storm

- Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

- Altered Beast

- Arrow Flash

- Columns III

- Crack Down

- Decap Attack

- Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine

- Ecco

- Ecco Jr.

- ESWAT: City Under Siege

- Flicky

- Gain Ground

- Golden Axe

- Jewel Master

- Kid Chameleon

- Shadow Dancer

- Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

- Sonic and Knuckles

- Sonic Spinball

newmegadrive.jpgnewsegacontroller.jpg

Also in blue and green.

From Aeropause

Ooh. Pretty nifty.

From the sounds of it the console only plays Japanese and US games (then again, US/Japan versions are miles better than UK ones).

And you get two controllers with it.

I wonder if the built-in Sonic and Knuckles has working lock-on.

Yeah it seems there is a bit of a conflict with what it plays between what Play-Asia have and what Aeropause say. Here's what Aeropause wrote:

Play-Asia is showing off this new home console system, the AtGames MegaDrive Twin Pad Player. For those who grew up playing the Genesis and don’t know, “MegaDrive” is what the system was called everywhere else in the world. What’s significant about this is the device is not only officially sanctioned by Sega, but is capable of playing cartridges designed not only for the MegaDrive, but also the Genesis. Region-free, that means.

Aeropause seem to have just forgotten about PAL regions.They seem to just be mentioning that it's a Japanese Mega Drive that can play US Genesis games.

Pretty cool... I never got any Mega Drive games from the Virtual Console, though Comix Zone did interest me. Can anyone vouch for this? (Or any other decent Mega Drive games)

Any Sonic games are awesome..Perhaps Sonic Spinball/3D are aquired tastes though. There are decent Street Fighter titles there too (and that 6 button controller will make things easier) other than SEGA's games (Golden Axe, Streets Of Rage, Comix Zone etc) EA were perhaps one of the best MegaDrive producers. Road Rash, FIFA, Jungle Strike (and sequels) NHL etc...All pure gold.

Virgin were good too with Aladdin, Jungle Book, Cool Spot, The Lion King, Earthworm Jim...

So many classics :)

And Comix Zone is pretty decent actually. Well worth a play!

Pretty cool... I never got any Mega Drive games from the Virtual Console, though Comix Zone did interest me. Can anyone vouch for this? (Or any other decent Mega Drive games)

I haven't played the majority of the built-in games (Only Sonic Spinball and Golden Axe, which were both great back then).

But other great Mega Drive games (that I have played) include:

Sonic 1 to 3

Streets of Rage 1 & 2

Ice Hockey

Wiz n Liz

Aladdin

(I didn't actually have many games on it).

Aeropause seem to have just forgotten about PAL regions.They seem to just be mentioning that it's a Japanese Mega Drive that can play US Genesis games.

After rereading it with this in mind, you are likely right and its region freeness only applies between Japan and America. Makes this product less exciting. :(

dear lord for almost every game There. There is a better equivilant.

for:

- Alien Storm(streets of rage 2 although probably too violent or some shit)

- Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle(hell all the master system ones are better but I guess this is the best on the megadrive)

- Altered Beast(oh jesus ANYTHING but this)

- Arrow Flash

- Columns III(column 1)

- Crack Down

- Decap Attack

- Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine

- Ecco

- Ecco Jr.(ecco 2)

- ESWAT: City Under Siege

- Flicky

- Gain Ground

- Golden Axe(streets of rage OR GA2 which is better)

- Jewel Master

- Kid Chameleon

- Shadow Dancer

- Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

- Sonic and Knuckles(not bad but its a pity its not 3 and knuckles)

- Sonic Spinball(sonic 1,sonic 2)

not WHERE are

comix zone:

ecco 2

sonic 1

sonic 2

streets of rage 1,2,3

golden axe 1,2(i dont like 3)

thunderforce iv

revenge of shinobi

plus many many more first party titles

otherwise this aint a bad list.

I wonder if the built-in Sonic and Knuckles has working lock-on.

There are no other sonic games on the list for it to lockon to.

sonic 3 is notably left out probably due to the saving.

I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

It's innovative i'll give it that and an interesting title not sure if it will hold your attension long. I find that most megadrive games haven't dates as well as super nintendo titles.

What the...there were THREE columns games :o

I'd buy it in an instant if it could play PAL games, i've built up quite a collection!

I'm not sure what the situation is with columns 2. Did it Ever exist ot just never come out in us and europe?

Are the built in games in english?

If so, I'll buy this whenever it comes out.

Now if only Nintendo would do this with the NES/SNES.

Guys, Megadrive never had any region restrictions.

The only cartridges that are extremely different are the japanese carts, totally different shape etc. The american carts and PAL carts were exactly the same, and american games always worked on my PAL megadrive.

European megadrive games WILL work

Im quite suprised though that it supports both Jap and english carts though, the jap carts were fugly.

produto_md81.jpg

Those controllers look sexy! Pity it doesn't have a cartridge slot.

Or pay £20 and get a megadrive off of eBay.... that would be my way of going forward with it anyway!

Or pay £20 and get a megadrive off of eBay.... that would be my way of going forward with it anyway!

Your idea of going forward includes bumping a thread that hasn't been posted in for a year?

Yes, seeings as Morrisons amongst others have started selling them again in a lot of areas....

Sorry forum police :hug:

Yes, seeings as Morrisons amongst others have started selling them again in a lot of areas....

Sorry forum police :hug:

Haha fair enough. I didn't even know they were on general sale.

Sign in to follow this