N-Europe

Spyborgs

Dante

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice stealth edit dazzy, but I quoted your original post already :p

I know you did,my change was just a joke knowing it had already been quoted :)

In all seriousness it is disappointing, but the game does actually hold a lot of promise.

I got a email tip about this when I came in from my exam, being warned that there was a 'shit-storm' in the forums. :heh: What's the matter? It looks really good in my opinion! Insomniac Games are awesome, I love the style, the cheesiness... it shows a lot of promise, and it's a new IP. Go Capcom!

Airships? Oh yes!

3b-boss_pirateship001_jd.jpg

That Eurogamer piece is promising. The way the developers say they want to be making a Wii game and not porting something, its too early to be judging this game as bollocks. It doesn't look out of this world, but lets wait and see.

The CGi trailer has a certain flair of Team Fortress 2, so if they aim for that with in-game, then I don't see why i can't look the part come release.

This is a 2009 game guys, screens are work in progress.

Maikel was right about the Capcom game being a 3rd person action type game, whether it's the sort of thing people were hoping for or not. With the pedigree behind the game, there's no telling what the potential could be. I certainly think it's unjustified to rip it at this stage.

I'm a little confused as to who Bionic are aiming this game towards. The concept seems like they're gearing it towards younger gamers, but the writing suggests maybe it holds a more universla appeal to it. Whether you're average Joe will see this when he looks at the game on the shelf is questionable. But hell, I don't care about that, I could have a million people screaming at my face telling me Zack and Wiki is a kids games, but I've played it and boy, it's kickass.

I'll keep at least an eye peeled for this.

hahahahaha

OK, I havent watched the trailer yet but I'm being completely honest when I say that I could knock those up in a week. The airship might be pushing it a bit but the rest definitely not joking at all.

I still have no idea why anyone would show a game in such a state, graphically.

Hmm. Its early build, hopefully it'll have a little spit and polish before release.

The number of times I read this during the run-up to a game's release, and I've never seen an example of a last minute "spit and polish". Every sucky looking game that this is said about always ends up looking just as sucky on release day.

The number of times I read this during the run-up to a game's release, and I've never seen an example of a last minute "spit and polish". Every sucky looking game that this is said about always ends up looking just as sucky on release day.

This is true, it's not like they're gonna redo all the textures and models, but various effects can be added to make it looks better. Anyway, it looks nice in the trailer although they don't show much and if it plays good, I'm there.

Lol, becoming quite a generic statement.

Looks alright, I suppose. Not expecting anything groundbreaking. Maybe the gameplay will be good enough to bear looking at it. It's a talented team, and a mediocre game would be a disservice to their vast talent.

Dark Void and Spyborgs are the two biggest titles our office is working on. To say that either of them isn't an incredibly high priority for the company' date=' with major resources against them would be a pretty big misunderstanding of the reality.

The team working on Spyborgs is an all-star team of some of the best character action game developers in the world, backed by us. Have faith.

This is a game that is incredibly thoughtful in its design, incredibly varied in its mechanics and will be incredibly fun to play (both alone or with a buddy/son or daugther/father or mother) when its done.

The initial reaction here I swear is the EXACT reaction so many of you posters had when we first revealed Zach & Wiki. Somehow, Z&W is now a posterchild title for the Wii in your eyes. Mark my words... you will feel exactly the same way about the level of quality in Spyborgs when it is done.[/quote']

Ummm.. yeah. Publishers fund games. So yeah, we're funding the whole thing. Again, this is a big, epic game. A far cry from typical Wii shovelware. You've heard my rants on that before... I won't go through it again.

The irony is, we met High Impact (and by extension their subsidiary Bionic Games) at a mutual license pitch that neither we nor they were really interested in. As we met them though, I learned a bit more about who they were, what they'd done and we went back to their office to chat more about "other things". Once there, as we talked about other business opportunties, on the walls of their conference room was some early concept work for what was to become Spyborgs. While they weren't really pitching it, I asked what it was.

So while those other business opportunities were interesting, we really wanted them to take their amazing creative energies and work on something they were passionate about... not on things that would pay the bills. So we suggested they pursue their concept a bit more with us (even though it wasn't really developed fully into a pitch at that time), they did, we liked what we saw and the direction they were taking. From the outset the concept was dreamed up for the Wii and we signed it before pretty much anyone else could swoop in and do so and we've been there from nearly day one.

From capcom's forums.

Graphically it's a little inconsistent, there are some weak textures and simple models, but there are also some high-poly models in there, at least I can't see any polygons.

It's a cartoony style. Hi-res graphics ain't needed, really. I bet no one complained about Team Fortress 2's graphics.

Hopefully they'll call the guys from the Phoenix Wright series to write the script, though. It would be awesome.

Guest Maase

Love it ^^

Sure seems a fun game, the trailer is pure awesomness, i want something of Gameplay, tough, i hope it has some RPG elements ^^

I don't see how you can ***** about the title, it looks pretty good I think. Well, from what you can make out from a trailer and a few screenshots.

How it works out is anyones guess, I mean some parts of the screenshots reminded me of something like Banjo-Kazooie or Ratchet and Clank, the game did seem a bit kiddy at first but so did both the asforementioned games, and they're awesome!

One to keep an eye on, no doubt.

It's a cartoony style. Hi-res graphics ain't needed, really. I bet no one complained about Team Fortress 2's graphics.

I don't think you can really compare the two - TF2 looked great.

Also why is everyone saying " you can't talk shit about it before we see more e.t.c". Seems to me, pretty much all of the reply's have been positive, and open-minded towards the concept and style.

I don't think you can really compare the two - TF2 looked great.

Also why is everyone saying " you can't talk shit about it before we see more e.t.c". Seems to me, pretty much all of the reply's have been positive, and open-minded towards the concept and style.

In here for the most part, yeah, but look at other forums :P

After seeing that trailer and playing Tools Of Destruction today I'm massively looking forward to seeing how this goes. It's actually a great premise that reminds me of Futurama. And although I definately hope it gets a visual makeover I like the idea and with Insomniac staffers involved (and the words of good ol' Sven) at least it has potential.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!