NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Girly hiyaz!~ Gamer

So...this Amazon tribe....

Wow, that's was a really interesting article. I wonder if you can find their huts on Google Earth? :p

Brazilian uncontacted tribes expert José Carlos dos Reis Meirelles Junior.

everything about these people is, and hopefully will remain, a mystery.

How exactly do you become an expert about something you do not know anything about?

How exactly do you become an expert about something you do not know anything about?

Actually that would make it easier to know everything there is to know.

I can't help but feel that by taking the photos he's encouraged people to find them rather than deter them

I can't help but feel that by taking the photos he's encouraged people to find them rather than deter them

That's what I thought as well.

+2 as much as I'm curious about them it's kind of set their fate now along with the hunt for possible others.

The Amazon is a massive place, if they've reamined hidden for this long then its unlikey you would be able to find them unless you knew where you where looking.

I am an expert on most of the undiscovered galaxies of the universe.

The first thing you need to know is that they are undiscovered. This is crucial.

The reason it's been done is so the Brazilian government can prevent loggers from working near them.

Oh, and Hiyaz - the Daily Mail! Whyyyyyyyy?

The reason it's been done is so the Brazilian government can prevent loggers from working near them.

Oh, and Hiyaz - the Daily Mail! Whyyyyyyyy?

What's wrong with it? (on this story) They haven't been subjective, they haven't written how the labour government has ruined life for the middle classes. In fact I thought it was quite good. If you didn't know then you wouldn't have been able to guess it was from the daily mail.

Truely amazing.

Wasn't there some hoo har a few years back after some guy found a tribe and he caused 5 of them to die cos he had a cold and they caught it?

They should defo be left alone. It's amazing to think there are people in the world still living like that and oblivious to anything going on.

Truely amazing.

Wasn't there some hoo har a few years back after some guy found a tribe and he caused 5 of them to die cos he had a cold and they caught it?

They should defo be left alone. It's amazing to think there are people in the world still living like that and oblivious to anything going on.

That's happened on quite a few occaisions. That's how we accidentally killed a lot of the native americans before we killed them on purpose.

It is extraordinary to think that, in 2008, there remain about a hundred groups of people, scattered over the Earth, who know nothing of our world and we nothing of theirs, save a handful of brief encounters.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

It is amazing that people still live like that in the year 2008. Kind of related, but my mum told me that a Japanese man was recently found in a forest in Burma, and he thought he was still fighting World War II. He went into hiding there in the 40s I think, and he's been surviving with several other people (who were gradually found over the years, last one was in the 80s or something), and he came out and surrendered. Quite amazing, but his mind's going to be completely wrecked after spending so much time on his own, fighting his own personal war even after Japan surrendered.

Keep them alive, I say. After the killings by the Spanish and Portuguese, it's amazing some of them still live, their culture unchanged.

And the Brazillian government better do something about those loggings. Brazil should have (if they don't have already) strict rules when it comes to logging.

It would be sad to see them changed in any way. Besides if they were to try to contact them, they might get eaten alive.

Saw this on the news, it's really impressive, specially their reaction. They should put cameras all over the place like Big Brother, or if they get out of there, I WANT to see their reactions as they discover the modern world.

Damn it, my social experiment was discovered!

One of many.

Saw this on the news, it's really impressive, specially their reaction. They should put cameras all over the place like Big Brother, or if they get out of there, I WANT to see their reactions as they discover the modern world.

It would make an amazing documentary to show a few of them a load of technology, modern food, cities and everything.

It would make an amazing documentary to show a few of them a load of technology, modern food, cities and everything.

Exactly! We'll never have another opportunity like this. At least do the Big Brother thing.

And how can they live for thousands of years without advancing technologically?

And how can they live for thousands of years without advancing technologically?

For the same reason that the Aztecs and all those American tribes didn't.

The Europeans/Arabs developed their civilisations for many reasons, none of which apply to the Native-Americans.

Example: Necessity is the mother of invention. The American tribes live just fine, hunting and fishing with basic tools. The Mediterranean civilizations had fewer resources, thus, the need to live together instead of in several tribes, and the creation of machines and buildings, to optimize the few resources they had.

Not to mention the fact that it's hard to develop new technologies in a village with 10 people.

got to say, as a psychologist, i dont think we would get that interesting a reaction showing them modern life, asside from making them think we are magicians (lots of tribes think this when they first meet us)

let them be alone, why watch them? it may be interesting but it cant further our civilisation, only damage theirs. they probebly think they are the only humans, leave them too it.

Sign in to follow this