NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ultrajamie

So... Animal Crossing online is basically confirmed for E3, right?

What's the status of this one? After the EDGE article, abrupt denial by Ninty, and Reggie 'blockbuster' tease.... this has to be pretty much confirmed? Right?

let's not forget that animal crossing was mentioned a LOT during the pre-launch days of the wii and never materialised.

If it really is an MMO I'll pee my pants with joy. In fact, i'll pee pure joy, not wee.

Can you guys imagine how wonderful it would be simply to be able to invite a friend to your town? If they take it further than that simple improvement it'll be an epoch, I tell you!

An MMO would be terrible.

"CN I HV FR33 M4RI0 SET PLZ"

"no u n00b gtfo my town"

"OMG REPORTED"

1337 speak, people invading your town and hacking down all your hard-earned apple trees... Making Animal Crossing an MMO would improve the community aspect if everyone played nicely, but it won't happen. I think there's something more satisfying about being solitary in upkeeping your town, befriending the villagers and becoming a model citizen.

"no u n00b gtfo my town"

"OMG REPORTED"

1337 speak, people invading your town and hacking down all your hard-earned apple trees... Making Animal Crossing an MMO would improve the community aspect if everyone played nicely, but it won't happen. I think there's something more satisfying about being solitary in upkeeping your town, befriending the villagers and becoming a model citizen.

This is nintendo we're talking about... they'd surely have a more unique take on it than that

"no u n00b gtfo my town"

"OMG REPORTED"

Friend codes!

This is nintendo we're talking about... they'd surely have a more unique take on it than that

Like this?

Friend codes!

:heh:

By all means I think they should improve the online capabilities, but it's not the right IP for an MMO. Could they not just make a new IP for all you people desperately wanting an MMO on the Wii/DS?

Like this?

:heh:

By all means I think they should improve the online capabilities, but it's not the right IP for an MMO. Could they not just make a new IP for all you people desperately wanting an MMO on the Wii/DS?

They've proven that they are willing to changes IP's extensively for the touch generation... no reason to assume that the next iteration of Animal Crossing will simply be an update of what the first was about... in fact, more reason to assume the opposite.

"no u n00b gtfo my town"

"OMG REPORTED"

I think to some extent you are right. What I personally think will work is hub and then still having your villiage of your own... or perhaps with friends.They do need to improve upon the mechanic from the DS version as I don't think people will except the same version again. The major thing I want is interactive events which I think the wiimote is suitably set up for.

Personally a FFCC MMO would be better. But i would take any MMO.

But by having friends codes you will never have a true MMO on the Wii. it will just be online, not massively multi player.

They could just keep the FC bit of it but increase the amount of visitors allowed into a town at any one time.

They could just keep the FC bit of it but increase the amount of visitors allowed into a town at any one time.

I personally thought 4 was enough in Wild World. They need to get in some Voice Chat though, at 4 its hectic enough keeping up with conversations

I don't know about an MMO, but they definately need to do something different with Animal Crossing. I don't like the idea of having to trade friend codes with the entire world before I can play online.

Perhaps they could make it so you have your own town and you need friend codes to invite people into the town but then you could travel to a city like area that would be MMO. Perhaps the towns would be like suburbs. I never got wild world I just have the first one and I'll only get AC Wii if it has more to do or it comes out when not much else good is coming out on the Wii.

Or they ensure visiting players automatically fill in any holes they've dug and are unable to weild an axe (just why you'd take an axe when visiting friends, is anyones guess)

Personally a FFCC MMO would be better. But i would take any MMO.

But by having friends codes you will never have a true MMO on the Wii. it will just be online, not massively multi player.

What is it with people and wanting MMO's on consoles? It's a PC concept, always has, probably always will be.

What is it with you and being closed minded. Please explain why its a PC concept and always will be.

I think it will be interesting to see how MMOs are changed for consoles. Sure perhaps the exact way MMOs work will be different between PCs and Consoles, but the concept will be the same, the fun will all be there, the annoying 12 year olds will unfortunately always be there. But game development has always had alot of problem solving in it. Saying that the industry cannot solve a problem like this I'm sure they would find insulting.

Well, MMOs can work on consoles, but the structure has to be different it can't be a rushed job. Most people don't realize the commitment a MMO means, from developers, publishers and players.

An MMO animal crossing would be ruined by twelve-year old american vandals, I've given up on Live cos of all the sad little bastards determined to ruin other peoples games.

Although if Nintendo 'enchanted' the tools in AC so they only worked in the town they came from (and you had to get a certificate from the world owner to buy them in a store) that might limit vandalism a bit...

What is it with you and being closed minded. Please explain why its a PC concept and always will be.

I think it will be interesting to see how MMOs are changed for consoles. Sure perhaps the exact way MMOs work will be different between PCs and Consoles, but the concept will be the same, the fun will all be there, the annoying 12 year olds will unfortunately always be there. But game development has always had alot of problem solving in it. Saying that the industry cannot solve a problem like this I'm sure they would find insulting.

No offense, but I'd prefer to keep the kind of people you find on MMO's confined to one platform. And pretty much everyone who has a console has a PC anyway, so there's not really much of an audience for it sine anyone who needs an MMO can just get one of the many already available for them.

Animal Crossing's charms don't really come from online as far as I'm concerned. It's a bonus, but it's definately not something that should become the core of the franchise.

I'm sure Nintendo would be able to find a way to limit the power of 12 year olds. If Nintendo decided to do an MMO game, I'm sure it would work pretty well. They're the best developer in the industry. If they didn't know how to make it one of the best MMO games on the market, they wouldn't do it.

Everyone seems to have high expectations for this, I'm just going to say that I wouldn't be too surprised if this wasn't just a normal Animal Crossing title with online and connect24 slapped onto it.

Everyone seems to have high expectations for this, I'm just going to say that I wouldn't be too surprised if this wasn't just a normal Animal Crossing title with online and connect24 slapped onto it.

Me neither and I wouldn't mind. Anyone expecting a MMO is just setting themselves up for disapointment.

An MMO animal crossing would be ruined by twelve-year old american vandals, I've given up on Live cos of all the sad little bastards determined to ruin other peoples games.

Although if Nintendo 'enchanted' the tools in AC so they only worked in the town they came from (and you had to get a certificate from the world owner to buy them in a store) that might limit vandalism a bit...

that my friend is a brilliant idea

I don't get the link between "blockbuster" game aimed at "gamers" and "Animal Crossing" at all.

Wouldn't Animal Crossing be included in the batch of casual games they said they were announcing?

I don't get the link between "blockbuster" game aimed at "gamers" and "Animal Crossing" at all.

Wouldn't Animal Crossing be included in the batch of casual games they said they were announcing?

Maybe Animal Crossing World, an MMORPG?

Im sure both casual and hardcore would like that...

Does there need to be a link?

Sign in to follow this