NEurope
Jav_NE

Can You Put A Price On Friendship?

I was bored the other night and so i decided to see what other channels there are on Sky other than Sky One, Paramount and E4, which is all i watch. Somewhere amongst the radio channels i came accross a chatting service, and it got me wondering what kind of people actually phone in to it.

Basically a pretty girl sits on screen and viewers call up to talk to her at £1.50 a minute. That's it, just talk. Nothing else. Now, i'm not one to judge, but at least you get something exciting from sex chatlines. Sex sells as we all know. But to just speak to someone you dont even know on the tele, privately of course, just because she's pretty, i mean what the fuck?! Friendship sells too apparently.

These people must be very lonely or have little to no self esteem. I guess you really can put a price on friendship, but what's next? Will they start a service to play games with pretty girls on XBox Live or something?! I really doubt there's anything they wont do to try and exploit the lonely anymore.

It's likely some old lady with a young-sounding voice.

If you had to buy friendship you should get a refund.

even the sex ones bother me...

Yes some people are very sad.. The worst are the ringtone ones though

These things scare me....

Especially the texting ones! It's clearly some fat guy sitting in his boxers with a chinese takeaway resting on his stomach!

Just think about that if anyones EVER tempted to call! :D

That's true for the phone lines, but this is on TV. You can see the girl you're talking to live, and there's nothing X-rated about it. That's what i was getting at. Are people that desperate for friendship, or even just desperate to chat to pretty girls that they would phone up to speak to her at such a cost.

Only if it was really worth it, but paying £1.50 for one minute's conversation is bullshit.

If it's a service that some people feel obliged to use, then it has every right to exist.

However, if you're one of those people, then you'd probably be best using your free time on building up self-esteem and actually getting out.

Yeah but I get all of the phonecalls payed for in our business phone contract.

0891 50 50 50. This number is ingrained in my head. It's one of these services but it was a number back in the day that used to get blasted through my tv late at night when they used to make certain things louder when broadcasting. Can never forget this number now.

These sort of channels worry me in many different ways. The normal way to make friends is to go out and chat to people outside of the confinds of your house. These people on the channels don't give a monkeys about you and only care about how long they can keep you on the phone for, more money for them and more commission.

Bwaaaahahaha! The sad idiots who are actually willing pay for this crap are a source of infinite amusement to me. I wonder if the companies who run these lines actually have the balls to keep some of the desperate loosers on hold for ages before they get to the chat (like the old ITV late night quiz shows). So some poor fools are paying for their 'friend' to keep them on hold while they finish chatting to someone else!

You all owe me £1.50 for the time I took to be friendly and reply to this post.