N-Europe

Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One

Haver

Is anyone going to grab this tomorrow? I think you can get it on Xbox Live maybe? I don't know. I'll try and download it for the PC, but there's no mention of what cards you can use or anything so whether we'll be able to if we're CC-less is another matter.

This is a placeholder more or less.

But I am going to buy it if I can because the trailer is really funny.

http://www.playgreenhouse.com/featuredGame

I'll probably get the PC version, maybe not tomorrow but soon enough. I love the comic obviously and I think given their status as essentially gaming's moral voice, the Greenhouse could become a great platform for independent games.

I tried the Xbox demo, and I'm pretty sold on the whole thing. The fruit fuckers are as cute and perverted as ever, everything has the classic PA art style. I want to get the PC version but if the download's slow I may get the Xbox version, for the sake of convenience.

Cool cool cool

My download just stopped :(

I think the server is getting it from every angle.

Edit: I forgot that this is not a normal operation. You can just get this thing from mirrors and they're cool with that. The demo is also the same as the full game. I'm downloading from Gamer's Hell.

Downloaded from GH in 10 minutes.

---------------------------------------------

So: it's pretty good. It is genuinely funny, especially the narrator. Combat is actually pretty fun as well, and I love the little pokes at traditional video game stuff, like the NPCs with absolutely fuck all information. I like the art style (remember to turn the cel-shading on), and the atmosphere is great.

The starting sequence is actually fucking brilliant, I had a massive grin on my face. I think the cut scenes are the best part of this. An animated PA toon would be the best thing.

You also get the feeling if that Tycho just stopped fucking around, he could be a fantastic video game writer, like one of the best in the biz.

It's not a full meal but it is a delicious snack.

OK, three delicious snacks and a beer.

Just done Blondie over, on to the pier with the Crazy Mime-Cult: I loved that animation! God these guys could make a good cartoon.

You also get the feeling if that Tycho just stopped fucking around, he could be a fantastic video game writer, like one of the best in the biz.

Gotta hand it to him though, he's stayed independent, he's done his own thing and he's slowly setting up his own media empire. That's not the dream, that's every artist's god damn fantasy.

Definitely. It's a good game, but the reason it's really enjoyable is because amost everything you read in the thing is extremely funny. I've had a few genuine belly laughs at simple things like reading what the game has to say when I investigate an old horse drawn cart or a fucking mailbox.

The cutscenes are beautiful as well.

1211390728946.jpg

1211390767367.jpg

1211390784057.jpg

1211390811698.jpg

Guest Jordan

Played the demo, roffled my ass off in a couple of bits and i don't even read PA... I'll probably get it at some point :)

God, I laughed so hard at the ancient evil Mime God. Even though I'm battling mimes and trying to stop them from plunging the universe into eternal darkness, the sense of impending doom is amazing. It's incredibly funny (have I mentioned that?) yet the atmosphere and the plot are genuinely excellent. Very Lovecraft.

Loved the demo, probably gonna get it for PC, I just don't wanna spend much money right now :P It was hard to break the cycle of buying games, manga and collectibles every freaking week.

Love the fruit-fuckers random conversations "You're not gay if it's a robot" lol. P-A ftw