NEurope

Is the acting commendably bad because its a dream, or is that just the usual standard?

Thats the best acting I've seen in Smallville if that answers the question. :p

I have a friend who genuinely watches it as a comedy. Like...upto date on everything, watched it all he just gets kicks out of its shit and funnyness.

Isn't there just a general rule of thumb that if its old then its fairly free game (unless its huge). I'd understand if it was recent but weren't Daft and Jon talking about stuff that is 5 years old?

Re: SOA I think its got another season, but isn't it a summer show? That could be the reason for its list absence as that list is for the 2010-11 season, which would be next summer for SOA (and as such wouldn't have been announced yet)

Perhaps, but personally I dislike any such practice - for instance shows like 24 I'm only on season 2 (or 3?) and while one could argue that it is a mundane practice to catch up, I'd still like to enjoy the shows 'afresh' as viewers were able to when they aired, regardless of how ancient their premier may have been.

Yeah SOA is a summer show, and actually now that I think about it, I'm fairly sure that, along with Southland, you made a post a while back confirming their seasons 2/3!

Well there should be a line somewhere otherwise we'll never be able to talk about a show without possibly spoiling someone whose not caught up.

Is the acting commendably bad because its a dream, or is that just the usual standard?

It's a show about a boy who shoots fire from his eyes and grows up to wear pants on the outside of a full body leotard. It's not going to take itself too seriously.

There's a considerable gap between 'taking itself seriously' and 'being shit'

It's a show about a boy who shoots fire from his eyes and grows up to wear pants on the outside of a full body leotard. It's not going to take itself too seriously.

Chuck is a show about a guy who has all the government's secrets in his head and has a cover girlfriend who is hot as all get out and yet they can act.

There's a difference between being farcical and poor acting.

There's a considerable gap between 'taking itself seriously' and 'being shit'

There is indeed. There's also a considerable gap between your opinion and me giving a shit.

Chuck is a show about a guy who has all the government's secrets in his head and has a cover girlfriend who is hot as all get out and yet they can act.

There's a difference between being farcical and poor acting.

Then Chuck is an exception, they're plenty of shows I can think of that have outlandish plots and shit acting that many on here seem to enjoy.

There is indeed. There's also a considerable gap between your opinion and me giving a shit.

Then Chuck is an exception, they're plenty of shows I can think of that have outlandish plots and shit acting that many on here seem to enjoy.

I'd say even something as crappy as Gossip Girl still manages to squeeze more out of (most of) its actors than whoever that was playing the woman in that clip. Granted judging from a one minute clip isn't fair as such, but it was spectacularly bad acting.

Well there should be a line somewhere otherwise we'll never be able to talk about a show without possibly spoiling someone whose not caught up.

We can - we have spoiler tags for that exact purpose :P I do see what you mean, but in general references to a show, such as the HIMYM/Arrested Development gifs and quotes do not spoil the show because they are taken out of context, but something that reveals the plot or story that detracts from the enjoyment of watching a show afresh should be locked up in their tags, for decency's sake.

We can - we have spoiler tags for that exact purpose :P I do see what you mean, but in general references to a show, such as the HIMYM/Arrested Development gifs and quotes do not spoil the show because they are taken out of context, but something that reveals the plot or story that detracts from the enjoyment of watching a show afresh should be locked up in their tags, for decency's sake.

By this logic this whole thread and the Rate...TV thread should be in spoiler tags :p

Tags are easier than forgetting crucial plot elements. I think it's fair enough that we should tag pretty much all our drama discussions at least.

Started V last night.

Not bad! It's pretty interesting, although I expected a bit more ambiguity around the motives and such of the visitors. Having them shown as evil almost immediately felt a little...abrupt. That said, the paranoia element that creates with the Vs being potentially anywhere, at any time is in itself quite rewarding so I don't mind much.

also massive That Guy casting from BSG, Lost, The 4400 and Whedon-land. Good times.

By this logic this whole thread and the Rate...TV thread should be in spoiler tags :p

Being informed about whether a show has another season coming or not doesn't affect viewing a show in the same way as finding out Aeris dies (!), and generally people's reviews of TV shows are in spoiler tags for the large part. An overview/blurb of an episode that wouldn't be amiss from a TV schedule are common and give a viewer an idea of what to expect, rather than spelling out the entire course of the programme which would make the actual sitting and watching completely null and void.

My logic concedes that not everything needs to be in spoiler tags! I know that the season finale for smallville is epiccool but I don't know why. You must accept that there's a difference?

I'm not going to try and define the line any further because it's totally ridiculous to try and construct rules and procedures to prevent anything being spoiled ever, but judgment and common sense should make it clear when a tag is needed or not [/obv.], and I still stick with my decision that sparked this racket - summarizing smallville's seasons ought to be in spoiler tags so that people can choose whether to read up or not.

Being informed about whether a show has another season coming or not doesn't affect viewing a show in the same way as finding out Aeris dies (!), and generally people's reviews of TV shows are in spoiler tags for the large part. An overview/blurb of an episode that wouldn't be amiss from a TV schedule are common and give a viewer an idea of what to expect, rather than spelling out the entire course of the programme which would make the actual sitting and watching completely null and void.

My logic concedes that not everything needs to be in spoiler tags! I know that the season finale for smallville is epiccool but I don't know why. You must accept that there's a difference?

I'm not going to try and define the line any further because it's totally ridiculous to try and construct rules and procedures to prevent anything being spoiled ever, but judgment and common sense should make it clear when a tag is needed or not [/obv.], and I still stick with my decision that sparked this racket - summarizing smallville's seasons ought to be in spoiler tags so that people can choose whether to read up or not.

God's honest truth, I couldn't give a crap ^_^

But spoilers are always problematic because you have someone like Paj who considers every little thing a spoiler. And you can have rules, I know plenty of places that work fine on the "x days after an episode airs its free game" approach.

The ironic thing is, depending on your take on Smallville (stuff actually happens vs its a big camp tv show) you could argue you could spoiler the hell out of it, it won't matter.

NBC Upfronts News

Chuck is once again on the same timeslot and same day (Monday 8pm) that puts it up against stiff competition like House -_- (unless other networks change). Joined by 'Chase' and 'The Event' (two new shows).

Parks and Rec is now midseason. As are the new shows 'The Cape' (the Kick Ass-esque show starring Summer Glau), 'Harry's Law', 'Perfect Couples' and 'Friends with Benefits' (which stars Ryan Hansen, but Fran Kranz is no longer on the show).

Heroes and Law and Order are cancelled (as previous reported) and there may be TV-movies to wrap them up.

Community, 30 Rock and The Office still make up the Thursday night comedy block with new shows 'Outsourced' and 'Love Bites' joining them. Presumably the two new shows are only half season orders to make room for Community and FWB come midseason but its not clear.

Friday Night Lights is still TBD.

Fox's Schedule

Monday - House and 'Lonestar'

Tuesday - Glee, 'Raising Hope' and 'Running Wilde'

Weds - Lie To Me, Hell's Kitchen

Thursday - Bones, Fringe

Friday - Human Target, The Good Guys

Sunday - The Simpsons, Cleveland Show, Family Guy, American Dad

Midseason

Monday - 'Ride-Along' replacing 'Lonestar'

Tuesday - 'Mixed Signals' replacing 'Running Wilde'

Wednesday - 'Raising Hope', American Idol results and Glee

Thursday - Bones, Fringe

Friday - Human Target, Kitchen Nightmare

Sunday - American Dad, The Simpsons, 'Bob's Burgers', Family Guy, The Cleveland Show

Edited by Ashley

Has anyone seen Human Target? Curious if it's any good.

Yeah been watching it. So far I think its pretty good, nice action show. Ive never read the comic so I cant compare it with that. The one thing im not sure about is the main actor, theres nothing particularly wrong with him but theres just something there that I dont like but cant say what it is.

Yeah been watching it. So far I think its pretty good, nice action show. Ive never read the comic so I cant compare it with that. The one thing im not sure about is the main actor, theres nothing particularly wrong with him but theres just something there that I dont like but cant say what it is.

Agreed. He seems a bit too relaxed at times. Still, it's an entertaining show. Although the one about the British Royal Family was a bit odd.

God's honest truth, I couldn't give a crap ^_^

But spoilers are always problematic because you have someone like Paj who considers every little thing a spoiler.

I'm a supporter of spoiler tagging everything that refers to the show elements specifically.

To be honest, If I didn't know that

Buffy died at the end of Buffy Season 5, I would have found the whole thing a lot more poignant/thrilling etc. That was ruined cause of lack of spoilers (not here though). Just needless. Obviously I knew she survived..I'd seen bits of Season 7 before, but the act itself would have been more shocking in itself.

I also hate how comic book covers and blurbs are released MONTHS in advance. It totally dilutes the intentions of the writer if they do something shocking or meant to be "!!!" when it's being talked about for months beforehand.

And of course my hatred of DVD blurbs./ Most trailers.

Yeah but you have to understand once a show is off air for years people aren't going to think "oh someone may not have seen it" yeah? I watched Buffy posthumously and it was annoying knowing what happens at times, but that's my prerogative for watching so late (started with the finale, of course).

But as you mention it, Sky One did get some flak for this trailer for the Buffy season five finale:

I'll admit, that's a bit TMI

^ Lol! That's actually my worst fear/most hated thing ever. Pointlessly taking bits from the Angel finale that reference the spoiler too, just to hit the point home.