NEurope

Its a nice enough video but its still fan made, why are you posting it in the news thread? Its not like this is the season 10 announcement, thats been known for a while now.

I should technically watch Smallville. I love Superheroes, and my new thing is TV shows.

Plus I watched the first 3 seasons on TV. Is it actualy good? I hear such conflict. I know that it's meant to have "got good" recently, but was the stuff before bad?

I saw a picture for the Justice Society episode/movie, I loved Dr.Fate and Stargirl. :p

Ive watched Smallville from the beginning, the first 7 seasons are more teen series but 8 and 9 now that its pretty much moved to Metropolis have been really good. I find with Smallville that as long as you accept that its not the usual DC universe so things can happen differently then you can enjoy it. Id love it if once it finished DC carried on with it in comic form as one of the 52 Earths.

You could probably start watching it from 8 to be honest. You will miss out on some of that oh it's that guy from that episode! as well as a lot of why doesn't clark just do that thing like he did in that episode ages ago. Of course, watching it all gives you that little bit more of that wholesome canonical knowledge.

Also, if not watching from the start you might be able to look at Kristin Kreuk and not want to punch her in the face

To be fair Kruek seasons 1-3 was fine, season 4 onwards her character just got worse and worse.

(dammnit I wrote half o this then the tab disappeared)

This is by no means a complete list as I got bored, but an indication. Feel free to correct me if I've gotten something wrong.

Renewed for next season

Lie To Me (Fox)

Human Target (Fox)

Glee (Fox)

Big Love (HBO)

Entourage (HBO) (back this summer)

Mad Men (AMN)

Desperate Housewives (ABC)

Grey's Anatomy (ABC)

The Middle (ABC)

Cougar Town (ABC) - Possibly with a name change. Lawrence jokes 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and Neighbors'.

Modern Family (ABC)

Castle (ABC)

30 Rock (NBC)

Community (NBC)

Parks and Rec (NBC)

The Office (NBC) - Apparently Carrell's last season

Gossip Girl (The CW)

90210 (The CW)

Supernatural (The CW)

Smallville (The CW)

Canceled (or coming to a natural end)

The Sarah Silverman Show (HBO)

Lost (ABC)

Hank (ABC)

Scrubs (ABC)

24 (FOX)

Ugly Betty (NBC)

Dollhouse (FOX)

Defying Gravity (ABC)

Eastwick (ABC)

On the Bubble (i.e. undecided)

Chuck (NBC) - Constantly going from OMG DIRE CHANCES to 'Should be okay'. Currently on the okay.

Romantically Challenged (ABC)

Two and a Half Men (CBS) - while renewed for 2 seasons Sheen has still yet to decide if he's returning which is causing some questions about the series' future.

New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS)

Ghost Whisperer (CBS) - ABC may pick this and Old Christine up.

Mercy (NBC) - Not looking good

The Deep End (ABC)

FlashForward (ABC)

The Forgotten (ABC)

V (ABC)

Heroes (NBC)

Trauma (NBC)

Numb3rs (CBS)

Medium (CBS)

Accidentally on Purpose (CBS)

Cold Case (CBS)

Gary Unmarried (CBS)

Fringe (Fox) - Good chances of pickup

Life Unexpected (The CW)

Melrose Place (The CW) - not likely to return

Happy Town (ABC) - Not canceled yet but after 4 episodes its been put on the backbench to burn off over the summer so...

Party Down (Starz)

Pick Ups

RideAlong (Fox) - "RideAlong" is set in Chicago and follows a rogue cowboy cop and the city's first female police chief as they try to clean up the streets.

Midland (Fox) (may be named 'Lone Star') - "Midland" is a dramatic soap about a con man in the oil industry.

Traffic Light (Fox) - Based on an Israeli series of the same name, revolves around three male friends in different stages of relationships.

Keep Hope Alive (Fox) - A single parent raising an infant with the help of his quirky family after the mother of the baby -- with whom he had a one-night stand -- ends up on death row.

Running Wilde (Fox) - Mitch Hurwitz's latest comedy "Wilde Kingdom" has been a runner-up candidate, starring Will Arnett (who also co-wrote the pilot) as a Beverly Hills jerk who falls in love with a charitable tree-hugging woman (Keri Russell) who can't stand his lifestyle or values.

Wilfred (FX) - Adapted from Australian original by David Zuckerman ("Family Guy"). The live action comedy is about a girl, her dog Wilfred and her boyfriend, Adam -- except only Adam can see that Wilfred is actually a man dressed in a blatant dog costume.

Perfect Couples (NBC) - Comedy about three couples who try and establish what makes a perfect couple. From Jon Pollack ("30 Rock") and Scott Silveri ("Friends").

The Event (NBC) - "An emotional high-octane conspiracy thriller that follows Sean Walker (Jason Ritter, "The Class"), an Everyman who investigates the mysterious disappearance of his fiancée, Leila (Sarah Roemer, "Disturbia"), and unwittingly begins to expose the biggest cover-up in U.S. history." Steve Stark (“Medium,” “Facing Kate”) serves as executive producer, Nick Wauters ("The 4400," "Eureka") is creator/co-executive producer and Jeffrey Reiner (“Friday Night Lights,” “Trauma”) is the director/executive producer.

Outsourced (NBC) - Remember that BBC show about a guy whose outsourced to their Indian call centre office? That, but starting in America.

Love Bites (NBC) - "An hour-long romantic comedy anthology series featuring three loosely connected, modern stories of love, sex, marriage and dating. Each episode contains multiple vignettes, all illuminating the theme of love with an edgy, irreverent spin."

Undercovers (NBC) - J.J. Abrams' new show. "Stars British actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Boris Kodjoe as a married couple who are re-activated as CIA agents after years of retirement."

Chase (NBC) - "A fast-paced drama that drops viewers smack into the middle of a game of cat-and-mouse as a team of U.S. marshals hunts down America's most dangerous fugitives"

No Ordinary Family (ABC) - Drama about a family who discover they have super powers. Stars Michael Chiklis (The Shield) and Julie Benz (Dexter, Buffy/Angel).

Episodes (Showtime) - Comedy about a British comedy that is adapted for America starring Matt LeBlanc (Friends) and Richard Griffiths (Harry Potter).

The Borgias (Showtime) - Like The Tudors but based on the Italian Renaissance family The Borgias.

The Walking Dead (AMN) - Based on the comic book.

Edited by Ashley

Told you I would have forgotten some :p

Mighty Morphin Nickelodeon Rangers

Nickelodeon have purchased the rights to the Power Rangers franchise from Disney and will air the previous episodes (all 700 of them!) on Nicktoons later in the year (presumably in America but I'd imagine similar will happen over here) and will produce a new season (20 episodes) for next year.

Source

940full-mighty-morphin-power-rangers-screenshot.jpg

"Aye-yi-yi-yi-yi!"

I really wish that rumour of them re-releasing the original series with updated effects earlier this year had been true, I want more MMPR!

The Walking Dead (AMN) - Based on the comic book.

Fuck yeah.

Although FlashForward makes me sad, cos its fucking awesome.

Bye bye Heroes! You were amazingly uninspiring.

What?! Ugly Betty is ending?! Lame...

Heroes may still be back. The latest scuttlebutt is with NBC picking up a lot it probably wont be back for a season but maybe as a finale "event" (eg 2 hours).

And yeah, Ugly Betty is over.

(Especially if it gets a 5th season) Heroes has got to be one of the longest running ruined shows!

Other than what I posted...? :p

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/home.aspx is pretty good for looking into pilots. I've posted all the pickups I could find thus far, but the upfronts (where networks announce their new schedules) have yet to happen so still more to come.

Bye bye Heroes! You were amazingly uninspiring.

What?! Ugly Betty is ending?! Lame...

Oxymoron win. :p

I hope everyone watched The Walking Dead. Because it is actually actually going to be amazing. As in.....actually amazing.

I should technically watch Smallville. I love Superheroes, and my new thing is TV shows.

Plus I watched the first 3 seasons on TV. Is it actualy good? I hear such conflict. I know that it's meant to have "got good" recently, but was the stuff before bad?

I saw a picture for the Justice Society episode/movie, I loved Dr.Fate and Stargirl. :p

You liked Buffy, so you'd probably like Smallville. The early going was basically Dawsons Creek but the main guy can run like Usain Bolt. Featuring a different freak of the week and Clark forever dreaming of being in Lana's pants. That basically continued along with the slow introduction to the Superman Mythos. The later seasons are where it's gets better but I do enjoy going back and watching the older ones. One thing i've noticed from that is how much nicer Kristin Kreuk used to look in the earlier season to what she did in the later ones. She was never obviously fat but it seems like she looks even more like a stick insect in later years.

It's probably been my favourite TV show, it was the first I became pretty obsessed about and it's weird to think it's been on since I was 15/16. It's also featured some pretty awesome music in it, though it doesn't feature too much commercial music nowadays.

Jay, it's amazing how many times you watch it and notice things you didn't the million other times you had watched that episode.

The only redeeming feature of Smallville is that some day it will end.

I just can't believe how drawn out Smallville got!!

The first two series, fine... but then seriously, it was like the same thing every season, for AGES!! The Clarke, Lana, Lex relationship became absolutely aweful!

Oxymoron win. :p

I hope everyone watched The Walking Dead. Because it is actually actually going to be amazing. As in.....actually amazing.

Tense win :p

I just can't believe how drawn out Smallville got!!

The first two series, fine... but then seriously, it was like the same thing every season, for AGES!! The Clarke, Lana, Lex relationship became absolutely aweful!

I'm pretty sure you could condense the first 8 seasons into about 3 episodes and not have lost anything.

I'm pretty sure you could condense the first 8 seasons into about 3 episodes and not have lost anything.

The first 4 season yes. The later 4 no.