N-Europe

Castlevania Wii Rumour Resurfaces

Hero-of-Time

From GoNintendo

Reader Rafo sent me two links that state that Konami confirmed a Castlevania title for the Wii. I was actually talking about the rumored game last night with a member of the game press, who shall go unnamed. The first link really doesn’t state any information other than listing a confirmation of the Wii title. The second link is the one that’s much more telling.

According to the second link, Shinji Hirano, executive VP for Konami USA, stated that new Castlevania titles were heading to the Wii and DS. He also stated that we will learn more information about these titles come next week, when Konami is holding a press event in the US. Mr. Hirano is said to have made this announcement at an even in San Paulo. I can confirm that there is indeed a Konami event next week, but I cannot confirm that Mr. Hirano was in San Paulo earlier this week.

It would seem a bit silly for someone to make this information up. They clearly state that next week we will learn more information. If this was news was fake, we would quickly learn the truth next week. Seems a long way to go for just a few days of speculation. Of course, I have to keep in mind that there are evil people out there…ones that love to start floods of false info!

More than a few people thought Nintendo Power was referring to a new Castlevania title with their tease for next month’s issue. We know for sure that there is a new DS title coming. Here’s some more fuel for the Wii fire.

Once again let the speculation commence.

Heard this as much as the Skies rumour now :heh: Good if it was indeed true. Guess we'll just wait till the event next week. Another Castlevania rumour added to the list.

Does go with the NP thing mind you...

Hopefully it's the real deal.

I like the Castletroid/ Metroidvania ones. :eek: And I kinda like the N64 one too. We can all imagine how cool it would be for them to unleash some Belmont on the Wii where we could actually use the whip and other weapons... but Konami haven't been amazing with the Wii thus far so Vania could be a turning point if it does materialise.

Just make the Wiimote the stake and the nunchuk the hammer and let me hammer it into Dracula, cos if anyone deserves a stake through the heart, its him.

I like the Castletroid/ Metroidvania ones. :eek: And I kinda like the N64 one too. We can all imagine how cool it would be for them to unleash some Belmont on the Wii where we could actually use the whip and other weapons... but Konami haven't been amazing with the Wii thus far so Vania could be a turning point if it does materialise.

Just make the Wiimote the stake and the nunchuk the hammer and let me hammer it into Dracula, cos if anyone deserves a stake through the heart, its him.

Eledees and Pro Evo disagrees with you :)

Steve, how can you like the N64 Castlevanias??!! They were both terrible and should be forgotten about. I remember I got the 1st one on release day and was so disappointed.

I was thinking about Pro Evo and Eledees as I typed that... but the likes of Target Terror and Konami generally having little plans announced for the Wii was what I was getting at. :heh:

I think Castlevania 64 must be one of my guilty pleasures. I enjoyed some bits of it like running from Frankenstein through the garden maze- its not a classic game, but its not unplayable. Never mind that though, hows about you tell me why I hate the site of Metroid but like Castletroid? Eh??

I was thinking about Pro Evo and Eledees as I typed that... but the likes of Target Terror and Konami generally having little plans announced for the Wii was what I was getting at. :heh:

I think Castlevania 64 must be one of my guilty pleasures. I enjoyed some bits of it like running from Frankenstein through the garden maze- its not a classic game, but its not unplayable. Never mind that though, hows about you tell me why I hate the site of Metroid but like Castletroid? Eh??

*shudders at bolded text*

Maybe you feel threatened by a woman with a gun or maybe you feel more at home with a man who has a whip? :)

Only 3D Castlevania I've played was the N64 one and I didn't think that it was that bad. Got lost in these underground tunnels and could be bothered to finish it but might dust it off over the summer.

It's about time Konami gave another one of it's big franchises to the Wii I recon. Castlevania would make a lot of sense, would be especially cool if they put some kind of casting abilities in there as well. Funny though... I wouldn't think that Lego Indy would beat this to the first "Wii Whip" game!

*shudders at bolded text*

Maybe you feel threatened by a woman with a gun or maybe you feel more at home with a man who has a whip? :)

To put a positive spin on the two words "Target Terror" just think back to the level of the same name in Krazy Kremland in DKC 2.

I don't know what else your trying to insinuate there, but as far as gaming goes it seems I'm in the man with a whip camp. :heh:

I don't know what else your trying to insinuate there, but as far as gaming goes it seems I'm in the man with a whip camp. :heh:

I would never think that about you....so....lovely weather were having :heh:

Anyway, back to the topic. The one thing I will say about the Castlevania series is that no matter how the game plays the music is always top notch and helps draw you into the game.

I'm a huge fan of the recent DS Castlevania's but I can't remember Castlevania 64 (I guess barely playing it may be the reason). One to look out for then to relive!

But I do agree Hero-of-Time, music has always been top notch, I for one would love to see a new Castlevania on the Wii, and the DS ones haven't done me wrond thus far.

I remember quite liking castlevania 64 but I think I also remember it getting pretty bad reviews. Portrait of Ruin on the DS is amaazing so if they can do something like this for the wii that would rule. hahaha imagine watching someone playing constantly making the whipping motion with the wiimote.

To put a positive spin on the two words "Target Terror" just think back to the level of the same name in Krazy Kremland in DKC 2.

I knew I'd heard Target Terror before. Couldn't place it until now.

I've never really played a Castlevania properly...borrowed one of the DS games from my mate but never really got into it, didn't have the manual etc so I couldn't really work anything out. Gave up after about 2 hours playing.

If we filter this in to the rumours we've already read, then Castlewiinia (hardee har har) is pretty much a sure thing:

Quartermann dishes platform details on a trio of new Castlevanias.

By Stephen Munn | May 2, 2008

It’s been a whirlwind of new data that we’ve seen on the upcoming Castlevania games, first with information on the third DS episode, Order of Ecclesia, and later on the not yet specified Castlevania Judgment. The newest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, which arrived in my inbox today, has another chunk of info in the micro-rumor sidebar “Q-Tips” in Quartermann’s rumor column as follows.

Castlevania’s coming back in a big way, with at least three new games on tap: One for DS, a Wii version, and another stab at 3D on PS3 and XB360.

So that would imply two things: The Wii version of the game will be 2D, and either that or the PS3/360 version would be Judgment. It will be interesting to watch how this develops. Castlevania: Lament of Innocence sold me a PS2, this has the potential to sell me a PS3… at which point I could replace my lost copy of Lament of Innocence and finally pick up Curse of Darkness as well… hmm…

Source: EGM 229, Page 48

I found that here and as you can see, they source EGM.

No X360/PS3 version please, otherwise they'll make sure they nail the 3D this time just so we have the lesser version in a way (lower budget, secondary, blahblahblah).

Just focus on this one Konami.

I'm gonna guess it's WiiWare. Konami announced three WiiWare titles (Critter Round-Up, Fresco Beach and Crescendo), it'd be nice to see them break the casual trend with a lovely new 2D Castlevania.
They're free to do that, but I'd say the 43 MB limit is a pretty big limitation for a full fledged game like Castlevania.

I wouldn't mind if they nailed a 3D version, but I doubt it lol
but the higher the budget the higher the focus/the most people entangled with it... otherwise it'll be crap (well it can turn crap either way, this is the castlevania team) but you get my point; they're not a multiplatform team, they should focus, or rather, settle... on something.

On the wishes side... I wish this was the Odin Sphere of the Castlevanias (next gen 2D animation/detail :D)

If this turns out to be true my life will be complete. I wanna whip with the wiimote and hear the crack of it come out of the speaker. Oh yes! Dear God make this happen and be a fully fledged disc based game too with that awesome castlevania music

If this turns out to be true my life will be complete. I wanna whip with the wiimote and hear the crack of it come out of the speaker. Oh yes! Dear God make this happen and be a fully fledged disc based game too with that awesome castlevania music

20010627h.gif

but the higher the budget the higher the focus/the most people entangled with it... otherwise it'll be crap (well it can turn crap either way, this is the castlevania team) but you get my point; they're not a multiplatform team, they should focus, or rather, settle... on something.

On the wishes side... I wish this was the Odin Sphere of the Castlevanias (next gen 2D animation/detail :D)

I know what you're saying and I do want the Wii to get the best efforts, but since I have a 360 and if they wouldnt make good use of the Wiimote I rather have it on a 360. BUT, they could make awesome use of the wiimote and make it 3D. Still, I prefer that they stick to 2D

I know what you're saying and I do want the Wii to get the best efforts, but since I have a 360 and if they wouldnt make good use of the Wiimote I rather have it on a 360. BUT, they could make awesome use of the wiimote and make it 3D. Still, I prefer that they stick to 2D
They can do whatever they want, but multiple games in development is not a good idea. DS, Wii, PS3/X360? that's like a production factory, has everything to be a trainwreck or starting to compromise the projects.

Also, if they did a good 3D game I think they could use the wiimote pretty well, as most adventure games have been using it (even stuff not done from the ground like tomb raider on the Wii); good use of the Wiimote is a matter of optimization rather than a matter of working or not (taking exceptions aside)