Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Should You Trade In Your Wii?

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro Evo single handedly restored my faith in Konami's seabassio soccer squad. And so I now look forward to their wii output (apart from DDR.)

Elebits!!! (Chuckle) is awesome. Self-created levels were amazing. Utterly amazing. Who would have thought wanging items could be so much fun?

The Wii's an awesome console, most people don't look past Nintendo's titles though.

I agree...i love my Wii! and i can't argue with the release dates lately cause NOE have released a few brilliant games here first!

I do hope E3 brings even more interesting titles! : peace:

It's a sad day when I can no longer tell if this is a joke post or not.

You say the same about your post...

MoH, sonic?

ha. never in a million years would you put them in the same league as Okami and pes.

Here you go dont take it too seriously though.

Why you should keep it.

5. VC

4. Its politically safe.

3. Backwards compatible.

2. Your girlfriend will like it.

1. 1st party games.

Why you should sell it.

5. No DVD player in it.

4. Noveltys gone.

3. Poor 3rd party support.

2. Shoddy online.

1. Cash in for great trade in value.

MoH, sonic?

ha. never in a million years would you put them in the same league as Okami and pes.

Exactly. I thought your post was a joke. REUC is alrightish, but Sonic is awful (though not as bad as the 360/PS3 version), Medal of Honor is the worst in a pretty piss poor series, NiGHTS was like a dagger through my heart. The Saturn version was so good, how the hell did the sequel end up like that? My God. Mercury is fun for a solid hour or so (I'm basing this on the PSP version, admittedly).

Okami and RE4 are excellent, but I already own them. If you think that that is a list of quality third party games, then fine. But I personally wouldn't touch stuff like Sonic and the Secret Rings or Medal of Honor with a very long pole.

I think the Wii is a fine console, but if you can't see that besides a few exceptions, the third party line up is dire then you're either blind or have very odd taste in games.

Well, they got the shoddy online right. Mario Kart Wii is going in the right direction but it is not quite there yet.

But really, besides the lack of RPGs, I don't have any real complaints about the Wii and I honestly believe I got my money's worth, if not more.

It is certainly the best damn Nintendo system since the SNES, IMHO.

It is certainly the best damn Nintendo system since the SNES, IMHO.

:o Y'know what, you're probably right. Although I see the N64 as AMAZING, I am admittedly seeing it through rose-tinted goggles (it helped me through my late teens!).

The fact I can play most of my games with my family means I love wii. And for those few that I can't ... Well, they are generally of an OK quality.

Wii ftw!

It's a bit unfair the only good things pointed out about the Wii are the Virtual Console and first-party support. There's a hell of a lot more to it, and whoever said the console's third-party support is shoddy is an idiot in my opinion!

I can see where the consensus would come from, but it's hard to fault games like Trauma Center, SSX Blur, Sonic and Monkey Ball (well, for some of you) and when people claim there's no good support from third parties it makes you wonder where they're getting their opinions from.

I forgot about Trauma Center, that's a good game. I haven't played SSX Blur, but I haven't really liked an SSX game yet so I doubt it's for me.

As bad as Sonic is (and it is really, really bad imo) it's nowhere near Monkey Ball bad. Man. The original and the sequel were excellent, but three just doesn't feel like Monkey Ball. They've taken it into a completely different direction that just doesn't suit the game at all. It was a huge disappointment.

whoever said the console's third-party support is shoddy is an idiot in my opinion!

Care to expand on that? You're staff, you're not supposed to act like a ten year old and call someone an idiot for having a different opinion :wink:

Banana Blitz is a love/hate game though at the end of the day. I've seen reviews praising it for its controls and others saying how they don't work at all. It really split the gaming audience in two - and that's the reason, the controls. From what I can gather it's those who don't 'get' the Wii control method for Monkey Ball that dislike the game. It takes getting used to.

As for calling out people for being idiots, I didn't actually mean anyone on these forums (even though there will be those who say otherwise). Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but in the case of this video it's a bit outlandish to say one of the Wii's bad points is the lack of decent third-party support. It wouldn't be if that was a specific person's opinion, but when it's hardly balanced out with good points (where's the praise for the console appealing to a wider audience and having such innovative control methods?) it's hard to take anything too seriously.

Ah Trauma Centre, great game. I like Banana Blitz actually, and I think Red Steels pretty good aswell, looking forward to the sequal since it sounds like they're putting effort into it.

My sister beats me in the mini-games in Banana Blitz :(

The Wii's an awesome console, most people don't look past Nintendo's titles though.

Most people don't even look past the casual titles. My friend got a Wii last weekend and only bought Wii Play with it. So I gave him a list of my top 5 Wii games.

People these days can't look past the rubbish titles and the big name titles.

When people say all the Wii games suck, I ask them what Wii games they've played and usually the only ones they've played are Wii sports and Wii play. I try to recommend them games like Mario Galaxy, they say, Mario is for kids. I try to recommend them Metroid, they say its not as good as 360 shooters meanwhile its way better than a great deal of them. I try and recommend them Smash Bros, they say its to short, when they've only played the adventure mode. I try and recommend Mario Kart, they say the same thing they did for Galaxy. I try and recommend Excite Truck, they say its not realistic enough. I try and recommend them NIGHTS, they say its a little girls game. I try and recommend Zelda, they say its boring or for losers or something like that.

Do people need to be shooting some Nazi's head off to be entertained these days. They say they're gamers but all they play are generic FPS and Car games. I'm getting really annoyed with all the faders these days.

And sonic and the secret rings was an awful game, don't even go there.

Most people don't even look past the casual titles. My friend got a Wii last weekend and only bought Wii Play with it. So I gave him a list of my top 5 Wii games.

People these days can't look past the rubbish titles and the big name titles.

When people say all the Wii games suck, I ask them what Wii games they've played and usually the only ones they've played are Wii sports and Wii play. I try to recommend them games like Mario Galaxy, they say, Mario is for kids. I try to recommend them Metroid, they say its not as good as 360 shooters meanwhile its way better than a great deal of them. I try and recommend them Smash Bros, they say its to short, when they've only played the adventure mode. I try and recommend Mario Kart, they say the same thing they did for Galaxy. I try and recommend Excite Truck, they say its not realistic enough. I try and recommend them NIGHTS, they say its a little girls game. I try and recommend Zelda, they say its boring or for losers or something like that.

Do people need to be shooting some Nazi's head off to be entertained these days. They say they're gamers but all they play are generic FPS and Car games. I'm getting really annoyed with all the faders these days.

And sonic and the secret rings was an awful game, don't even go there.

Yeah it's annoying.

But you have to remember Mario kart isn't a core game anymore, it's a casual/party game, unlike the SNES and DS games where the skill-luck balance was very good.

Also, Smash is great but it's a party game now aswell more than the series has ever been; hardcore gamers don't really go for party games.

And you can't suggest metroid to people. it's aimed at a VERY niche market so everyone who is interested in it will have already bought it.

MoH, sonic?

Why the hell do I have to put them in the same league? They're good 3rd party games, that's all.

Also, haven't played SMK in a long time, but MK Wii needs a lot more skill than the latest Mario Karts, I have no doubts about it, I think this "it was noobified" thing is completly bogus. I mean, powersliding isn't as easy to pull of and you need to time it right, you need to know how to pull stunts, choose the right vehicle, if you have a bike you have to learn how to use it effectively, etc. And we already had this argument about Brawl, but whatever.

It's funny that people just say that there are loads of crappy titles, so what? As long as there are lots of good ones, who the hell cares? It's like PS2. Up to taste of course.

Yeah it's annoying.

But you have to remember Mario kart isn't a core game anymore, it's a casual/party game, unlike the SNES and DS games where the skill-luck balance was very good.

I would agree with the skill-luck ratio.

Also, Smash is great but it's a party game now aswell more than the series has ever been; hardcore gamers don't really go for party games.

The only thing i see different from it's melee predecessor is that its a bit more balanced. Some characters in melee were far to unfair.

And you can't suggest metroid to people. it's aimed at a VERY niche market so everyone who is interested in it will have already bought it.

I have. And they have liked it. Only happened twice though.

Yeah it's annoying.

Last time I checked, games don't require skill to be 'hardcore'. And Mario Kart and Brawl are hardly party games. I'm pretty sure i'm a hardcore gamer, and i'm pretty sure Brawl isn't a 'party' game. The only reason that you you say your good at Melee, is playing through unbalanced characters and finding exploits in the game so the other person doesn't get a chance to attack. Brawl is more balanced and more challenging to play, the player themselves have to become better to beat opponents, not through cheap tactics that people master.

Sonic and the Secret Rings is an awesome game :heh: And one of the better 3rd party games out there. NiGHTs could of if more time got spent on it.

You kidding me? SATSR was one of the worst games I have ever played >_<