N-Europe

Kid Icarus Wii

david.dakota

I hope it's something truly epic but knowing nintendo, they'll use the fact that Pit is basically cupid and when valentines day comes by next year we'll see 'Nintendo presents: love training'. It's like brain training but Pit basically teaches you how to love.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's something truly epic but knowing nintendo, they'll use the fact that Pit is basically cupid and when valentines day comes by next year we'll see 'Nintendo presents: love training'. It's like brain training but Pit basically teaches you how to love.
lol, it's a terrifying thought!

Perhaps it will even come bundled with a fluffy bow and heart shaped arrow attachment, for everyones favourite Wii Zapper that gets used all the time! :indeed:

I died a little when I realised the rather high probability of that happening.

Heya there folks,

This is Tanner Smith, News Leader for Kombo. We've been fortunate enough to get ahold of some exclusive concept art of Kid Icarus for the Wii (in development at Factor 5). This isn't a joke, no prank - all real.

Enjoy them!

edit: cause of my 'just registered' status I can't post the link here. Head over to Kombo's web page to view them.

FAKE!

The art style is too different between the different pictures. Plus Pit's creator, after the entail brawl trailer asked if he could use the sprite from brawl in a new project. These look way different from that.

I wouldn't jump to say they're fake, a company has loads of art designers and loads of sketches are made, I always thought that F5 were working on KI, I just don't believe they're still working with this style. Check the story on the main site and comment it :P

If possible, maybe the judgements and conclusions that have been jumped to, are a little harsh. If that is the style, I say we give it a chance and see what the end product will look like.

People often complain about how there are no mature titles or nintendo rehashes their IPs but this could be an IP that fills that initial sense of what a 'mature' game is and takes an old IP but in a new direction rather than just retreading what has gone before. Only a bit of patience, instead of knee-jerk reactions, will tell.

Honestly, why are we moaning about the art style and possible direction of the game? Three quarters of the Nintendo fanbase died when Metroid Prime was revealed. The rest died after seeing Wind Waker. We were proved wrong on both counts, and i'm sure we'll be proved wrong again, regardless of what art style is chosen - Factor 5 have already said that they're pushing Wii to the absolute max and producing a game engine which gives the PS3 a run for its money - this game will look mind blowing.

Comparing the character to that in Smash Bros (which is an updated model of a retro character) with any full game is simply madness - Smash Bros Brawl should not be cementing the look and feel of future titles.

I like this art direction. I'm all for a cutesy game as much as any other Nintendo fan, but if they are to bring this Kid back, then I think they need to grow him up a bit.

Here's some info to go with the pics- though treat it as rumour mill fodder until its proven as fact:

- artwork comes from early 2008 pitch document, art style has since evolved

- Nintendo showed interest in Factor 5 developed project, but no confirmation of green lit project has been announced

- early Factor 5 pitched storyline involves Pit being “cursed for thousands of years for a crime and becomes a ‘fallen angel’.” He sports a tattoo on his arm to mark his crime

- Nintendo has “no comment” on all art and information presented

The time is ripe for people to fake some Kid Icarus Wii info seeing as the Internet is clambering for info on the game, so who knows what to think about this stuff.

I have only played Kid Icarus a very small amount of time but those art and generic plot are really ... meh.

How can they put this :

super-smash-bros-brawl-20070629060435275.jpg

into the game if it looks so serious?

Anyway, concept art and maybe fake so I won't bother it.

Just to clarify to those with a problem over this new Pit design,

Factor 5's 'supposed' pitch invisaged an Adult Pit.

So it's not yet another reinvention of the charcter or anything, it's the same one, but older [though that seemed obvious]:

http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=11895

The last nugget of information we have to share with you is in regards to the game's plot. At the time of the document's writing, Factor 5 had imagined a plot starring a grown-up, adult Pit, who is "cursed for thousands of years for a crime and becomes a 'fallen angel.'" The pitch adds that "a tattoo on Pit's arm bears the inscription of Pit's crime."

blurb_kidicarusartrevealed.jpg

I would prefer they stayed with a model similiar to the SSBB Pit.

But if they are making Pit older then I quite like this one.

kidicarusrumored_050808_12828.jpg

Although maybe with black wings for that whole fallen angel thing.