N-Europe

Bare Bones Mafia

Dyson

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right so basically we're screwed. I'm pretty sure that chair isn't a proper investigator and that he is in fact a mafia member pretending to be an investigator. However as we have no way to prove anything for sure any more there isn't much hope for the game.

Basically I think we should lynch chairdriver. We know he is either a naive cop (as he didn't have any sort of limitation like Coolness and Cube) or he's part of the mafia. Either way he is little help to us, because he has only found good people so far so clearly he can't get results on baddies. Then, once we know if he's good or bad, we can go after those who he has said are 'good' etc.

I know it is a risk, but seeing as chairdriver hasn't been much help so far and we know that he isn't a normal cop...

Vote: Chairdriver

Right so basically we're screwed. I'm pretty sure that chair isn't a proper investigator and that he is in fact a mafia member pretending to be an investigator. However as we have no way to prove anything for sure any more there isn't much hope for the game.

Basically I think we should lynch chairdriver. We know he is either a naive cop (as he didn't have any sort of limitation like Coolness and Cube) or he's part of the mafia. Either way he is little help to us, because he has only found good people so far so clearly he can't get results on baddies. Then, once we know if he's good or bad, we can go after those who he has said are 'good' etc.

I know it is a risk, but seeing as chairdriver hasn't been much help so far and we know that he isn't a normal cop...

Vote: Chairdriver

Erm, that makes no sense at all. You'd want to sacrifice the only investigator we have left? I am pretty sure he is an investigator (I think there are/were three doctors and three investigators), and it'd be better to keep him around for however long we can (if there is a doctor left, be sure to protect him!). If he was a naive cop, then it's likely he will turn into a "good" cop now anyway.

This is now a tricky predictament. Should we lynch chair, considering he marked me and Maase as being good? And if he really is a naive cop, he shouldn't be lynched, since he's good.

We should still check who was investigated so far, and who did the investigation...

This is now a tricky predictament. Should we lynch chair, considering he marked me and Maase as being good? And if he really is a naive cop, he shouldn't be lynched, since he's good.

We should still check who was investigated so far, and who did the investigation...

I'd say start checking the people who -haven't- been investigated yet. The mafia is amongst those, and surely the list of people can't be that long anymore now.

Erm, that makes no sense at all. You'd want to sacrifice the only investigator we have left? I am pretty sure he is an investigator (I think there are/were three doctors and three investigators), and it'd be better to keep him around for however long we can (if there is a doctor left, be sure to protect him!). If he was a naive cop, then it's likely he will turn into a "good" cop now anyway.

Nintendohnut is following the suspicion I had yesterday, but he's not gving it much thought. IIRC, chair said dohnut is good.

I'd say start checking the people who -haven't- been investigated yet. The mafia is amongst those, and surely the list of people can't be that long anymore now.

That's why I wanted the investigation results. We need to start eliminating possibilities.

Looking through my PMs I've noticed they all say "X is good", whereas the one I got when I investigated MadDog says "MadDog is town".

That could be a way to differentiate between good and evil.

So, vote : MadDog

You think Dyson would be that subtle?

It's worth a shot, but I'll wait for the "Investigated people" list, first.

Yeah, I think that might just be something Dyson did, but not on purpose to differentiate between the two. We could try it though I guess, but I still want that list. Wasn't there one around somewhere (tried checking the last few pages but might have missed it)?

This is of course possible Chair. However, it may be that now you are being questioned you have decided that sacrificing a mafia player who may not be participating a huge amount is worth it to make us all believe in you again. Why did you not check your PMs before? Could it not be the other way around, with 'good' meaning baddie and 'town' really meaning townie?

It's just a little too convenient for my liking. And Eenuh, it was just an idea, the way you leap in to protect chair at the first hint of danger...what's that about?

This is of course possible Chair. However, it may be that now you are being questioned you have decided that sacrificing a mafia player who may not be participating a huge amount is worth it to make us all believe in you again. Why did you not check your PMs before? Could it not be the other way around, with 'good' meaning baddie and 'town' really meaning townie?

It's just a little too convenient for my liking. And Eenuh, it was just an idea, the way you leap in to protect chair at the first hint of danger...what's that about?

Because the only way we can get information is through Chairdriver, and I do not want to sacrifice him at all. Without his information, we'll just be blindly voting for people, since there is no other way for us to do anything. Honestly, I think it'd be silly to lynch him.

Also, aren't you on his list of "good" people too?

No, actually, I was on Cube's list. As Jonnas has just repeated. Changing the subject...?

The point is he has so far provided us with nothing, and has admitted to being what is probably a naive cop. This could also be a complete lie, he could be mafia, and just saying that everyone is good to keep his team alive longer. Why are you so trusting of him Eenuh? He has given us no valuable information at all (apart from when he came out with info on a bad guy, who is frankly well known for not taking part in the mafia games and who wouldn't have been a loss to the mafia if it meant getting chair trusted by people)

I believe he at least is mafia, possibly you and maybe Jonnas as well (I know he's cunning enough to hide himself by arguing against chairdriver now lol)

No, actually, I was on Cube's list. As Jonnas has just repeated. Changing the subject...?

The point is he has so far provided us with nothing, and has admitted to being what is probably a naive cop. This could also be a complete lie, he could be mafia, and just saying that everyone is good to keep his team alive longer. Why are you so trusting of him Eenuh? He has given us no valuable information at all (apart from when he came out with info on a bad guy, who is frankly well known for not taking part in the mafia games and who wouldn't have been a loss to the mafia if it meant getting chair trusted by people)

I believe he at least is mafia, possibly you and maybe Jonnas as well (I know he's cunning enough to hide himself by arguing against chairdriver now lol)

Urgh, so now I'm a suspect for trying to defend our only investigator? -___-;

How on earth would you try to filter out the mafia without any sort of information? Just pick people out randomly like we've been doing so far (and failing at miserably)? And as you may notice, I didn't vote out a townie.

Plus I voted for Haggis as well (not like you will care about this anyway).

Well if you think that Eenuh and Jonnas might be mafia wouldn't it be a better idea to lynch them? Then there's no chance of us losing the investigator.

I'm not totally with you on the Dohnut but you're right, people are jumping too quickly to defend Chair but then again we did just lose Cube :(

Gonna be so hard from now on

Vote:Jamba

I didn't like the way he was posting when Haggis was up for lynch, and in light of evidence, I am most suspicious about him.

Er what now? :wtf:

Why don't we lynch one of the people who Chairdriver has found to be good, who isn't very active? That way we can check his info and will know what to do next. If we kill Chairdriver himself and it turns out he has been right all along we are just shooting ourselves in the foot.

I still think we should go through the list and see who hasn't been investigated yet. Or lynch Maddog to see if chairdrivers results are good or bad.

I think doing the opposite is more productive. We lynch someone on the list of people Chairdriver has said are 'good' and then if the people are evil then we know what's going on.

However the problem there is I wouldn't expect chair to be so stupid that he simply named a mafia player every day. So I reckon if he is mafia, half his list of 'goodies' are evil. We just need to find one, though, and we have a chance.

We could also start looking into people who aren't investigated yet, but it would take longer since that list is longer than that of chairdriver's.

Why don't we lynch one of the people who Chairdriver has found to be good, who isn't very active? That way we can check his info and will know what to do next. If we kill Chairdriver himself and it turns out he has been right all along we are just shooting ourselves in the foot.

See, a naive cop gets a "good" result, no matter who he investigates. If we follow your idea, and that person came out good, we'd accomplish nothing.

@Jamba/Lazyboy: I've had that small suspicion with Jamba a while ago, but so small... I say lynch him only if we're REALLY desperate.

@Nintendohnut: Dohnut, I was the one who came forward with the idea chair could be evil. If I was a mafia member along with chair, no way I would plant that idea in other people's minds. I get your point, though, considering I was in your shoes, the other day.

Anyway, I'm all for voting Maddog, to see if it's right.

I won't be able to search for that list, though. Gonna be busy for the next couple of days, so I ask someone else to do it. So...

Vote: Maddog

And good night.