NEurope
Bren

Blade gets locked up

Bit mad, why avoid tax when you have so much money?

Surely the more money you earn the more tempted you are to avoid paying tax because of the huge amount at stake? He's supposedly swindled the government out of $15m, that's a lot in anyone's book. That's why its millionares who set up offshore bank accounts and live as tax exiles while people on average income don't bother.

Bluestar got it in one.

Doesn't stop him from being an idiot mind.

As soon as they lock the doors he'll just say "Teddy bear" and he'll be straight back out again.

haha what, you think he's gonig to san quentin or something? tax dodgers don't get locked up in high security jams full of drug dealers and murderers ffs...

I have a fear of jail, mainly the getting raped thing. If you watched a particular boondocks episode, you would understand. Maybe watching too much Oz when I was younger has warped my mind.

To be honest even if he was in a high-security prison, I'm sure there'd be enough fans there to keep him safe?

It's blatantly not going to be 3 years without parole/probation, so I'm sure he'll be out in 12 months or less.

course it will be. he got his accountant to massage his books, not push crack around south central.

But prosecutors said an example should be set because of Snipes's fame.

Thats wrong, he should get trteated like everyone else not used as an exaple due to his fame.

I know what he did was wrong, but he should be treated like any other person.

Snipes is not currently in custody and it is not yet clear when he will have to surrender to authorities.

But hes not being punished yet so theres time.

To be honest even if he was in a high-security prison, I'm sure there'd be enough fans there to keep him safe?

He's not exactly a small guy anyway, he was chosen for Blade for a reason. That + all the martial arts training, the fame and the money would keep him safe. If he's not hard enough to keep himself safe then he has the cash to buy protection...

Serves him right, maybe many more rich tax evasion celebs will be caught or come clean and cough up the dough.

I was just discussing this today: if you avoid taxes you get locked up in prison but all the criminals beating up random people have to pay a fine and get a pat on the back with a soft: "just don't do it again, ok?"

Thank you Mr. Justice system.

haha what, you think he's gonig to san quentin or something? tax dodgers don't get locked up in high security jams full of drug dealers and murderers ffs...

course it will be. he got his accountant to massage his books, not push crack around south central.

lol Post of the day?

He's going to federal prison which means he has to serve each day of his sentence since the federal prison system doesn't do parole. You tend to find the more hardcore criminals in federal prisons, not the white collar fraud types. Plus you don't do your time anywhere near where you live, you could end up on the other end of the country, such as Levenworth. Federal prison tends to house the worst of the worst offenders, rapists, killers, military criminals, and basically anyone who violated federal laws such as cross-state drug dealers and people with federal weapons violations.

I was just discussing this today: if you avoid taxes you get locked up in prison but all the criminals beating up random people have to pay a fine and get a pat on the back with a soft: "just don't do it again, ok?"

Thank you Mr. Justice system.

Uh, this guy stole $15 million dollars from the US government and by proxy the people in the United States including people who have barely two beans to rub together, in spite of being incredibly wealthy. What do you think his punishment should be?

Uh, this guy stole $15 million dollars from the US government and by proxy the people in the United States including people who have barely two beans to rub together, in spite of being incredibly wealthy. What do you think his punishment should be?

He didnt really steal anything, in theory the state has got annoyed because they cant have it. I know its the law and taxes help though.

Poor guy. I feel bad for him. We have the same name. Therefore, me, Snipes, brothers, yo.